Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

I think it would be easiest to just have one giant club under the ID ACU for territory control. Whoevers on can just group up into a team of 5 and go rape stuff. You can have more than one team of 5 raping stuff, too. So maybe we can get like 20 teams of 5 people online at once. Raping stuff.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 people at once in an engagement/zone/whatever you wanna call it. 1 has to be an operator. I have no idea if the operator rides along in camera only mode or if they get to fly around in an AC. Your team overall and activity overall is not limited to 5 people at a time, though. As far as I know, anyway.

Perhaps. They could always sit it out on the edge of the map, and use a function like the auto map from past games. If something gets too close, they'll have to exit that and defend themselves.

Maybe we could even have the option of choosing an operator on the sidelines or in the fight.

i dont think there would be any point to the operator role then. if they did it that way, it would probably be more efficient to just make a radar-system-thing as a big back unit. i dont know how the operator could command while playing without the use of mics though.

If every AC had some map like thing, you probably wouldn't be able to sit down and look it over really carefully if you were knee deep in fighting.

While my way would probably invovle some distractions for the operator, I don't think the operator would be nearly as distracted as the other AC's. Maybe they could utilize some stealth like parts to help remain hidden.

I'm pretty sure FROM stated somewhere that the operator would not be fielded in an AC. So I'm pretty sure they're gonna be watching their radar screen, maybe being able to call in reinforcements but not much else.

Well, I probably won't be one then. Maybe.

So we do what? Throw matches or take it easy on Victims so they don't get scared off? Fuck that. If they quit after getting their face stomped then they shouldn't be playing vs. games. They need to stick to SP.

Never said anything about holding back. what I mean is we should try to be more aggressive to pick up fledgling pilots and help them improve. the more they enjoy the game the better for the community

The multiple booster stages from a single booster unit caught my attention the most.

Unless they really show significant differences from different boosters, in most cases we'll all end up using one booster unit. As far as I can tell ( without understanding moonspeak language ) there's the normal booster which was shown early during the garage view/simulation, then the High boosters which had the red flares. I suppose the Hi-boosters refer to QBs but act like a step up of normal boosters rather than a burst of energy. Lastly the Overed Boosters which is obviously familiar to most of you, big blue flare as the TP booster back in AC3 era.

The motion of the ACs while boosting became more... drifty, something like front mission or the japanese Armored Troopers or what other mech games you find where the boosters just pushes you to a certain direction and you'd have to actually drag your AC along before shifting to the other direction or going forward. Unless of course you use those red Hi-boosters to just bounce off.

As for the Operator, to me that position is awesome, you get to see other player's Point Of View and briefly the enemy's. So suppose while you scan around the enemy territory and find few ACs, you could quickly go through their armaments, or see their POV to find the snipers if any or powerhouse tanks that shred ACs in seconds and redirect the team.

Sure you might miss the rush of combat and dodging bullets but you could still watch the action rather than staring eagle eye view on a green screen.

Another point is.... you're gonna need damn good reflex to match that demo-player's effectiveness or surpass it since you'll be watching 4 ACs rather than 3.

Edited by Moon Walker

Been thinking about 5's new boost system a bit and while I'll admit I didn't care for it at first, something just dawned on me. While it was obvious that it relies on that first jump, it just now occurred to me, an ACs flight ability is completely defined by its jumping ability. This is a HUGE step towards making all different AC types viable. Quads I'm sure will have high ground speed and probably the ability to move with cannons deployed, RJs will completely rule the skies with their jumping capabilities and EN control, and Humanoid will be a happy medium, while tanks will be tanks.

I just warmed up to this new system by leaps and bounds assuming it works out this way. Fuck yes.

I know Griffin, right?

I'm willing to give this a try. It was DEFINITELY slowed down from ACFA's speeds where you were just boosting all over the sky, though still faster than LR.

If they find a perfect balance between the two, I will be losing my money very fast as I rush to throw it all at FROM SOFTWARE.

Edited by Pendragon

It looked pretty similar to 1.4 FA to me from the replay of the guy that played well, but I'll rewatch it just to be sure. Certainly wasn't AC4 speeds that's for sure.

Edit Post-Rewatch: Okay so it's a little bit slower than FA, imo. The normal boost speeds seem to be a little bit slower than FA, however when you add in all those wall jumps and that "high boost" or whatever they called it, it looks like it was back up to FA speeds.

Edited by NlJl

Edit Post-Rewatch: Okay so it's a little bit slower than FA, imo. The normal boost speeds seem to be a little bit slower than FA, however when you add in all those wall jumps and that "high boost" or whatever they called it, it looks like it was back up to FA speeds.

Cleric has saved us from the horror of the stream site.

I don't know if I agree, in FA you could close on something before you even blink. Here is takes a little while to reach even still enemies. Apparently, you can chain QB's (2:04), but for some reason he did not do it often (drain?). There is also no sign of SS.