Modern Warfare 2

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think guns need a bit of a damage boost against Air Support, and AT-4 should either be a 1-shot kill against Air Support or a 2-pack deal.

Harriers should not get Flares

Attack Helicopter/Pavelow/Chopper Gunner get 1 for the first 30 seconds.

AC-130 gets 2.

That should be the rules, this would mean the AC-130 can be shot down, but not likely unless coordinated by more then 1 dood with Stingers, or a guy with SoH, and a quick suicide.

Harriers wouldn't be the pretty much beat all Air Support.

CG's and Pavelows wouldn't be as hard to shoot down, considering the pure rape they unleash.

~

I also think it would be pretty cool to see it where Killstreak bonuses don't add to your Killstreak at all, you have to actually kill that number of people w/o dying to gain the killstreak, no more Air Support chains. That would drastically change the way this game is played.

~

What does everybody think is the best secondary for a class w/o Stopping Power or Steady Aim?

I ask because I keep getting jerked around with my secondary selections with my UMP class (Mara/LW/Ninja).

EDIT: Answered this question, Akimbo Rangers.

Edited by Enganacious

I'd rather not double post and the post that once filled this spot was along the lines of "I agree with you but". So instead I'll add a more substantial post in it's place:

People bitch about range on certain 1-2 shot kill weapons like that because it's garbage and imbalanced, not because it's not realistic.

The above quote is my reasoning for declaring the following as law:

Anyone who relies the on the M16 or AR attached grenade launcher (its called a n00btube for a reason, especially the OMA exploit) to play is lying if they consider themselves competent at the game in any way. Anyone uses the above and doesn't need to to earn kills is just being a total ass. I forgive use of the AT4/RPG because while it's a sure-fire kill when aimed properly, setting up the shot is a difficult gamble. They take long to switch to, to aim, and to fire with.

The class I wreck with:

SCAR-H Silenced (Blue Tiger)

AT4-HS

Claymore+Stun

Scavenger Pro

Danger Close Pro

Ninja Pro

It has 2 jobs. Clear and (re)claim a Spawn/Building/Objective, and protect a Spawn/Building/Objective. Consider that I only normally play with my clan, and that we end up playing 90% Sabotage. So I switch between this^ class for defense, and this other class for offense:

Mini-Uzi Silenced

G18 Silenced

Semtex+Stun

Marathon Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Ninja Pro

I use the road(s) less traveled on every map it's possible to do so, and take a stealthy approach. If I can't, then I rush and break through where defenses are weakest (I look for the PSN tag of the easiest guy to kill and commence rape basically).

Disscuss.

Edited by Vincent210

• 2 weeks later...

You're a hypocrite. You say people don't need skill to run the M16 well and yet you say you wreck with the SCAR and Mini-Uzi...two weapons that are in fact easier to kill with. Funny guy.

At least the M16 forces you to be on target the first time rather than being able to spam a stream of bullets...just a thought.

I do you one better though...I wreck with a Lightweight M4/Silencer outside of hardcore. 5 shot range kills are are pretty dope. You should try it sometime. 2-3 shots are overrated.

Edited by Wrenchis

The above quote is my reasoning for declaring the following as law:

Anyone who relies the on the ... AR attached grenade launcher ... to play is lying if they consider themselves competent at the game in any way.

Disscuss.

Or maybe they're trying to get challenges done. Or maybe they just like explosions. The GL has one shot, and a pretty hefty reload. If you die from it, quit getting into situations where it can best you. Otherwise, quit bitching.

Use Teamwork and sacrafice, tell one of your unlucky teammate to bait the guy, if he's good at using corners maybe he'll live too, then the whole team runs in gun blazing and kill the propipe guy when he's reloading

or stop bitching because you're running around by yourself like an idiot exposing yourself to things like this.

Wait I forgot, there's no such thing as teamwork on MW2.

Can I still make a class for review here?

After playing as a Medic in BC2, I decided I liked LMGs. I went back to MW2, picked up the M240 (related to my BC2-Beloved M249 SAW) and played a couple games. Almost immediately got the Supernatural accolade (10:1 KDR), Immortal (Highest KDR) and Mastadon (KDR of 5:1+). So, here's the class I was using:

M240 RDS

Glockimbo

Semtex

Flashbang x2

Sleight of Hand Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Steady Aim Pro

Final Stand

SoH is both helpful and hilarious (the fast-forwarded reloads make me laugh every time), especially for the LMG. Stopping Power replaced Lightweight after losing some firefights to higher RoF SMGs. Will probably switch to Cold Blooded and equip a Stinger secondary. Steady Aim for hip fire kills in Close Combat when I don't have time to ADS. Tips? Tricks? LMG help?

M240 does not suck - I tried every other LMG for a full game each and decided I like the M240 the best. Also, changed Sleight if Hand pro to Bling, usin RDS and grip. No recoil at all! And, did switch from SP to CB and stinger. Saved my ass, too. Last game I destroyed an AC-130, a pavelow, three attack choppers and two harriers. Our team still lost 2300-7500. I had 19 kills.

