Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

galil is my most used gun with mp5k behind that

ive been killed by 74u the most tho, and hten famas

and i prefer the aug over the famas because i think the famas looks ugly and i like the aug recoil better

ive been destroying with the m60+grip tho. that gun is a monsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to play some CoD here this weekend online, and try and get some lulzy clips to upload.

I'm going to also try and get clips of why Scout Pro is dope.

If you play BOPs, especially if you can upload whole vids like Owen, you should try out Scout Pro and try something other than SoH.

I'm probably going to play some CoD here this weekend online, and try and get some lulzy clips to upload.

I'm going to also try and get clips of why Scout Pro is dope.

If you play BOPs, especially if you can upload whole vids like Owen, you should try out Scout Pro and try something other than SoH.

Finally got queerboy to get Scout Pro on his profile so I can play online. I can't really figure out what secondary weapon to use that feels 'awesome' enough to have a quick-switch, quick-kill.

My favourite aspect is fast claymores, stun-grenades and the like, n' killstreak clicks for uavs and so forth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0EbunZE7nQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTfTxINTxE

Some highlights from a game where I ended up getting 33 of our first 45 kills. Ended up losing though because after the 33rd my pace dropped off dramatically and team just couldn't step it up so we lost by 8 kills. 39/10 was the final result =/

Edited by Rachis

With Scout Pro just run a handgun, I like 1911 w/ extended mags generally; and replace the pistol with the first weapon you can find, and carry your primary as the secondary and just reload and pickup new guns as needed.

Here's two vids on Scout Pro usage, 1 &

Scout Pro (basics)

~

Primary + Pickup Artist

You'll probably need to get used to doing this, I was lucky that in CoD4 I was a weapon scavenger because I didn't like running Bandoleer, but the idea is you pick a solid primary (I like AK74u w/ dual mags, because I do, it reloads fast, it's a strong weapons, etc.. etc..), and when you run over a body, switch to your secondary (whatever it is) and pick it up.

Note: Scout Pro not only speeds up weapon switches, but it also speeds up the pickup animations; very useful.

When there's a break in the shoot'em'up bang-bang, reload both your weapons, I've learned to pay attention w/ dual mags; and since I carry Jammer I can fire off a shot and reset the reload so my fast reload is always the next one without much of a problem. If one of them is running low, well go get another one.

Scout Pro allows you to pick up a different weapon and use it in the middle of a gunfight, it is that fast. This is to me alot more useful in a bottleneck style cluster fuck when you have like a whole team running up on you, because there's usually bodies laying around, crouch by one, empty the first gun, pick up the next (squat next to RPK's if you can, they are great) and then switch and continue firing. Once you play around with it, these tactics will become very basically your substitute for Sleight of Hand.

~

Equipment/Killstreaks buffages

Scout Pro also makes the use of equipment and the calling in of killstreaks faster, the little UAV thingy pops in and out much faster, calling in a Napalm Strike is much faster, etc.. etc.. play w/ Scout Pro and you'll probably notice this very quickly. It's not a game changer, but it's really rather nice.

The Equipment side though is a much bigger deal to me, the Jammer all of a sudden becomes usable as a rusher's piece of equipment. It's great if you find a claymore and someone camping, drop the Jammer real quick, his claymore will be disabled, and he probably won't think anything since it hasn't gone off; kill him (which btw, the Jammer will probably hide you from being viewed on radar) and go and pick it back up and move on; or leave it as bait to ambush someone else.

It also disables sentry guns, motion sensors, C4, any enemy equipment for that matter; it also screws with RC-XD's (if you've ever seen the RC-XD spark and not drive correctly, that's a Jammer), and disables SAM Turrets as well. So yeah, it's pretty buffalicious.

Everything else is just faster, C4 becomes viable as basically 2 command detonated Semtex's, because you can detonate them while the clacker is out with the double-tap reload detonation. Motion Sensors are made alittle quicker, Tactical Insertions are not effected, Claymores are a bit faster (but it doesn't matter because they are fast anyhow). To me C4 and Jammer are the best Scout Pro equipments, and Jammer is my favored of the two; it gets a huge boost in usage speed from Scout Pro and has a lot of abilities to mess with the enemy.

You keep trying to sell Scout Pro to me...

Also Scout Pro loses it's luster if you lose your downtime. Considering I'm a highly offensive player I do get myself into situations where I have to deal with the enemy constantly. Scout Pro really only allows you to lay down the pressure for 4-5 dudes. Then you need some good downtime. Sleight of Hand allows you to maintain the pressure indefinitely. The benefits you get from Scout Pro are ridiculous, but ultimately Sleight of Hand gives you the more important buff. A fast reload will never fail you so I see no point in ditching it for quickswaps. I only use swaps situationally and/or to save ammo for my primary.

Edited by Rachis

I've told you a couple times that I already have and that it just doesn't replace SoH as easily as you seem to make it sound. Scout Pro hinges on drops and the situations you put yourself in. SoH does not. I pick up a secondary weapon so that I have a replacement for when my primary runs dry or to conserve the ammo in my primary. It works out more consistently than having to constantly pick up weapons.

Also I'm not much of an equipment user either. My playstyle revolves around winning my battles through superior positioning. I've only been able to dominate in the reflexes department the past couple months before my hiatus from the game and it seems to have improved again upon my return.

I don't need nor want a replacement to a perk (SoH) that allows me to consistently apply bullets in ALL situations.

[edit]: I also don't need a perk change to spice up my gameplay. My playstyle is entertaining on it's own. It doesn't matter what I use.

Edited by Rachis

Everyone uses the Famas. It alwaze outguns the person they are killing, unless of course they are going up against another Famas. Then it's just who is a better shot.

I finally decided to use the Famas since clearly this is the only gun people should ever use. After having 4 positive TDM games with 18+ kills in a row, I've decided that I'm not playing this game anymore.

Yeah famas isn't the end all be all. You still need to land shots on the other guys first. It is a rare occurrence for me to lose to a famas user after I started on them first. Call of Duty isn't seriously so black and white when it comes to the weapons you should use. You can make them all work. You just need to be fast and accurate.

Weapons like the Galil and AK47 and semi-autos are actually easier to use at range than the famas is. Only reason I use it is because it behaves very similarly to the M4 of CoD4. It just so happens that I get to use the best gun in the game now. Go me!

Negative. The 40 damage weapons are still more accurate at range. Sometimes it takes me 3-4 bursts at range to kill someone whereas I know I can take a Commando or AK47 and quickly just single fire my way to victory. Famas just isn't very efficient at range whatsoever. It's King of CQC and that's really about it. It's assault rifle status is the only reason it competes at range.

I don't use the Famas often but I never felt the AUG was any worse then the Commando or AK47 at longer ranges. In theory, yeah, lower RoF means easier control, but not in practice for me. I won't say I have more success though. Also, my accuracy for AUG and Famas are better than my Commando and AK47. However, I normally try to position myself to use the weapons at their effective ranges, ei. CQ.

I agree with Rachis. COD is balanced in so that every weapon has super fast kill-times, so if you get the better shot on them or faster shot on them, you'll win regardless (baring little lag)

There's no getting around that Famas is the best gun in the game, but it's certainly not something worth quitting the game over. Well I quit the game, but it was cause nobody played it. I basically ran Famas all the time though, and commando a couple other times, and it really didn't get boring. I just don't see how some cod players need to use goofy weapon setups to keep the game fun.