Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

...I don't seem to be the only one who completely fell off the boat... huh. :

Well, is the lack of patch support the real turn off, or did others have problems like me and just find things a bit too broken to salvage?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are blaming the Core of Duty players now, it's kind of hard to ask for good sportsmanship in an online setting. Plus the game is fundamentally broken by it's very design. I've been jumping in a little bit more myself, can't help enjoying what this game provides that others still ignore. I tell you what if someone comes along and makes a game with the same premise as Armored Core and exceeds it in all areas you'll see me jumping on that like a fat guy on hot cakes.

Well, I might get by some of the game's flaws had the community not gotten fragmented by the 20-person limit per team. It's just irritating to be unable to play cooperatively with others (freelance... isn't quite it.) on the other Wing teams as a result.

As for mech games... I jumped over to MechWarrior Online. I'm a longtime mechwarrior fan too, so hopefully i'll get a mech customization fix out of that.

I just dropped off the face of the earth for awhile so forgive me. AS of now, playing ACV, and it's still fun as ever though I'm not in the ACU community teams. Might think about rejoining soon.

As for the rest of this, I had a question that hopefully some of the others who have paid attention to gameplay and trailers could answer-Do the heads in ACV actually break apart to expose the more 'animalistic' and original AC heads underneath the excess armor? Or was that simply a gimmick and reserved for trailers and Chief's bossness?

Yes, they do Knight. But ONLY when you activate certain Ultimate Weapons. I've documented it myself on multiple occasions. It's a little hard to see, but it happens in clear sight.

This is why I agree with Niji. They REALLY need a spectator mode so I can see that glorious head exploding action.

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess this is the last Jap DLC for ACV then? Looks pretty cool, wish people outside Japan could get this stuff.

http://www.armoredco...sion4_0726.html

I assume that the ac garage set are weapons/parts? I do hope that they have more manual target weapons, other than with mostly cannons that you can't move freely around with having legs unfortunately. Gives some hope not to give up on it, since it's a little something.

Edited by Lygophilia

• 1 month later...

So something called: ACV -the FACT- came out 9/14/12 http://www.fromsoftware.jp/goods/item/ac/acv/acv-fact.html

It's supposed to go into more detail of the ACV universe, weapons, characters, history, etc. And staff interviews.

Google translate:

FACT-setting-the Sourcebook official Armored Core Ⅴ

Cels of "Armored Core Ⅴ" appeared!

The history of the world to ruin, organizations and people who live there, and various weapons of AC

Reading comprehension part to reveal such structure, the detailed settings, a must-read fans.

In addition, the collection of event scene dialogue, Proceedings of the opening movie CG,

In addition to staff development interviews, paintings at the design point is also several hundred parts,

Led to the world of "Armored Core Ⅴ" the person who sees.

So the new ACV patch has been out; the Chief's AC: Hanged Man, has been deciede for the next Super Robot Chogokin ACV model. http://p-bandai.jp/t...tem-1000076627/

Also American ACV DLC which is just old Jap ACV DLC. Namely, re-skinned parts, new workshops, and old emblems form previous games.

Edited by The Fallen Raven