Battlefield 3

Mom

The guys at DICE sure have been busy, love the tweaks and they pretty much did what they said they should do with the MAV's. I'm also loving the tweak on bolt action rifles having a chance of killing at close range when hit in the upper chest, that was bothering me before. I'm curious about the reduced pellet count on some of the shotguns.

Nomra, good news, the AS VAL will be receiving an extended mag attachment in a future patch as far as I'm aware.

Great news, I could use that to prolong and further emphasize my impact in CQC. Although the AS VAL tweaks on accuracy on the move have me a little worried, that's a lot of what I do with the gun. It did state that 9x39 ammo will have increased damage at longer range as well as reduced first shot recoil, I guess they are trying to push this gun a little closer towards VSS Vintorez territory. I guess I'll have to feel this one out.

The tweaks announced for the AN-94 have me a little excited

"AN94: Reduced vertical recoil. The AN94's 2 round burst mode is incredibly accurate, but it suffers from a low rate of fire on fully automatic. The recoil in full auto has been reduced somewhat to offset this penalty and make the AN94 more attractive."

This will have me checking this gun over once more since I was fairly fond of the gun in the first place.

Also glad they did something about the devastating splash effects from FRAG rounds.

I'm excited for the map updates for Team Deathmatch, that Kharg Island needed some serios fixing, that place is a madhouse.

And while i'm at it

Edited by Nomrah

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling pretty confident to go destroying the world again. Still remember my man VicG, Ethos?

Nah, I don't. Don't take it personally though, we barely played together.

Good luck with that though. I'm gonna stay off of bf3 for a while. Hell, pretty much everything. Me3 is gonna take up a lot of my time lol.

Got word on the next 3 Expansions for Battlefield 3. http://www.gamespot....evealed-6364907

Close Quarters....

/browse.php?u=ZzQqdZQohmAp36E36VzKBO2Zcr6hCeTUNWOwJ1gLMsVE8M29j4c%3D&b=0#58;//i44.tinypic.com/13zbz9u.jpg

Frag Rounds aren't nearly as good as plain Buckshot on enemy soldiers. They are, however, amazing to triggering C4, if that's what you mean.Because I know I'll be trapping the place like a madman.I'm also excited to see what those ten new weapons are. Also for that giant map in that expansion after it, and that 'End Game' DLC planned, too.

Frag Rounds aren't nearly as good as plain Buckshot on enemy soldiers. They are, however, amazing to triggering C4, if that's what you mean.Because I know I'll be trapping the place like a madman.I'm also excited to see what those ten new weapons are. Also for that giant map in that expansion after it, and that 'End Game' DLC planned, too.

Yeah, frag rounds are really nice to trigger C4. The problem with frag rounds is the little bit of splash damage. It's true though, Buckshot is much better.

End Game sounds really interesting. My guess will be fighting near/in a captial city. Who knows though?

Ah yes, the expansion with the big map. Yeah I'm really excited for it. Massive tank battles are awesome.

The community failed me so hard today. Scum everywhere.

The teams I was getting from matchmaking were ridiculous. It got so bad there was a game where I wasn't just the only one with plants/disarms on both sides of the map. When we were defending I ended up the only person with kills during one match. I need comrades man. Preferably ones with Karkland, who won't get kicked randomly because BF3 decide to pick a map they do not have. No offense Nom, but it's hard to play with you if I always gotta be worried we don't fall off the basic grid. IS there a way around that? Like if you host?

No offense Nom, but it's hard to play with you if I always gotta be worried we don't fall off the basic grid. IS there a way around that? Like if you host?

Yeah man, as long as I invite you instead of the other way around we'll be golden. Also I'll help you out in Rush, I'll give that mode another try.

Also I know K/D's a touchy subject and all, but my ratios managed to get up to 1.67, maintaining it is tough at this point. I'm beginning to suspect 1.7 may be my static number for awhile.

Easy way not to get kicked: Join a normal DICE server, the EA ones have all the maps in the rotations now.

So I played Squad Deathmatch for the first time ever. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/34960444/2/204415112/ Didn't know I was good at it.