You're a hypocrite. You say people don't need skill to run the M16 well and yet you say you wreck with the SCAR and Mini-Uzi...two weapons that are in fact easier to kill with. Funny guy.

At least the M16 forces you to be on target the first time rather than being able to spam a stream of bullets...just a thought.

I do you one better though...I wreck with a Lightweight M4/Silencer outside of hardcore. 5 shot range kills are are pretty dope. You should try it sometime. 2-3 shots are overrated.

Where do I start? Okay, maybe with the fact that while it's a low amount, SCAR-H actually has kick at range. M16 has about the kick of a water gun with MW2 psyhics. That on top of 1-burst at any range basically does the work for you. And I try not to spray in someone general direction. Aiming is good. And I honestly have nothing to say one way or the other about the Mini-Uzi. I never heard of it being that good, P90 & Vector are better IMO. All guns are easy, the M16 is just too easy. The person behind just has to aim

Or maybe they're trying to get challenges done. Or maybe they just like explosions. The GL has one shot, and a pretty hefty reload. If you die from it, quit getting into situations where it can best you. Otherwise, quit bitching.

If someone's getting challenges done, they may be competent, but they are still unwittingly being an ass. And the GL is just to easy. At that point you don't even have to aim. That's what gets me. Behind an M16, all you have to do is look and fire. Not fire 1st, just fire. I can start 1st with my Mini-Uzi CQC and still die from the things spray. It's like fusing an EBR, a FAMAS, and a Spas12 in one. That's just unfair BS. Back to GLs, hefty reload isn't so hefty considering to miss with a GL on the 1st shot you have to try to miss or suddenly have your index finger cut off before firing. And it only takes one. The switch is fast on top of that, so again, even if I have better reaction time, they're just handed victory on a silver platter.

HA, you just suggested everyone quit MW2 completely (or always hide in a corner no one will find you).

This is the only thought half the MW2 population can form at this rate, outside of trolling, which, sadly, has even gotten lackluster and laughable.

Whatever. I've mostly stopped playing. Actually, though I still can't grasp the reason besides sheer fun, I've started playing GTA4 again. Watching someone climb 30 sets of stairs just to push them and watch them crack their skull on half of them. Priceless. That and trapping people to the floor with fire hoses.

CURRENT TOPIC: M240 is cool, I prefer the RPD and AUG myself though.

Edited by Vincent210

That was such a terrible argument, Vincent. You said nothing new. We get it, the GL is "easy", but why? Since we're saying things twice, I'll tell you what I said again. It's got disadvantages: No close-range. You're screwed there; terrible long-range. If you're not straight-on, you'll need that second shot; Terrible explosions. I've died from many people because a table or a few bricks stood in the way of my enemies. And I don't mean the entire table, I mean the leg of a table or a small little step-up on the ground.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the GL, you're just one of the mindless drones bitching about it because it kills you.

Oh. Changed that class quite a bit.

M240 RDS + Grip (no recoil = me happy)

Stinger

Frag

Flashbang x2

Bling Pro (feels kinda useless cuzza Stinger secondary, but I like RDS + Grip)

CB Pro (Necessary for any anti-air class)

Steady Aim Pro (for hipfire. Lack of recoil means when I get it, I will change RDS to ACOG)

Final Stand

And those last stand faggots exploiting the M93R glitch are really pissing me off. Got killed by some guy using Akimbo Rafficas as his secondary (and Last Stand) at least 6-8 times in ONE round. >;)

That was such a terrible argument, Vincent. You said nothing new. We get it, the GL is "easy", but why? Since we're saying things twice, I'll tell you what I said again. It's got disadvantages: No close-range. You're screwed there; terrible long-range. If you're not straight-on, you'll need that second shot; Terrible explosions. I've died from many people because a table or a few bricks stood in the way of my enemies. And I don't mean the entire table, I mean the leg of a table or a small little step-up on the ground.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the GL, you're just one of the mindless drones bitching about it because it kills you.

Okay. Fine. I'll break it down:

GL:

Pros:

-One Shot Kill, meaning dmg race is always yours

-Little Accuracy Required

-Easy Switch

-Easy building clear

Cons:

-Long Reload

Not much damage done vertically (as in a target just above the explosion is relatively safe)

THE PROBLEM WITH THAT:

Player A is using an AR of choice (fill in with whichever if any you use), and Player B is using his noobtube. Player A and B encounter, and player A begins to fire. Player B is damaged and moves back, but fires at a wall to Player A's right in panic. Player B just got a kill he didn't deserve, due to the unbalanced abilities of a weapon that shouldn't be allowed.

