One Piece

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His getting lost ability has improved. I enjoyed Hancock wearing a fake mustache.

Doesn't that bounty sound a little low to you? The last increase was after Enies Lobby, and a ton has happened since then. Maybe it would have been higher if not for the 2 year break? I'm not really sure about the mechanics of bounties, but 100 mil extra sounded a little low. I was expecting double or so. Whatever, that's a trifle. The Straw Hats are all in the same city, now!!

It's good to have you guys back, Straw Hats! It's been like over a year!

Hancock's fake nose/mustache thing was great. Very dapper.

I'm not sure it seems low to me. The highest I know of before was Doflamingo's, and I have no idea what he did, but trumping it by 60 mill seems pretty significant. I wouldn't have expected it to go any higher than 500m, but 400m is the minimum I could see. So it seems low, but it doesn't. Make sense?

They're in the same city, and they've all checked in except Luffy. It's getting real.

He went from 100M to 300M just from Enies Lobby incident. You could say they tripled his bounty, or they increased it by 200M. Either way, that's twice the increase he got for:

1. Breaking into, and out, of the unbreakable Impel Down.
2. Breaking out 3 of the most important criminals in that prison (Ivankov, Croc, Jimbei) along with several others.
3. Crashing the Whitebeard War.
4. Being revealed as the son of Monkey D. Dragon, the most dangerous criminal in the world.

We can't count Thriller Bark since that got covered up, as well. I mean, bounty is supposed to reflect threat level, right? I'd say all of that is at least equal to Enies Lobby. Thats how come I think 500M-600M makes more sense.

I think it might be that he's got the number wrong cuz he's stupid, or he made it up. We need a poster!

I'm not sure amount matters as much for him anymore. Yeah, it reflects threat level, but I think you need to consider where his position on the list is now too. 400m is the highest we've seen by 60m, but I'd have to think there are higher out there (e.g. Dragon himself).

Declaring war on the gov't at Enies Lobby still seems more significant than anything else he's done. That he was Dragon's son was known by a few marines beforehand and honestly might have played into it already. I'd have to think they tried to keep Impel Down hush hush, and he shared a lot of the credit for that (I wouldn't be surprised if they pinned everything that leaked on Buggy, haha). The execution of Ace ultimately succeeded and plenty others were involved so crashing WW might be downplayed. He did a couple things after to get the crew's attention - dunno exactly what, but we know it got publicized, so that plays into it. Then he disappeared for two years.

If I was guessing before the chapter came out, I'd have probably said 500m, but 400m seems believable. You could be right though, Pseudo Luffy is pretty dumb.

I want to see Buggy's bounty. It's probably in the 250-300m range now. D00d's a champ.

Hmm, yeah, you bring up some good points. That all makes sense to me. I am convinced.

They can't keep Impel Down hush-hush, though. It's like literally impossible since such a gigantic horde of people escaped. Not just with Luffy, but with Blackbeard, and just in general. Remember that report they got about a ton of level 6 people getting out? They escaped during the free-for-all BB started. I think that was like a foreshadowing of some of the wild new villains that'll be stalking the New World along with everyone already present. Should be that much more exciting!

Buggy's gotta be the 1 billion berry man by now. Or at least, he should be. Future Pirate King. Or Fleet Admiral...or both?

Oh, hey, I just saw an interesting question on the narutofan forums. Who do you think will end up being the Whitebeard to Luffy's Roger? Maybe Law huh?
Edited by Colon Mokto

Yeah, you're right about Impel Down. I guess at best they could lie a bit so it wasn't as embarrassing. It'll be interesting to find out how the world thinks it happened.

Luffy and Law's relationship is starting to look a bit like Roger and Whitebeard's. Good respect and all that. Seems like a good guess to me.
Edited by Antonym

Man, I'm really excited. Straw Hats look so buff now. I wanna see all the new shit they can do. The only thing they've shown is Usoop and Nami's little demo. I'm glad of Franky's changes. Now he doesn't look like Popeye to me anymore. Sanji must be insane now. I hope he has that wink shit. Messing people up without even lifting a finger.

As for Luffy's Whitebeard, I think it most def has to be Law. He's the one that seems to fit the bill the most, unless they introduce someone new. I doubt that though, since I feel that Oda would just use someone that he has introduced already. On the plus side, they seem to have a sort of respect for each other. Well, at least from Law's side.

I wanna see the supernovas battle each other out. I wanna see more of that bear fucking people up with judo or something.

Not for nothing, but I wanna see what Chopper can do now too. I'd be a little bit disappointed if all he learned was heal people. I think it goes without saying that he learned how to make more pills. I wanna see the diferent effects now.

All in all though, it seems like good times are ahead.

Fucckkk I want to see Sanji in action. He was pretty whatever about Zoro's awesome display of power, so I bet he's capable of some out of this world shit too.

Chopper I bet is so much buffer now. I wonder if he picked up any tech from those people he stayed with? Probably not, but that could be neat. I wonder if he's found a way to control Monster Point, though? If you remember right, Monster Point was the only thing that gave Sentoumaru any problems during the Sabaody incident. I'll bet in MP he's as strong as any straw hat. If he could harness that, oooooh boy.

Fuck dood you're so right! We need to see the Supernovas now! I hope we get a fight involving one of them almost immediately. I don't really care who the opponent is, I just want to see how they're doing in the New World.

Totally unrelated, but I miss 2 Bon Clay. I really hope he survived and that we see him again. He's one of my favorite characters!

oh man, if he had control over monster point it'll be insane. I feel like that's his last resort move. If he's able to control it now, then I guess its game. It was sort of nice that he had something so powerful that it required a cost. Then again, maybe control over it is what he needs to hang with its crew.

I'm thinking we'll get a glimpse of what he can do when he either confronts the ppl that kidnapped "robin" or fonds out that the "straw hats" are all fake. Man tho, chopper talking to the fakes kinda had me laughing ha ha.

I say that having sanji trapped with the okama ppl was a great move overall. I feel like sanji could've not reached new heights any other way. Anywhere else, he'll just spend his time scoping honeys and not training. Being with all the dudes kinda took that "distraction" away. I know I wouldn't be able to focus if I had girls around me like boa, robin or nami. I think that plays into why he was so unimpressed with zoro. Ya though man. Supernova skirmish all the way! I highly doubt ppl like law would spend 2 years slacking.

That's an interesting point about Chopper's debut. I think that could be dope to see him wreck some government spies to save the fake Robin.

Monster Point had a few drawbacks originally, right? It's not just that he loses his mind, but he also starts burning up nutrients at a higher rate iirc, like way higher (kinda like second gear). What I was thinking was he at least removed the losing his mind part of it. That way it's a more useful last resort than it was originally. He'd practically have his own version of gear second and third. I might be remembering it wrong, though.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah seriously haha. Now that I think about it though, I doubt she'd join. It seems that this whole chapter was about showing the straw hats' mentors/people who helped em out during the 2 years trying to help em out in escaping. It would be kinda badass to see more of what she could do. oh snap tho. JIMBEI coming up. Can't wait.