Battlefield 3

Mom

Oh, well actually, that thing is pretty useful too if people know what they're doing. I was able to get a two-man suppression going without dying once because I knew where their entire team was at pretty much all times. Of course, you shouldn't normally be trying to get kills with it, but if you just happen to sneak up on some fool, can't be blamed for trying.

Pretty much the only thing i find useful about the Recon class are it's toys. Outside of that people just end up less useful fishing for kills in the ass-end of now-where that don't effect how successful our objective(s) will be.

I guess I'd like it if people knew how to use it in a helpful way, rather than just fishing for random +1000s that don't have an effect on the team's goal.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've killed someone at extreme range to save a team mate. so thats worthwhile.

CQB is fun too, but i have trouble in that area.

Shotgun or FAMAS would be your friends in CQB.

2 nights ago, I had to fend off guys trying to cap the TV Station in Sharqi. Not fun, espeically if you're alone. God damn engineer came through the door with a RPG and destroyed my head. I was not too pleased whatsoever, so I decided to be a one man army and try to retake the TV Station by myself. Of course, after I cleared it out, some sniper on the roof came down and killed me with his grenade. And then my oh so helpful team came and capped it.

I think my longest headshot was 352 m, on Firestorm.

I managed to accomplish my goal of getting the tank service star 1 this weekend. Little disappointed with my T-90's 277 odd kills. It needs more blood, and more dead Abrams.

Where's Heavy Metal when you need it?

I spent yesterday experimenting with using the M98B and the M40 with shorter range scopes primarily 3.4x or 4x. So far my tests are inconclusive as far as my complete satisfaction goes, mainly due to the fact that both guns nearly always require two shots to kill someone if you do not connect a headshot, no matter the range. It was not a bad set up though, as long as your not right up in the enemies face you can pick them off efficiently, after the first shot I'll wip out my sidearm and it only takes about two shots to kill the guy. I'll have to test it out one more time to see if I really like it enough to stick it in my arsenal.

Also forget the MAV, T-UGS is where it's at. I find the MAV to be far more productive only when used in conjunction with a headset and a dedicated squad. Without a headset, all you are left to do is float around observing, while all your friends are out in the action getting kills and such, you wonder if you are actually helping out as much as you would like and quickly become hungry for kills. It's only natural for the user to exploit an ability such as roadkill given these circumstances. For pure observation purposes without proper communication it is lacking in a mode as frenetic as TDM, and in a mode as big as conquest when your not in a tightly knit squad. I would propose to DICE that as long as they would like to keep the MAV's roadkill ability implemented, they should at least make it so your MAV suffers severe damage from ramming into solid objects, since a good deal roadkill attempts result in smashing into something hard.

For less squad oriented combat T-UGS is the ultimate surveillance tool, a strategically placed eye that can actually assist you in actively getting kills, you can stay active and in combat while the T-UGS is deployed watching designated points of interest. You basically get the jump on anyone who comes within it's vicinty. It may seem tedious at first, but after some use it becomes incredibly fast and easy to figure out the best spots to deploy the T-UGS effectively. I'll use it to defend points that I am situated in, I can place it as a checkpoint that I can watch at a distance, or I'll simply sneak it into highly active enemy locations where it will get the most detection's. Teamates literally flock to detection hot-spots and it quickly becomes a feast for your team. I find the T-UGS to be a more satisfying surveillance tool than the MAV when you do not have ready access to a headset.

With a headset, MAV deployment is a whole different story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-tuu5lLRC8

Edited by Nomrah

I always have access to a headset (or Skype) when I play this game. I kind of consider it a requirement, as well as a minimum of two other friends with headsets you you enjoy playing with being a requirement. And since most of my friends have been playing Ac Rev, Skyrim, and other stuff, I haven't played since before the map pack dropped. I'd love to shake the rust off sometime soon. Bug me before I've been in Skyrim longer than 5 minutes and I'll join.

Starting to get annoyed with people not working together in this game., Assault not healing or reviving, snipers not dropping spawnpoints.. its retarded.

I fucking hate it when they JUST. WALK. BY. YOU AND NOT REVIVE YOU. Funny you should mention not healing. I've actually shot an assault class guy to get him to heal me.

