• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BROCK LESNAR LOST AND QUIT

UFC 141 Recap.

First off..

Brock "The Cock" Lesnar vs. Alistair "Ubereem" Overeem

Started off weird, Lesnar went to striking, nicked and cut Overeem's brow with a jab, then went for a take-down.

Which got stuffed, bad.

Then Lesnar ate a knee, and it was back-peddling time.

After getting chased around and stuffed alittle more, eating a few more knees.

The liver kick, and he folded, Overeem went to punching, ref called it.

TKO @ 2:26 of Round 1

Then...

Brock Lesnar announced this was his last MMA fight, he's done, he quit.

Baddest man on the planet, a quitter.

~

Now on to the rest of a very good card.

Nick Diaz won via decision against Donald Cerrone who apparently forgot head movement and kicking.

Jon Fitch got KO'd in 12 seconds by Big Rig Johnny Hendricks.

Alexander Gustafsson caught and KO's Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko @ 2:35 of Round 1.

Jimy Hettes raped and sodomized Nam Phan for three rounds via Judo and BJJ for the decision.

Gifs to come sooner or later.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UIefBYmwmZM/Tv6fqJ5mNLI/AAAAAAAAG64/9ffZgNg85t4/s1600/2.gif

Ubereem snuffing the TD, the only one Brock tried.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tBxgXdzaLVY/Tv6fxRRnagI/AAAAAAAAG7I/u71jLvL1Hpk/s1600/4.gif

Brock getting a taste of the knees.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XXNh-eQpsiY/Tv6fuiV-8-I/AAAAAAAAG7A/jUeKIpL3J3U/s1600/3.gif

Uberknee is too much for "The Beast" as Goldberg was calling Brock over and over again.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-foAhkb2hbJA/Tv6fneKTwaI/AAAAAAAAG6w/483ttzmiR-I/s1600/1.gif

Somewhere, Michael Schiavello suddenly spit out THE BIG KABOSH!

He's going to renig on it.

I bet Dana White is mad because his one of, if not his biggest ticket sellers just quit.

Brock Lesnar also had the biggest joke of a record of all time.

-Min-Soo Kim (a Japanese no-name "can")

-Joins the UFC

-Gets subbed by a shitty Frank Mir

-Beats Heath Herring who's definitely not a contender anymore

-Gets a title shot and gets lucky against Randy Couture, who was 45 at the time of the fight, and a small HW

-Beats Frank Mir by brute strength

-Beats Carwin, due to Carwin having an attack of lactic acidosis and gassing

-Loses in spectacular fashion to Cain Velasquez

-Gets creamed by Overeem

People want to call Brock a great fighter, I think they are stupid. He's an athlete and a wrestler, he's not a fighter.

It's also funny how all this diverticulitis was taken care of, and there's no surgical scarring to be seen. This of course is met by drones of people talking about laproscoptic procedures which don't exist, and methodology that isn't used; diverticulitis is treated by cutting over the belly button. There was also the immense time off from when he left the WWF/WWE, which matches with the kind of time you need to let the steroid pro-wrestlers use to meet their pretty ridiculous schedules, get out of your body.

I never liked Brock as an MMA fighter, because I never considered him one.

He's going to renig on it.

I bet Dana White is mad because his one of, if not his biggest ticket sellers just quit.

Brock Lesnar also had the biggest joke of a record of all time.

-Min-Soo Kim (a Japanese no-name "can")

-Joins the UFC

-Gets subbed by a shitty Frank Mir

-Beats Heath Herring who's definitely not a contender anymore

-Gets a title shot and gets lucky against Randy Couture, who was 45 at the time of the fight, and a small HW. (If he was bigger Brock woulda lost)

-Beats Frank Mir by brute strength

-Beats Carwin, due to Carwin having an attack of lactic acidosis and gassing

-Loses in spectacular fashion to Cain Velasquez because he can't beat mexicans. (See Eddie Guerrero)

-Gets Overcreem'd

People want to call Brock a great fighter, I think they are stupid. He's an athlete and a wrestler, he's not a fighter.

It's also funny how all this diverticulitis was taken care of, and there's no surgical scarring to be seen. This of course is met by drones of people talking about laproscoptic procedures which don't exist, and methodology that isn't used; diverticulitis is treated by cutting over the belly button. There was also the immense time off from when he left the WWF/WWE, which matches with the kind of time you need to let the steroid pro-wrestlers use to meet their pretty ridiculous schedules, get out of your body.

I never liked Brock as an MMA fighter, because I never considered him one.

Had to make some corrections.

I don't think it'll hurt Dana. The guy's resourceful. And he runs his business well.

Edited by Densuo

Dana won't be hurting business wise, but he's losing a cash cow for sure.

I'm so glad it happened though, what a fucking turd.

I don't think he was ao special. I figured as much the instant I saw him fight Randypants. Dude got sooooooooooooo lucky.

Especially since Randy was out wrestling him.

thats the craziest part. the fact that Randypants was out wrasslin' him.

