: 5968

Cooling
: 15365

Def Shell/Energy
: 1551
/

--------------------------------------------------

Description:

I forget exactly when I made this bot, but I do know that it was at a fairly late point, well after I had stopped playing AC competitively in any capacity. I remember thinking that the hand missiles would be neat to try out, and I remember seeing one of Owen's runnerbots and thinking, "I wonder what I would make if I tried a similar concept out?" I ended up producing two seperate robots from the idea, and this was one of them.

I don't really plan to change anything, but I think it'd be fun to see what other people would do differently.

Tactics:

In the beginning of the match the general idea will be to toss out spartois and hand missiles and keep the other guy moving around. Remember that the hand missiles have lots of ammo and can do funny tricks around cover. You don't need a lock to hit anyone with them, they just need to get close enough to find your opponent. If you see any nice openings, go ahead and let the relations fly as well. Don't sweat it too hard though...no need to hang on to them. Try to stay far from the opponent, and in a few instances even consider flying high over there heads and letting loose with a few missiles. In this case here, I wouldn't recommend high sky launches of the rm.

You'll want the missiles to run out at around the same time, but there's a fair chance the spartoi will run out before the hand missiles. In that event, try not to feel hurried and go ahead and do some mid-range pokes with the sniper rifle while emptying the last of the hand missiles. Or, conversely, you can try to do rs set-ups with the missiles, or vice versa. It's your call depending on the opponent's speed and what you're in the mood for.

Once the missiles are all gone, the match should turn into a fairly typical LR fare: mid-range rs pokes coupled with rs/wraith drivebys. The rs will probably want to be emptied before the wraiths, on account of while you have decent AP along with good agility and footspeed, your armor isn't all that thick. If your r arm wraith comes out, you'll want to just utilize the high speeds you'll be able to achieve and go for the gold. Max their colons out with dual wraith action, or die trying.

The big thing is to stay loose and keep focused. Try to avoid being cornered and overtaxing your generator or radiator. Distance control and getting good angles should not be an issue with this bot's mobility. AP advantage is your friend, so don't be afraid to use it as a means of control, as well.

Known Issues:

The guns don't really lend themselves to mindless spamming. You'll probably have to focus most of the match. Getting tired or panicking will probably result in your swift loss.

Another issue is that this bot doesn't hard-counter any particular style of play. If the guy wants to play in-close, then be aware that you may have to tangle at melee ranges. Conversely, if they plan to play keep away, they shouldn't have too difficult a time getting into their comfort zone, at least for short periods of time. You won't necessarily be at a disadvantage in either case, but neither will they.

A well-armored runner would probably be this bot's biggest issue. I suspect the hand missiles would need to be either spammed or tossed before you could engage in a proper battle.

PvP Information:

I haven't used this bot against anyone lately, so I have no information to add here.

Current Vs. Record: [0]W - [0]L - [0]D

Win Rate: 100%

Max their colons out with dual wraith action, or die trying.

I like this.

I also like the angle you took your screenshot at for your AC. It really shows the Spartoi off well. I found all the weapons to be very well represented.

Also, is there a good reason you're not using AG arms? I think they'd look great on this AC and be an awesome boost in your ability! Srsly, though. I really like the AC. I think I would probably use Funi instead of RM, though.

Yeah, I'm not a funi fan tbh. I've never been. I could see the logic in using it here, though. I wonder if it'd fit, though? I turned LR off already so I couldn't check. My roomie is on that mw2 shit. Edited by Colon Mokto

Probably not. If it wouldn't fit I'd just stick with RM. The only reason I'd use Funi is because I have more experience firing that from good vertical angles than I do firing RM from them. I generally stay pretty horizontal with my opponents with RM. Mostly my fault for never learning how to use them at different angles.

Tbh, I've never liked Funi either, hahahaha.

kinda heavy on the en defense side there. probably for the n00bs that run Shade alot.

Bingo. A lot of the more accurate weapons are energy, so in this bot's case you'll want to lessen the damage taken per hit against e weapons.

iirc there's also an issue with not having other areas to tune for to great effect. I'm not sure if that makes sense the way I stated it, but hopefully you get what I mean.

I went ahead and figured out your Stationary Drain for you. It's 4063. Also, here's a picture of your AC. >Smoker

Btw, I think you should change R+ optional out for Ribose. You already have 700 range, but RA doesn't come with missile detector. I don't know if you like having missiles on your radar though. I generally follow a rule of thumb of adding R+ to head radar based AC's and Ribose to RA based AC's. I never used to follow that rule for a long time cuz I never really thought about it. Haha.

Anyway, stick to R+ if you don't like missiles all over your radar.

EDIT: I've decided to create something called the AC Gallery. I'm still working out the kinks of how I want to run it, but I felt like showing off the basic concept behind it. A YouTube video showcase with AC's designed by ACU members. Feel free to put the video URL in your main post as a link if you like. Anyway, here's a test vid of your AC spinning around like a top in a Chinese parade at midnight.

>AC Gallery: Smoker

I'll work on making the video look as good as possible. What I need from you, PD, is color input. Are those colors on your AC showing up as close enough to your original colors to be good or are they too dark, too light, to bland, or too strong, etc?

someone at long last puts the radar on the back right where it looks better, good for you PD. ;)

haha, yeah man I know what you mean. I used to get so annoyed at people putting the radar on the left side that when they weren't looking I'd jump on their game and move the radar. I try not to do it too often though since for some players the weapon placement is pretty important, though.

@niji it looked a little dark at times but it seemed okay in general, color-wise.

I went ahead and figured out your Stationary Drain for you. It's 4063. Also, here's a picture of your AC. >Smoker<

EDIT: I've decided to create something called the AC Gallery. I'm still working out the kinks of how I want to run it, but I felt like showing off the basic concept behind it. A YouTube video showcase with AC's designed by ACU members. Feel free to put the video URL in your main post as a link if you like. Anyway, here's a test vid of your AC spinning around like a top in a Chinese parade at midnight.

>AC Gallery: Smoker<

I'll work on making the video look as good as possible. What I need from you, PD, is color input. Are those colors on your AC showing up as close enough to your original colors to be good or are they too dark, too light, to bland, or too strong, etc?

Needs more gamma alteration.

Well it can sometimes be beneficial to have a back weapon on the left when playing cover. It lets you safely fire from the left side of cover without getting hit and lets your fire your Rarm weapon from the right side. In spartoi's case you can just fire from the middle of a pillar and most likely be wasting your ammo.

Plus radar on the right screams badass.