Tekken x Street Fighter & Street Fighter x Tekken

Magnus

Two shitty fighting games going neck and neck in two variations. Possibly what Tekken needs to get less horrible, finally, but it's impossible to say for sure!

Reminiscent of the days of SNK vs Capcom, and Capcom vs SNK. Of course, there hasn't been games like this for a long time, so I'm pretty interested in Tekken x Street Fighter, since Street Fighter x Tekken is gonna play like crap.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2010/07/2...hter-announced/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I prefer Street Fighter to have many moves and much better graphics, so I would just choose the Namco version. I'm indifferent towards consistently redundant showcase games usually, but I will make this an exception, since I'm interested.

I always believed that since Street Fighter characters were changed to 3D models, it's for the best to have 3D gameplay.

Edited by Lygophilia

Two shitty fighting games going neck and neck in two variations. Possibly what Tekken needs to get less horrible, finally, but it's impossible to say for sure!

Reminiscent of the days of SNK vs Capcom, and Capcom vs SNK. Of course, there hasn't been games like this for a long time, so I'm pretty interested in Tekken x Street Fighter, since Street Fighter x Tekken is gonna play like crap.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2010/07/2...hter-announced/

Wow. Magnus likes Megaman X3, AND he thinks Street Fighter is shitty?

I wonder if he has good taste in anything?

No, I really have no problem with Street Fighter. I respect it on the basis that it's a classic and it's essentially the standard all 2D fighting games will be held to, for years to come. I said it was bad to troll you once when you were being really annoying with your fanboyism.

... *clenches fist*

Anyway I love the visual swoosh they are putting in on SF X T with the nice Water Color/Ink twist as well as being able to play a SF game with Alpha Series physics employed. Since I know how a Street Fighter game works and plays I can vouch for it not playing like shit. Same with Tekken, every game always has a particular learning curb of which you need to play the game enough to get the hang of. As for the Tekken rendition I'll give a fair shot because I grew up with the series back to the Original Tekken from the 90's ( T3 being my personal favorite next to TTag ). I'm interested in seeing how Street Fighter characters will function in that game since there have only been few limited attempts to bring Street Fighter to the 3D style of fighting games.

Knowing that both will have their problems and will have people not understanding the mechanics of the games in order to play them effectively I am looking forward to the new challenge of both sides playing in different fields.

3D Fighting Game characters in a 2D style of game play with their combo's and button commands still in tact.

Since with the Capcom VS SNK franchise both games were on an even playing field since they were both already 2D fighters to begin with.

Edited by Aliquem

I don't think Endless Frontier is really comparable to Street Fighter X Tekken. One's a JRPG and the other is a fighting game.

I was comparing Endless Frontier to Namco X Capcom. the same team behind NxC are the guys behind EF IIRC