Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw Gundam I want a Revolver Stake or a Plasma gun like the one the L-Gaim uses

Hell even a sniper rifle like the Cloud Breaker 01 uses in Murakumo Mech Hunter/ACE 1.

Enough of the Gundam references if they're gonna reference lets reference other stuff.

Edited by Densuo

The lockbox from previous AC games has returned in a new reincarnation: Lockcan

... the Lockcan? No. That's the Lockring or bust.

JANUARY 2012!? A whole fucking year before the world ends? At least life will be fun in the end if the Mayans got it right.

Goddamn those tank legs are badass.

It looks like they've really changed the overall game mechanics quite a bit. I'm definitely interested...hopefully the changes will be for the best. From what I saw in the live demo, it looks like they will.

I'm not a very big fan of DLC though. Well, it depends on what the content is, how much of it there is (and the quality), and how much it costs (hopefully nothing!). Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Mechadon

I am currently translating the howitzers stats from the howitzer screenshot. I've done nearly all of them so far, and with some great help from Renketsu0 we've managed to really shorten the translation time. I'll also translate the legs stats from the leg pic, too, and then post them all here in this thread. It should help us understand how ACV works a bit better!

-------------------------

After a bit of work trying to read some kanji and a little guesswork, I managed to translate these AC screenshots. The translations are not perfect, because of this I decided to list both the japanese kanji in the pictures as well as the translations for the kanji I think are most correct. You will need japanese language packs installed on your computer or you'll only see boxes in place of kanji characters. I am 100% sure that the kanji I listed in the translation sections and the kanji in the images are the same everywhere.

Anyway, much thanks to Renketsu0 for helping me out with that kanji radical search engine he showed me, which saved me a bunch of time, as well as helping me translate a few of these. Even more importantly, I probably wouldn't have bothered translating more than a few stats if his drive to translate them hadn't been so strong that it inspired me a bit to actually get off my butt and do more work.

Note: I will not translate the descriptions. They're just junk filler text.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225434_160638887333684_135940349803538_387571_8067059_n.jpg

Bipedal Legs (Medium) - ULG-10/A DENALI

--------------------------------------------------

AP [18,400]

------------------------- AP

防御力 : KE [1,320]

------------------------- Defensive Power : KE

防御力 : TE [400]

------------------------- Defensive Power : TE

防御力 : CE [280]

------------------------- Defensive Power : CE

積載量 [5,600]

------------------------- Load Capacity

消費EN [1,100]

------------------------- Energy Drain

総積載量

------------------------- Total Load

総消費EN

------------------------- Total Energy Drain

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/221665_160638904000349_135940349803538_387572_4656056_n.jpg

Howitzer - KO-6K/PAUKI

攻撃力 : KE [9,000]

------------------------- Attack Power: KE

衝撃力 [3,800]

------------------------- Stun Power

装弾数 [30]

------------------------- Ammunition

リロード時間 [160]

------------------------- Reload Rate

発射速度 [900]

------------------------- Bullet Velocity

威力保障距離 [290]

------------------------- Optimal Range

減衰率 [70]

------------------------- Decay Rate

射撃安定率 [89]

------------------------- Accuracy

弾単価 [250]

------------------------- Ammunition Price

スコープ倍率 [24]

------------------------- Scope Magnification

爆発力 : KE [3,500]

------------------------- Explosion Attack Power: KE

爆発衝撃 [1,800]

------------------------- Explosion Stun

爆発範囲 [30]

------------------------- Explosion Range

重量 [1,250]

------------------------- Weight

消費EN [330]

------------------------- Energy Drain

総重量 [7,330]

------------------------- Total AC Weight

安定性能 [960]

------------------------- Stability Rating

対反動性能 [799]

------------------------- Versus Impact Rating

旋回性能 [6,930]

------------------------- Turning Ability

EN回復力 [4,490]

------------------------- EN Recovery Power

修理費 [321,980]

------------------------- Repair Cost

総積載量 [5,730]

------------------------- Total Load Weight

積載限界 [7,200]

