Rad Bromance

Mom

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/schematic%20request%20thread/vlcsnap-2011-05-24-18h51m42s17.png

Frame and Tuning

Longhorn || U2 || XS || 88A

9.1.0.0.0 || 5.0.4.1.0 || 0.0.7.3.0 || 1.0.3.6

Internals and Tuning

Vulture2 || F73H || G91 || Ananda || NA

0.9.0.1 | NA | 0.10.0 | 0.0.10 || NA

Weapons

NA || Geryon3 || GLL || RS || HP || 69H || Wraith

Optional Parts

Amino || ES || L+ || Codon || Golgi || Histon

Key Numbers:

8835ap, 1735/1713 defense, 343kph starting, 393kph after GLL drop, 440kph after G3 drop.

Originally designed for liberal usage of the Geryon1, I've since then decided that Geryon1 doesn't feel right on quads because it's less accurate than on a tank, and doesn't have as much of a reward per hit as Geryon3. The AC starts with a decently high AP. Fire off some early GLL rounds to see if you can get cheap ap damage, then dump it, and play defensive with RS and Geryon3. RS/handguns is a nice damage racing combo to go cqc. In an ideal situation, you would run GLL/Geryon3 as a two-tier damage-and-drop setup. GLL getting damage first, then drop; G3 getting damage second, then drop, then finishing the match with RS/handguns. My only potential concerns with this iteration would be lack of ammo and being too slow to start out. However from past experience and current experience I know I have a more reliable cannon for quads in G3 than G1.

A72F will probably compromise 98L's, and GERYON's poking ability, which are the main parts of this build. There's no other forms of improvement that I can see for this build except for skill and confidence. It may be user-friendly, due to the simplicity of its setup, unlike my Quad over *there.*

There is no need for SS to begin with, unless you're trying to play the AIs with LGL and tank through all the LGL shots without being tossed around.

A72F+Eye3 and LCC's frames are alternatives, but I don't know if I'd ultimately choose them over my current frame. Hard to really notice the impact of defense until you've played with the design in real combat for a while.

Yeah the extra def on my frame works against the AC by being slower exactly as much as it helps it out by being more buff. It requires G91 too to make it faster and handle heat better with 99UL's lower heat res. I would say it ultimately depends on what type of AC you're fighting on which frame is better.

If it were Silent Line I'd most certainly go with the higher defensive frame-- even if it meant being 500 heavier and hand 220 less ap, but I've grown to mostly disregard defense in last raven for opportunities for ap/weight. If I were playing with more aggressively, and perhaps incorporated a more aggressive weapon set, I might vie for the higher defense.

Through my defense tier testing, a design that took 80? shots from R2 only kept 20 more ap when gaining a defensive shell tier (which was either 27 or 23 points) and there's about 4 average per 100. LCC's frame has 250 more defense for both energy and shell, so that's roughly around 200-400ap saved through a normal battle. On energy defense the gain is a bit more noticeable in the numbers though (60 ap tier from 30? shade shots) so I can see energy defense doing it maybe 300-600 more ap for a normal battle.

It's all just numbers though, hard to really tell unless I played with it for a while and ultimately came up with something I really liked.

Edited by TMRaven

• 4 months later...

Well I finally had the chance to test it out in a pvp environment vs Niji, so I could get a feel for how it handled the heat under pressure situations and how fast the legs actually broke in combat (since 88A can be random at times for its breaking times)

Granted it wasn't the best of tests for pressure, but so far I really like the feel of the design. It tanked some isolated GLs and missiles pretty great and didn't heat up at much, and seemingly shrugged off the damage with its high ap and shell defense considering its speed. The weapons are just too fun to use, you have so much ammo reserves that you're allowed to spam off the Gayron and minik at times just if you feel like it, and the added energy prowess of G84P allows for some ultra spam action with both at times if you get a nice flank and keep a lock-- it's definitely a touch I couldn't do much with other energy designs like my tank.

I can also confirm my opinion of geryon being a way better cannon choice on tanks than quads, as I seemed to hit with it more using my tank because I could shoot it in the air and have a larger window of opportunity to get a good shot on enemy, but the spammability of the geryon on this bot is so awesome.

About the only trouble I had was inaccuracy, but that certainly isn't the AC's fault.

Edited by TMRaven

You had way better range pressure than I did with MiniK and G1, haha. Maybe if I used my tank against it next time we can get more of a pressure game going. I think the G1's spammability is what caught me off guard the most, though. I wasn't ready for that many accurate shots nailing me. It messed me up pretty good.

Oh, I thought you meant range pressure. Hahaha. My CQC pressure is trash though. I can barely track a rock through my own movement. We'll have to play more so I can get more practice in by tracking someone who knows how to move around intelligently. I've lost basically every motorskill I ever had at old AC and most of my play has been damaged by playing crazies like Tsu, DMX, and Metalkon.

I gotta make more bots, too.

But yah, the quad had a ton of AP/Defense and was very fast. It threw my GL shots all over the place. Missiles did ok vs it, though. I don't think I used my tank on it at all, so idk how it'd do vs LGL/HP spam at midrange but it seems more than fast enough to work long range and G1/MiniK are pretty good at long range. Up close I think it's ok for a while with MiniK/HP. I know I shat a brick when I started getting it spammed at me up close and OB'd away cuz I thought I was gonna eat more damage than I was putting out on my Quad. Captain hindsight kicked in after we quit Kai for the night when I realized the Mini-K + HP probably wouldn't have killed me up close and I had a pretty good advantage if I had kept pressure. Definitely woulda been smarter than tanking 20 billion Mini-K and HP shots and then exiting back into G1 range while doing no damage myself. Oh well.

Kaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

EDIT: PD, you should totally Kai with us. We're terribad and stuff, so you should be fine.

=3

• 1 month later...

Alright I just updated the build to incorporate Geryon3/GLL backs, as I tried and tried, but never did like the feel of Geryon1 for a quad. Not only did it not hit as much as it does on a tank, but it was also rather straightforward and boring. I'm hoping G3/GLL will spice it up a bit, as well as provide a more volatile cannon setup. (Probably still won't be as spicy as my main quad)

I guess this updated version will be fighting Griffon's staple quad in next round of fantasy duels.

You can do whatever, I had the idea of GLL/G3 ever since rad bromance's fight with that bp quad of griffon's, and I was wanting something of a hybrid between Arsenal Tengu's main quad, and Penguin Deus's quad that was based off it. Since I recommended it to you when I already had it on my revised Rad Bromance, it means I surely want you to try it out as well!