One Piece

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admiral Kizaru: Former Toronto Raptor.

Keanu, I have a question for you, since it came up while talking to Owen. Who do you think the strongest person Eneru could beat would be (pre-timeskip)?

I'm not so sure he could beat Moria, I was thinking possibly Lucci (assuming Lucci has no haki)?

Man, I kinda missed this post. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, I'm sure you've noticed by now that I think Moria is a hack, but I'm thinking Enel comes up just short against him. Lucci is a maybe, though any other CP9 member gets beat clean.

I'm thinking the Supernovas are hit and miss, though not much has been revealed about some of them, and I'm not sure how some abilities match up. This is the only group I can think of that has people that cover the middle ground between Kaku and Moria (and some that maybe go beyond him), so I'd probably pick one of them if I knew more.

Edited by Ataraxis

Alabasta is still my fav arc for one piece. Sir Croc just brings the best out of that show. Saobody Arch. would have to come on second, because it shows all sorts of shit with big shots happening in a short amount of time, like Kizaru trollin the Supernovas and Kuma trollin on the Strawhats at the end.

idk I just know Oda is a genius writer. He's able to make pretty much any kind of character one could think of be a bad ass in some way or another.

For fuck's sake he's got tranvestites that are more hardcore than most heroes in every other shonen manga. Shit any manga really.

• 1 month later...
Question: What is Donflamingo's power, actually? Did I miss something? I'm thinking String-String fruit (puppet strings for controlling others while being a possible weapon to cut off Oars' foot or Crocs head.) but I don't see anything to confirm/deny. Also, on my way back from the dead I noticed not as much changed round' here than I thought would.

Yeah, you're right. They haven't confirmed shit yet. We don't really even know how his power works. We only know that a) he can control people like puppets, and :o he can slice limbs off of people. We don't know the how or why, yet, or even if its a devil fruit or not (although it probably is).

• 1 month later...

I personally want to see a return to the present. I'm dying to see what's gonna happen now. When I saw Jinbei meeting up with luffy I thought, "Oh shit" but then flashback scene.

I'm starting to think that the princess is a crybaby only cause she was prematurely grown haha. I love how luffy is just dissing her to her face too.

so April 22, huh? you all stopped reading? :o

sound good man.

Yeah man. I wanna see sanji fights and more of Ussop owning ppl. I'm kinda sad about how Ussop is so good now. For me, it spells out "no more sogeking". I was a fan of the mask and the poses.

Yeah but Sogeking disappeared a long time ago. He only around for one arc. A glorious one arc, though. Besides, he's had a different kind of swagger now that's got the same energy as Sogeking's which I'm feeling and hope continues.

Actually text me when you're free sometime and I'll call. I have no idea how your schedule is you always seem busy tho.

• 1 month later...

Question: I'm just getting into One Piece. From the hype, it seems this series is incredible. Read and watched a little into it, and I agree. However, I wanna know how I should go about this.

Watching the anime is always nice. Seeing shit in color and in motion is a pleasure. Reading it is awesome too. I'd honestly rather watch it, especially since I've got a whole 600+ worth of reading/watching material to go through. I find that it's less time consuming to watch than to read, at least with me, as I tend to voice out everything I see in my mind and imagine it. Problem with watching it, though, is the damn fillers. I may be able to tell at times what is canon and what is filler, but not all the time. So, I wanna ask you guys.

Should I read through it, or should I watch through it? I'm right at the point where you see that guy who wears green, wears shades, and has a long, tengu-like nose. I won't spoil myself the series, and I'd rather y'all not either, as such, I do not know this character's name yet.

There isn't too much filler in the anime, luckily. Although they do sometimes change certain things around from the manga. Usually it's fairly harmless changes, but in a few cases it does actually get really bad.

It's up to you really. I mean, the manga is the thing that gets all the hype (and deservedly so!) so I would recommend reading it, but if you can't or don't want to, then watching it isn't too bad. In this thread we're talking about the manga, though, not the anime, so if what we're saying sounds different from what you're seeing, that's why.

I will say one thing, though, about the choice. The manga is far more consistent the anime, mainly because it's straight from the author's mouth/hands all the way back to the first chapter.

Watching the anime has treated me real good. Now my only complaint is that I have to wait a week for one episode. I was really into it when I could watch a good 2-4 episodes a day. My only other complaint about the anime (okay first real complaint) is that it isn't as consistent as the manga-- the art anyways. The first couple hundred episodes, the art is real good. The contour lines are very confident and vary with great dynamism, and there's plenty of crosshatching and detail to be had. The most recent episodes remind me of naruto in that they consist of very weak lines, with not much detail at all. The action scenes that depict fast speed also play the same trick as recent narurto-- the forms of the figures become distorted and warped. It's really lazy animation on the studios' behalves.

I'd definitely watch the anime though.

That had been my complaint too (the 2-4 per day vs 1 per week), so then I started reading the manga. Then I ran out on the manga and had to wait a week anyway. And then I couldn't go back to the anime because I had spoiled it for myself. Though I may go back to see a few more promising fight scenes in the anime, since I always prefer the fights in motion. The line trick involving high-speeds never really bothered me the way it bothers you, so I don't really have a comment on that.

• 3 weeks later...