Also, remember that the GL is attached to another weapon. Even if someone using a tube is dense enough to miss, they will clip and not even be required to reload, since from that point all they have to do is switch back and spray toward you. Having almost died form the tube, they only need to hit you with 1 bullet out of random spray.

Its hard to lose with a tube, it does all the work. I hope this is a little better an explanation.

It's not much of a big deal nowadays. I guess it's because everyone moved to Battlefield but I see less tubes now. M16s are a common annoyance though. The M16 is basically the noobtube with all the drawbacks taken away. You still have a ridiculously easy to aim one shot kill, only now it has a fast reload, multiple shots in a clip, CQC ability, and is much less likely to get caught on a chair-leg. Does that at least make sense to you as a weapon that throws off balance?

Again, moving on: Wantfastcars, why on Earth do you have an RDS on this thing? Wasting perk 1. Keep the grip, drop the dot, and sleight-of-hand this thing. There aren't really many guns that need any form of additional sight in this game, the M240 definitely doesn't. More importantly, even if the sight is just preference, the grip is nessecary if you plan to go full auto. Otherwise your left to burst fire.

Edit: M93 Raffica "Glitch"? If they're using last stand, then they should be getting their raffica since its their pistol if I'm not mistaken. Or are they doing something else?

Edited by Vincent210

Not really, Alex. Also, consider the amount of campers. GL is perfect for those campers you claim so much. And even then, it's only really effective in head to head battles. Also, for example, take into the bunkers by the poppy field on Afghan. MAJOR disadvantage right there. I'm not condoning constant use of GL's, but they're not these evil, child-raping monsters you put them out to be.

@ Vincent: Raffica is a Machine Pistol, and Last Stand merits the use of a REGULAR pistol. If you do not have a PISTOL secondary, you will switch to the M9. If you are using a pistol, you will switch to that. The M93R is the ONLY machine pistol that registers as a regular pistol, and as such, you will pull out your Raffica(s) instead of an M9. Akimbo Rafficas, in close range, output six bullets instantaneously, enough for a one-shot-kill (especially if the target is not at full health). This is really freaking annoying.

"Player B just got a kill he didn't deserve, due to the unbalanced abilities of a weapon that shouldn't be allowed."

wat.

no one deserves anything. ever. what kind of semantic bullshit is this?

stop whining because you get killed by one weapon. i bet if someone totally raped you with a deagle for 8 matches straight youd whine about how OP the deagle is.

When you get pissed at the GL you generally are getting singled out by it. GL users who single out their targets usually suck. They got nothing better to do than spam grenades for 10 minutes.

Now if you want to go over some real pros/cons for the weapon when using it the way that makes it so you aren't just wasting your grenades...

Pros

-Capable of killing multiple targets

-Longest useable range for explosives

- Frees up equipment slot so you can use something besides grenades without sacrificing anything save maybe a trapping setup depending on selection

-Easily dispatches enemies from cover or uncommon angles

Cons

-Missing can be fatal

-Takes more time to use than shooting people.

I'm going to explain the last con there for a moment. When you are actually taking full advantage of what the GL is capable of you are never having it ready to go for any amount of time. You do all your work with bullets and when you see the opportunity come up to use the GL you then have to make the switch. That means that in a situation where you can use the GL you are spending at least 1 second not doing anything up until the point of use. That's a full second where the situation can become unfavorable for the GL and forcing you to change back, spending another second, or you can get shot in that timeframe. Saying the GL is an easy switch in this case is a false statement. Every moment matters in a game where you can be dropped in a fraction of a second.

So basically you have a weapon that is capable of a lot if used properly with death being a probable outcome for mistakes. Death is the worst con you could have so I would say it balances out just fine. It's obvious what happens usually anyways because most GL abusers have 1/1 ratios for their matches which usually isn't helping your team out.

Bottom line though is if you died to the GL you most likely could have died to bullets too. Stop your bitching.

-Edit

Why the fuck would anyone like the M240? Worst recoil in the game. Your rounds are always jumping around even under burst fire. It's probably the worst weapon in Call of Duty history let alone MW2.

Edited by Wrenchis

I'm content with agreeing to disagree, I explained my point properly and you have interpreted it as you will. Moving on may now commence.

I wants my Hyena emblem. Last I checked you have to get some couple hundred multikills with Launchers? That and my AK back. Much fun to be had. And is it me or is a clan necessary for this game? There was once a time where I could join merc TDM and have a team that preforms and communicates. Now if I try that I'll end up with a team that's cursing me out more than my enemy ;)

It's funny but annoying, so now I'm forced to wait for at least 4 friends to log in before playing anymore. Anyone know how to make a team competent? Besides doing the work for them, that's more annoying than anything else, even though I get some 60/6 K/D out of it.

Edit to respond to Edit: I don't use the gun myself, but I used to have a class some 6 months ago. That thing is more for hilarious kills than anything else, its scares the living crap out of someone when you fire for some odd reason. RPD is superior though.

Edited by Vincent210