------------------------- Maximum Load Capacity

総消費EN [10,740]

------------------------- Total Energy Drain

EN出力 [15,800]

------------------------- Energy Output

総AP [37,600]

------------------------- Total AP

It seems as though this howitzer, or maybe all howitzers, are considered cannons. I am not 100% sure of this, but the reason I think this is because it has a Scope Magnification rating and the previous weapon does not have one. It seems like the designer is switching from some rifle-like weapon to to the howitzer. Since the scope stat and explosions stats aren't blue/red that means the previous weapon lacked those stats. A scope magnification (zoom-in) feature would make sense for cannons since they must be used in first person mode. Don't treat this as confirmed information, though. I could be wrong.

Yes, howitzers have an explosion radius.

The Optimal Range stat is a funky translation. The actual stat doesn't make any real sense to me. The literal translation "Power Security Range" is nonsensical at best. Optimal range was about as accurate of a translation as I could get. As far as I can tell, the optimal range stat is the range in which your weapon will do maximum damage. After this range your damage will decrease over distance. This is purely speculation from me. I'm not really even sure that the stat means what I think it means.

I believe Decay Rate kicks in after the weapon has exited its Optimal Range and entered into its falloff range, where damage decreases over distance.

Enjoy!

- Control of territory is the main focus of the MMO portion of ACV. Players can gain and lose territory by fighting over it in a persistant world.

- Player controlled territory in ACV can have defensive weaponry and units installed on it to help defend it against other players, even when the players who own the territory are offline.

If this is done, and done right, I am in heaven. This has been atop of my wish list for the last 5 years, since I posted it in an old 'AC Wishlist' topic back on ACO.

I'm also ridiculously keen to see what this generation's KARASAWA looks like.

I need this game.

Edited by Sandra Bullock

Wonder how howitzers will behave in this one. If they travel in an arc like before they'll probably need to have some crazy range on them if they're to be lobbed over buildings and terrain from cover. Either that or they might be like mortars, though that seems unlikely. I'm really curious about them all of a sudden. Looks like they've still got a healthy amount of ammo compared to previous grenade cannons though, so they could simply be a weaker arcing grenade round, meaning they haven't changed much since AC3. The attack power does look decently high, but we have nothing to compare that to.

Might be a lot of fun to pair it with a grenade cannon though. Bunker down at range and bombard the target, and when they get in close they get a (probably) much faster, more accurate, and best of all larger explosion all to themselves.

Also, I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. I want a sound-based weapon. I don't care if it's an overweapon and sucks, I'll MAKE it work.

Edited by Griffon

ANCIENT SPIRITS OF ARMORED CORE,

TRANSFORM THIS SIMPLE ADMIN,

TO NIJI, THE EVER-LIVING!

Mwa. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

I HAVE WON! FROM SOFTWARE put up high quality versions of the pictures in those screenshots on their site. I used them to cross-check the kanji and figure out the last unknown stat. I also cross-checked all the other stats to make sure they are using the correct kanji. I can with 100% certainty say that all the listed kanji are correct.

Missing Stat

減衰率 [70]

------------------------- Decay Rate

What the... Decay Rate? Could that be like what they were talking about with the bazooka (I mean, Battle Rifle), where it does less damage the farther it travels? I'm thinking that could just be attributed to its firing KE and not explosive KE. So if someone is hit with the round itself at range, then it'll do less damage than hit point-blank. But I think the explosive power stays the same. Seeing where the mystery stat was placed, that appears to me to be the case. Edited by Griffon

What if the Decay rate is to do with the effectiveness of the weapon. As ACV is a persistent world, it is possible that the weapon will also suffer stress from constant use of firing the weapon. So if Decay rate is 70, then it is possible that it could mean that it can fire 70 shots throughout its life in AC without any problem, but once it reached over 70, the weapon may be slightly innaccurate or prone to jam and remains that way til you repair the decaying problem.

It would mean vigilant with your use of weapon and more controlled firing rather than firing like you're in a John Woo film.