HE DIDN'T HEAL ME.

I'd love to shake the rust off sometime soon. Bug me before I've been in Skyrim longer than 5 minutes and I'll join.

Sounds good man. I'm taking a bit of a break for now, but I'll be sure to try and catch you online sometime in the near future.

As of right now my K/D ratio rests at 1.50.

Unfortunately, my K/D ration is at 1.21....Yeah, I'm not very good at this game.

So I joined a buddy of mine, and he invited his friend to play Rush on the B2K maps. I managed to get MVP 3 times in a row, and magically on Wake Island as attackers, I did pretty good. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/18501293/2/204415112/

Made some jokes early on Gulf of Oman defense. But...that was before the MAVS. OH THE HORROR!

We were attacking, we heard the buzzing. We fled in terror, those goddamn MAVS were upon us like possessed watermelons! We lost that match because of those fucking MAVS.

I don't think k/d is an important stat in this game. If you're only going for kills, then you're close to useless in rush or conquest, and letting the rest of the team do all the work. A lot of the time, i get placed in teams that don't know wtf they're doing so I end up doing all of the work. I sat around 1.4 in k/d or so and a w/l of 1.85 or something like that. my spm is 367 now. I started playing dark souls a lot lately so my k/d went down to 1.27 whenever I jumped on and w/l to 1.62. I'm not even used to the new maps yet. I'm a lot worse than what i used to be, It's sad. I used to rape teams before, consistently making it to mvp1-3 and walking away with a score of 4,000+ every game. The largest score I had was around 11000 in conquest I think. so dope.

Basically though, you shouldn't place much stock in stats, especially k/d. k/d isn't the stat that governs how good you are in bf3. It never did in any battlefield, I'd say too, at least when it comes to bfbc2. This game doesn't rewards kills, it reward teamwork. If you wanna get kills, you're better off playing cod.

I don't think k/d is an important stat in this game. If you're only going for kills, then you're close to useless in rush or conquest, and letting the rest of the team do all the work. A lot of the time, i get placed in teams that don't know wtf they're doing so I end up doing all of the work. I sat around 1.4 in k/d or so and a w/l of 1.85 or something like that. my spm is 367 now. I started playing dark souls a lot lately so my k/d went down to 1.27 whenever I jumped on and w/l to 1.62. I'm not even used to the new maps yet. I'm a lot worse than what i used to be, It's sad. I used to rape teams before, consistently making it to mvp1-3 and walking away with a score of 4,000+ every game. The largest score I had was around 11000 in conquest I think. so dope.

Basically though, you shouldn't place much stock in stats, especially k/d. k/d isn't the stat that governs how good you are in bf3. It never did in any battlefield, I'd say too, at least when it comes to bfbc2. This game doesn't rewards kills, it reward teamwork. If you wanna get kills, you're better off playing cod.

True, true. Although I don't feel very helpful to the team if I'm going negative on Rush.

If you want to get use to the maps, play Conquest. I wouldn't recommend playing Rush on them, and there's 2 version's of a Conquest map. Usually a big version and a smaller version, Rush maps generally stay the same.

The only map that's decently different from the Conquest maps is Strike at Karkand, as it adds the warehouses as part of the Rush. The warehouses are the equivalent to BfBC2's White Pass' first area. Tough things to plant, easy to defend.

Honestly, my favourite map of the B2K maps is Sharqi Peninsula. Kind of surprised me, I wasn't expecting to like that map that much. Gulf of Oman is a close second.

Conquest feels kill driven sometimes though; mostly because that is the only thing that tips the game (when you kill) I've had games where I could consistently hold a majority, if not all, of the points in a conquest game only to have people going negative across the board and losing the round anyway since the enemy unit count was really going anywhere. Obviously putting too much stock in K/D in any BF game is a bad idea, but usually in conquest when you find yourself going negative it means you're doing it wrong anyways.