I mean. I know Kurt Angle out wrassled his ass in the back stage (expected. He IS olympic level) But Randy was OLD and FAR past his prime. It can only be attributed to either a) Lesnar being over rated or :( Randy is MMA's Bernard Hopkins.

That btw, is why Jon Jones can beat anyone @ 205lbs.

His striking is good enough to go with anyone, and it's always improving.

Plus he's effectively combined greco-roman and judo, and has brutal elbow-based gnp.

Wrestlefucking people is the key to winning MMA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem @ UFC 146, May 26th, 2012.

Overeem's twitter also states that the date is "official", which I assume means he's beaten the assault wrap.

This is to me, the biggest fight on the way right now, even bigger than Anderson vs. Sonnen 2, or Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans.

~

There is some other interesting news, Alistair Overeem has moved to Blackzilians, aka Imperial Athletics. They have also picked up Daniel Ghita, and rumor has it, that JDS and his Brazilian camp was looking to get Ghita to help train JDS for the Overeem fight.

For those of you who don't know, Ghita is a master of blocking punches, staying on the outside, and breaking legs. Which is one of the two strategies that basically put this fight in Overeem's favor. Overeem is an elite level kickboxer, with absolutely ridiculous power; JDS is a skilled striker, but he's primarily a boxer, he hasn't thrown hardly any kicks in the UFC. Also, Blackzilians has Tyrone Spong, another amazing kickboxer who Overeem beat at the K-1 GP in 2010, who's an incredible boxer and is much faster/more skilled than JDS, in many people's opinions; although I don't think their skills correlate all that well.

Overeem's strategy for the JDS fight should be pretty clear cut, and quite hard to get around considering the fighters.

Overeem on the outside, should be defending strikes, making sure to watch out for Junior's step in uppercut. From here he should look to chop JDS's legs to bits, which considering Junior's stance and Overeem's power, there's very little room to think the Brazilian can take a dutch thigh massage.

Overeem on the inside, should be pulling right into the clinch. Junior doesn't have the power or the wrestling/grappling to threaten Overeem with takedowns and submissions. Overeem is notorious, and for a damn good reason, for his knees. Junior has pretty good knees himself, but there's very few people who think JDS can take the fight in the clinch, or even eat more than one or two Uberknees.

~

Now, don't completely discount Junior Dos Santos, he's a very skilled, fast, and explosive guy. He did knockout Cain Velasquez, but that doesn't really dispell or create any hype for me. Heavyweight fighters can knock just about anyone out, especially ones with good striking skill sets, and Dos Santos definitely has one of those.

Junior will have to be extremely careful not to eat too many leg kicks, or get caught in the clinch. He may even have to be careful not to get taken down and submitted, as Overeem has a severely under-rated grappling game, most of Overeem's MMA wins are by submission (particularly guillotine).

Overeem isn't invincible, he's human like any other fighter; and has been knocked out before. Although he's shown a good bit more resilience to getting hit then he did as a younger fighter, I feel it's safe to say Dos Santos can KO him if he lands clean blow(s).

The question will be can he do so without getting ripped apart by leg kicks or knees.

~

Let us not forget that Overeem is no slouch in boxing either, he too can KO people with punches, and basically beat Tyrone Spong by out boxing him with a couple of one-hand clinched knees, but those didn't do much damage.

So anywho, if I had to pick this fight, I'd go 80/20 in favor of Overeem.

The Reem has the tools to bead JDS, hands down, and is a smart fighter, so he's not going to be duped into making mistakes.

JDS is an amazing fighter, but he doesn't "stylistically" match up that well against Ubereem.

~

On a side note, Overeem's move to Blackzilians will probably improve his game even more, Blackzilians is becoming a premier training camp. Between the skills Blackzilians puts forth, Overeems team, Daniel Ghita and Tyrone Spong doubling up on Overeems kickboxing, it looks very good for my favorite dutchman.

Ubereem is a stylistic nightmare for like all of current MMA haha. Anyone who is has won gigantic and athletic with top tier stand up, a superior takedown defense, and a some superb submission skills (even if it's only in a few holds) pretty much kills the current UFC metagame. He's all that and arguably more.

I do think doods like JDS are the future metagame, which is to say finesse guys who gameplan really well, but emphasize developing power in the strikes, with just submission/takedown skills that directly play into allowing them to keep running their gameplan. I mean JDS is that way, Silva is that way, GSP is practically that way, Machida was that way, Rampage was heading in that direction and arguably got there for a bit,etc. This kind of style also lets you have a bit of a disadvantage in the genetics department as long as your opponent, too, since you can try to fill in that gap with skill and technique.

Sorta like Pride era Fedor but with more focus on certain fighter specific traits and less, "I can beat you in any fashion I want and so I'm going to do that," and then pumping out a record where its like evenly distributed wins by KOs, Submissions, and decisions. I'd argue Ubereem is prolly closer to this style of fighter than what JDS represents.

Unfortunately for JDS there isn't really a skill gap between the two guys, and there is a very obvious gap in uberness.