StarCraft II Topic

Metalkon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

After seeing how ultralisks got raped by thors' strike cannons in day9's last daily, I say that's a good choice.

Auto mining and large control groups are okay, now if only blizzard would take away the auto-movement units have during large battles, where they automatically form a concave.

I highly doubt people are gonna post their emails where google can cache them. I also doubt they'll post them due to the Real ID friend system that's currently in place. I have updated the SC2 Players list though, so hopefully everyone will post their new character names/ID's.

I can't believe I just pulled out this win. Went for early mutas against a Terran on scrap station and shit started falling apart. I wasn't able to get much harassment in before he worked up a large marine/marauder force so I switched really quick to zergling/baneling and bought myself some time. Transported some drones to the island base and started making air units from there. He ended up taking out my two mainland bases so I had to 1-base on the island for a long ass time. I just sat there building up corruptors and mutas so I could hope to break out/prepare for any dropships. He wasn't able to do any good drops because of those and some spore crawlers so I morphed some broodlords and started picking his shit apart. From there on out it was strictly broodlords/corruptors as I started to re-expand to the mainland. He gg'd when his main fell because he was just then trying to expand across the map. Praise be to Allah for that because I really don't think I could have supported such an expensive unit comp for much longer. Broodlords are so dope.

17th in the division wooooo

Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

I personally enjoy these changes, even the ones to the Terrans. Makes it a bit more balanced.

It reminds me of this match I has just yesterday where I was fighting another terran. Pretty close match actually on Blistering Sands.

So there I was, setting up a defense. I had this very werid feeling he was gonna reaper rush me, so I set up a bunker to the far right and set my barracks to close in the main entrance, before loading bunker A with a marauder and two rines. OF COURSE I knew he'd use reapers. They try to sneak in and don't see my bunker at all, and he gets half of them completely wasted. He tries sneaking in the othert way but they get killed as well from other rines I was building. Gives me a good idea of how he's building and allows me time to set up a counter.

Then it comes late game, we've both been pretty quiet, when out of nowhere he tries ANOTHER reaper rush, which just astounds me. By then I have 5 tanks protecting the border of my base, and he gets blown back to hell. Apparently, though, that was just a distraction so his army of ZOMGWTF 10 banshees marches behind my base and starts killing my block of supply depots. Thankfully I had 5 missile turrets placed in key locations AND a raven so I was able to see them. I wipe em out with some vikings and some marines, and I'm able to rebuild eventually from there.

It was basically GG when I attacked his second expo with three ravens at full energy and 7 vikings. Auto turrets behind the mineral lines while the vikings gave backup. He lost everything, and it was a good game.

EDIT: By the way, took the test. I'm a ghost for some odd reason. I wanted Viking of Goliath, but oh well.

Edited by Pendragon