Well that's an interesting idea. I think we would have heard if they were going to do something like that though. I'll admit while I don't like the idea of having to repair/re-buy my favorite weapons when they crap out it may give us something to do with all that money we'd potentially be making online. Edited by Griffon

This could work out VERY nicely. Normally I'm not a fan of parts wearing out and having to rebuy them, but I never had a problem with it in Last Raven. In fact, it was a minor annoyance at worst, and an interesting take on battle damage at best.

And I'm also looking forward to what Niji stated earlier, regarding the Karasawa. I hope they don't make another CANOPUS.

I don't remember seeing anyone bash canopus though (not here anyways), iirc it was a top gun in AC4. They just want the karasawa back, is all.

I thought Niji said he was guessing decay rate stat was related to effectiveness of the shot dropping off as it goes past its max effective range? idk

I personally don't know why the canopus is bashed so often... It isn't a bad weapon. Just a bit slower...

Karasawa. its just a cooler name. I rocked the hell outta the Canopus in AC4 so I'm positive people just want the name. the 1000 ammo MG, the Moonlight, the Karasawa/Cano and Ogoto have been staple weapons.

Edited by Densuo

From what I can recall, hasn't the Moonlight been in pretty much every single iteration of the franchise? I would be a little surprised if it was missing in ACV. But then again, I was surprised there wasn't a Karasawa in AC4/FA (unless you count the Canopus...which I don't, although I suppose it was similar in behavior). Bringing back the Karasawa name and [overall] behavior for ACV would be a very cool thing to see.

As far as the decay rate is concerned...I hope that has more to do with damage output decreasing over distance with KE damage, and not CE (or whatever explosive damage is). It's been said already, but applying a damage decay to an explosive doesn't seem like it would a whole lot of sense. If it has more to do with weapon durability (like in LR), I'd be fine with that as long as it's implemented in a non-annoying way. But I think it would be more interesting if the decay rate had to do with scaling damage through range.

Edited by Mechadon

From what I can recall, hasn't the Moonlight been in pretty much every single iteration of the franchise? I would be a little surprised if it was missing in ACV. But then again, I was surprised there wasn't a Karasawa in AC4/FA (unless you count the Canopus...which I don't, although I suppose it was similar in behavior). Bringing back the Karasawa name and [overall] behavior for ACV would be a very cool thing to see.

Yeah, the MOONLIGHT has been in every AC game, and even Demons Souls, so I think it's almost certain that it'll show up in V as well.

Why don't you count the CANO as a SAWA though? Sure it may not have had the name but that's just because IIRC the guy at FROM it was named after doesn't work there anymore. That's why in NX-LR it was the KRSW. I'd love to see the legendary name return as well, but I'm not going to deny that the CANO was a SAWA through and through.

As far as the decay rate is concerned...I hope that has more to do with damage output decreasing over distance with KE damage, and not CE (or whatever explosive damage is).

That's the conclusion I reached, seeing as its damage and explosive damage are indeed two separate stats.

Why don't you count the CANO as a SAWA though? Sure it may not have had the name but that's just because IIRC the guy at FROM it was named after doesn't work there anymore. That's why in NX-LR it was the KRSW. I'd love to see the legendary name return as well, but I'm not going to deny that the CANO was a SAWA through and through.

Oh that's true, I remember hearing that the guy that the weapon was named after left. I forgot about that. I think the reason I never really considered them the same was just because of the name difference. As far as behavior is concerned, yea it's pretty much the AC4-equivalent of the old Karasawa. There's just that name difference that sorta disconnects the two weapons for me, especially when they kept the Moonlight (name) and not the Karasawa (name). Those two weapons in particular are sort of staple names that have stuck with the franchise for so long that it just seems odd to leave them out in future games.

I never really thought about it until now, but maybe the guy who left didn't want his name to be referenced in the new games? That seems like it could be one plausible reason why they decided to remove the name Karasawa from the game's usual hi-end laser rifle.

Edited by Mechadon