extension : E92RM3

back unit R : WB69RA

back unit L : NYMPHE

arm unit R : ROC2

arm unit L : YWH05R3

hanger R : WH69H

hanger L : WH69H

opt : AMINO, ES, EC, L+, CODON, MARISHI

note : experimental AC, unseen with generator combo.

tactic : don't lose.

Forced cooling is a garbage feature in LR, making your radiator choice infinitely better on the "improved" version. The overall AC seems better on this version, but I don't think that's saying much.

Change the YWH05R3 to SHADE, the ROC2 to HP, get rid of the right hanger, and work on the frame from there.

or maybe SHADE+R3.

That one's actually better than your upgraded version, the only thing I'd recommend is switching the Boosters to VULTURE2 (But I think that you'll want to keep the B2, won't you?) and the radiator to ANANDA (as I said before).

oh, so I'll make some test for my two bots and compared about these. (in underline, yes, and yes.)

Forced cooling is a garbage feature in LR, making your radiator choice infinitely better on the "improved" version.

okay, but I'll test my both versions anyway.

Kevin, one thing that you may not understand, is that Taurus, Lionheart and I have posted over 100 designs.

We're a bit bored with those high-end competitive bots, and like to go have some fun at times, creating bots that aren't useless, but that aren't the best as well. They're still fun to play though.

ROC2 can be a very good weapon, even the great Penguin Deus thought so.

And I think the same. Try it coupled with another handgun, you'll see what I mean.

Terminator, one thing you may not understand is that posting a lot of bots doesn't make you good at AC.

Also that SHADE/HP doesn't make this bot high end or competitive (and that nothing is going to so long as it runs KONGOH etc). What SHADE/HP does is make the AC better without abandoning the concept, which is why I suggested it.

Whatever, I'm not going to tell you how to hold your junk.

I do understand the desire to use a different weapon set, though. Shade is pretty tacky for most people. Tacking on HP just makes it more tacky. Easily one of the best spam combos there is.

This AC isn't designed to run very efficient spam, though. Irregardless of energy output. It's heavier than it should be and has a weaker booster equipped. Accel isn't all there is to juking. A high accel will net you a higher starting speed relative to your top speed. So if you're top speed is 600 and you have a huge accel you might start boosting at around 480-520. That gives you juking power. Sometimes, trading out a higher accel for a much higher booster speed will actually net you better juking power.

Anyway, the AC defends well vs shell weaponry. That means the majority of weaponry you'll see used against you you'll be able to defend against. People mostly use shell weapons, is my point. That's an advantage. Your ability to dodge is rather poor in this AC. So you'd be better off trying to use a quality spam weapon along with a higher power weapon that forces you to utilize cover. You're less likely to make yourself a target for G3's, Sawa's, GL's, Mini-Sawa's, and so on that way. Due to you to your inability to dodge as effectively as others, you may lose a fight with fellow open-air damage racers. Especially with that weapon array.

I'd suggest something more powerful in your right and wider lock in your left. Try the dual pulse rifle, a plasma rifle, or a higher power laser rifle in your right if you want to keep an energy weapon. Capitalize on opportunity instead of making a bot that needs to sustain fire for a good period of time within a short range to win.

Your frame just won't allow it.

Yah, one is definitely better than the other.

Nah, Shade/R3 is more comparable to ROC2/R3 than Shade/R3 is.

There's a slight difference though. Shade/R3's effective range can be slightly longer than ROC2/R3's. ROC2/R3 can pile up a bit more damage in slightly closer range, but is used more of a supreme spam combo that usually backs up a key back unit weapon like verts or RM3. Shade/R3 is more of a primary weapon combo.

Shade/HP is for a design that can't afford to not have a really good close range deterrent (bigger lockbox/faster damaging weapon on left hand) In this case, Shade is usually the primary weapon and doubles up as a spam weapon, while HP only sees use when opponent is close. Shade/R3 and ROC2/R3 you just hold both triggers down.

edit: ARMORED CORE ARMORED CORE ARMORED CORE ARMORED CORE ARMORED CORE, FUCK YA GOOGLE!

Edited by TMRaven

Hmm Lomax, I never said that making so many ACs means being good. But we can make good enought ACs when we want. They're not innovative of course, they're just cookie butter builds, but they're good. I hate doing those too much. I like "exploring" ACs. Hell, I prefer to enjoy trying different builds than using the same weapon sets all over. And I never said that "I'm good", but i am trustful of everyone's competence here, and can assume that most of us know how to build a good AC well enough. It's just taste that matters.

Other than that, all the gun comboes proposed here serve there purpose (as TM demonstrated), but the question is, as we know Taurus, what's his favorite combat style?

As far as I know, he likes middle range riflers a lot, so it'd be safe to assume that SHADE + WHOR3 would fit him, but seeing the original design here, I think he just wanted to stray a bit away, in which case, ROC2 + R3 does seem ok, although it's close range potential somewhat seems dimmed by the smaller lock-box, because it'd be bigger if it was SHADE+HP or ROC2+Handgun of choice.

Other than that, all the gun comboes proposed here serve there purpose (as TM demonstrated), but the question is, as we know Taurus, what's his favorite combat style?

dual R3, lefty R3+RA2, P3+R3+any EO core, dual SYLPHs+any EO core, OGRE2+lefty HP, and......dual PERYTONs. (in short, I like dual guns combat style)

Edited by Taurustrin

Who doe snot like dual wielding anyways... Thanks to the abscence of Blade Tracking, and most people using fast ACs in competitive play, blades have become near obsolete.

Anyways, choose whatever gun combo you find that fits best. It all depends on you after all, as this is YOUR bot.