Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

Most MLG players tend to run their sensitivity in the 3 region (for black ops and no sniping anyways) but I do not know what most ran back in cod4 for sniping. It could be that your sensitivity was too high. Higher sensitivity's nice for drag shotting in sniping, but you don't want to keep overshoot them every time.

Analogue sticks are bad to begin with for that, because you have little control over momentum on an analogue stick.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most MLG players tend to run their sensitivity in the 3 region (for black ops and no sniping anyways) but I do not know what most ran back in cod4 for sniping. It could be that your sensitivity was too high. Higher sensitivity's nice for drag shotting in sniping, but you don't want to keep overshoot them every time.

The normal control layout in COD4 was tactical with 3 sensitivity (5 for sniping). Not that it really matters. Just use what is comfortable. Don't use a sensitivity just because some badass X uses sensitivity Y.

For example, FeaR Choppy (team slayer) ran with sensitivity 10 at the 2008 MLG Nationals and his team won. He also used the 50 Cal in the finals and semifinals (Crash and Strike S&D). Both which were out of the norm. So yeah, just use what is comfortable and you should be successful.

Edited by Wong

I'm not trying to say you'd have to use 3 or 5, but I'm saying it might be a good option because he thought his sensitivity was too high. I myself personally don't like anything above 3 either, while 2 feels considerably slower. What I think you shouldn't be doing is upping the sensitivity just to up it, and spend considerable amounts of time trying to get used to it. It might be that all this time he's been using too high a sensitivity, and lowering it gives him a considerably more natural experience.

The MLG example was just to demonstrate that you don't need a super high sensitivity to be good or competitive at the game.

You shouldn't flat out try quickscoping though. I'm not a quickscoper. I'm a quick sniper. I see my target, zoom in, take my shot. That's how things are supposed to be done.

That's what I meant. Still hasn't been working out, whereas I only got a few kills. then again, I was primarily in Stadium, which was a hassle all on its own. Needless to say, I switched to CZ runs with upgrade sights.

Also, I've been playing online at 8.

Everyone should sack the fuck up and not go lower than six sensitivity for any reason.

I just maxed out my sensitivity levels because I'm pretty awesome. You might as well do it and get used to it if it's weird; the higher your sensitivity is, the better you stay alive.

We're talking split seconds here between the time someone begins to fire at you from behind, and your ability to whip around, go prone (or not), and kill them first. Nobody is good enough to do that every time. Anything around six is fine for the times where you can pull it off.

We're talking split seconds here between the time someone begins to fire at you from behind, and your ability to whip around, go prone (or not), and kill them first. Nobody is good enough to do that every time. Anything around six is fine for the times where you can pull it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcINRxe-xng

I'm good enough to do it sometimes :P

Anyways yeah the comfort thing is all that really matters. However, you have to keep your playstyle into consideration.

If you play the range game you certainly don't need anything above 3. Players that maximize range tend to have more tactical awareness and are the least likely to be surprised by a cqc encounter so these players will usually be facing their trouble.

Cqc players should run slightly higher sensitivities so they can take full advantage of circle strafing as well as being prepared to be caught off guard. Cqc players naturally are in the thick of things and don't always have the luxury of keeping the fight in front so the extra time they get for being able to circle faster is well rewarded if the control is there.

Snipers have to run at least 6 period. Through my couple years of sniping experience so far I have found that 6 is the minimum you want to keep because it is what starts allowing you to pull drags from a little bit away from center. 5 is just too slow. 6 at least gives you a little bit of room to work with so you don't have to be dead center before you scope in. 7 is what I usually run because that is the highest sensitivity I can snipe with and still be able to work everything else. 7 gives me plenty of space to work with on drag shots as well so it greatly opens up what I'm able to do. If my shot is really on I sometimes will bump my sensitivity to 9 so I get myself just running the rifle because nothing else is required.

For the purposes of black ops though I really don't see a need to run anything greater than 5. On my really good days 5 is what is on all the time and I've never seen anyone run anything higher than that and be able to consistently beat me on my 5 days. 3 can get most of the work done, but being able to control 4 or 5 will give you a slight edge in the long run.

Sniping in this game is worthless so you really shouldn't ever be doing it, but plenty of us are stubborn as fuck. My second best tdm came with a sniper rifle so there's always hope.

Sniping in this game is worthless so you really shouldn't ever be doing it, but plenty of us are stubborn as fuck. My second best tdm came with a sniper rifle so there's always hope.

Best game I've had in a while was 63-14 in headquarters using a Famas (and a downed enemies AK-47 for several kills). Other than that, the most hilariously enjoyable match was in Launch where I got an 18 kill streak with the olympia. Only time I died was in the beginning before any kills. Cause I'm such a badass like that and can't be stopped, right?

As for sniping, I'm probably switching back to silenced WA.

But I mean tbh, if you can strive to be as accurate as possible on a higher sensitivity, you can strive to be as accurate as possible on a lower sensitivity, and lower sensitivity will always have the inherent advantage of being more accurate on the microadjustment scale while sacrificing turn time.

That may be Danger, but I guarantee I don't miss on 3 sensitivity when I'm having one of my 5 days. It's not something you can argue with comfort. Fact is everyone is more accurate on a lower sensitivity because your brain has less to compensate for. It's facts bro.