Oh yeah, everyone here has seen the Ziba Tower Trailer right?

So any of you on as of the time I'm posting this? I got a few things to care care of, but I feel like making another go of it online if I have a proper squad. I just don't want a repeat of being the only one of my team playing like yesterday.

A full 12 man team and I'm the only one with kills? I don't even play this game much. Which is why it always surprises me I can maintain respectable combat ability when I turn it on after X months and come out of my first match like, 20/10 or something.

Well, I think I'm going to wrap up my work in a few, so yeah, I'm down. And carrying a team ain't fun at all. I'll actually tell ya to get on when I flip the PS3 on, in case you don't see this.

EDIT: So much for that. Had a whole other project dumped in my lap. Finished now, but I'm tired as shit. I might check if anyone's on and do like, 2 games max.

Edited by Vincent210

Man you STILL haven't played rush? What the hell man? Lol. Rush and conquest is battlefield.

Yeah, It's just that I get a little addicted to TDM, once I play one round It's hard to stop. TDM is so fast and frenetic that it leaves me constantly wanting to score better each match, and if I don't score up to what I was hoping then that means I'll just have to play a few more till I feel satisfied. There's something about obtaining dominance and clarity amid a sea of chaos, sometimes I feel unstoppable and that I'm one step ahead of anyone I encounter, plenty of mind games take place. And then there' the really shitty matches at times where everything seems to be going wrong and there's nothing you can do to stop it, ridiculous spawns and uncanny deaths, teammates constantly stealing your kills, but they come and go.

I played a bit of conquest, and I really do enjoy it, but after a while I just start craving the hardcore, target-filled nature of TDM once again. Rush, I hate being the attacker's, and I hate being the defender when you are completely pinned (attackers stick some vehicles in your face with a crew of engineers constantly repairing), I am not a fan of sticking around death zones, getting two deaths in a row without any kills really does not set well with me. But yeah, I'll still want to take on Rush again.

I'll probably be playing a good amount this weekend, you guys will probably be able to find me online if you hop on.

Being attackers involves more mind games than TDM ever will. And defenders have to be versatile bastards.

Still pretty busy today, but I WILL make time! Just need to get some shit done. TDM addiction explains why your K/D is higher, that and the fact that you have play that is incredibly more consistent than mine (by which I mean you play more than I get the chance to). I guess if I put my mind to it and started doing some TDM myself I could cause an exponential growth in kill rates.

You can't get more chaotic than rush. There wont ever be a more satisfying bf3 experience than planting and blowing up a bomb when a whole entire team of infantry, helicopters, tanks and other vehicles are trying to stop you.

You talk of finding calm in a sea of chaos in tdm? Try it on attacking rush.

If we talking stats, my w/l is 1.82 mostly from playing solo in conquest or rush almost exclusively. Any team benefits from having me in it. Not that stats matter much imo.

Haven't seen my W/L nor kept track. I also don't follow the Battlefeed stuffs. I bet my Rush stats are good, my Conquest stats are shit, my TDM is okay, and everything else doesn't have enough games to be relevant.

Well anyway, my workload is winding down and a few matches would be nice. Maybe I can drag my comrade off of LoL for a while to get some more muscle for the fight.

Being attackers involves more mind games than TDM ever will. And defenders have to be versatile bastards.

You can't get more chaotic than rush. There wont ever be a more satisfying bf3 experience than planting and blowing up a bomb when a whole entire team of infantry, helicopters, tanks and other vehicles are trying to stop you.

Yes, rush is as high risk as it gets, you are literally driving yourself into the heart of the enemy. I've played Rush and I've successfully planted charges, and it is does not get much more satisfying than completing a successful raid. TDM is completely different, your not tied to an objective other than reaching a kill count, it allows a high variety of play styles and does cater to the lone wolf more than the other game types. Next time I play with either or both of you we will do Rush, You've got me excited, and I could use the ribbons : ) .

Rush is fun. Always nice to have the tickets down to one and have the last MCOM in an area explode. So satisfying.

Lately, I've been trying to get 5 wins in Squad Deathmatch, not so good right now. Gotta keep at it I guess.