Just unlocked the Saiga today and am loving it, It's replacing my DAO-12 as my shotgun of choice due to its much improved rate of fire, now I'm pushing for the .44 magnum to accompany my shotgun for longer ranges (two more ranks to go). Also i'm finally pursuing assault class as I want the AN-94. That gun sure gets a lot of hate from what I've read, but every time I pick it up I'm hooked. Love tapping the two round burst at distant targets, low recoil on top of it. Got myself an Accuracy medal today which is great. I'd have a lot more fun in Conquest or Rush if I had a headset, I hate how unorganized it can get in rush. It would be such a blast if squads would pull themselves together to perform organized strikes against enemy M-COM stations, instead of teammates running in one at a time like lemmings.

Vincent do you have a battlelog? I'm back at it now, hopefully you'll be down for some games soon. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Nomrah333/

Edited by Nomrah

The an-94 is a hit and miss for me. I don't have a good time with burst rifles in this game. Whenever a rifle starts out in burst rifle mode, it always throws me off. I prefer the higher rof rifles when I go with assault. F2k and famas all the way.

I picked up a Famas a few times, that gun is amazing and makes me wish I had B2K. Yeah burst fire was a huge turnoff for me when I unlocked that M4 for the Engineer as I wanted a close range, high rof storming weapon. For assault I could go for some accurate burst fire, since I sort of had my fill of high rof action with my engineer's A-91. I found that the automatic G18 pistol works pretty well for dealing with surprise close encounters while I use the AK, I find the AK at close range to be a bit cumbersome, I'm so used to the A-91's swift killing power so the G18 sort of fills that gap.

I was really getting into reviving people today, pumps with the defibrillator are so satisfying. One round I got so carried away I ended up with three Medical Efficiency ribbons!

I've managed to get the first service star for the MG36 today, quite pleased with myself. I'm really liking it, nice ROF, slap on a holo sight w/ bipod and extended mags and it's set. My only wish is that I am placed in squads with someone using the squad ammo specialization, MG36 goes through ammo a tad to quickly for my taste. I don't really use the other two fire rate settings, not like the QBB. Still like the gun though, just wish it had that built in scope.

The QBZ-95B is now my main engineer gun. I feel no need to put any attachment on expect for the Cobra RDS. Or whatever the Russian RDS is called.

Just a question for everyone, which side do you have more hours on? Russians or Americans?

I have 2 more hours on the Russians then Americans.

Edited by Clones

I'm pretty sure I have more hours with the Russians. I wish I could set Russians as my default, I much prefer their look and I use mostly Russian weaponry. Unlocked the .44 Magnum and I've paired it up with my Saiga, revolver works great for range just like I intended adds some much needed variety to my shotgun battles for sure. It takes a little getting used to the Magnums slow rate of fire and muzzle flip, but its power makes sure it's successful at picking off targets. The scoped .44 Magnum will definitely be neat, I can't wait.

I've managed to get the first service star for the MG36 today, quite pleased with myself. I'm really liking it, nice ROF, slap on a holo sight w/ bipod and extended mags and it's set. My only wish is that I am placed in squads with someone using the squad ammo specialization, MG36 goes through ammo a tad to quickly for my taste. I don't really use the other two fire rate settings, not like the QBB. Still like the gun though, just wish it had that built in scope.

The QBZ-95B is now my main engineer gun. I feel no need to put any attachment on expect for the Cobra RDS. Or whatever the Russian RDS is called.

Just a question for everyone, which side do you have more hours on? Russians or Americans?

I have 2 more hours on the Russians then Americans.

How can I look up how many hours I have with each? Is it in battlelog?

Sorry I'm going back to this, but isn't mg36 a support class gun? If so, why do you want a squad member to have ammo specialization? You have ammo pack, so you don't exactly need ppl to give you ammo. It takes just slightly longer to recharge than other guns, but it's infinite ammo supply.

Anyway, I'm playing this game a bit more often and trying more of that back to karkland pack. The new guns are pretty good. Famas is a beast, loving the mp5 (I love every incarnation of that gun in any game. Me and mp5 go way back haha), and both snipers are pretty sweet. Haven't gotten to use pp-19 but have gotten killed by it and it seems sweet with that rof. I unlocked it already but haven't used it yet. L96 is awesome. Might actually make me put down my m40.

Edited by Ethos

How can I look up how many hours I have with each? Is it in battlelog?

Sorry I'm going back to this, but isn't mg36 a support class gun? If so, why do you want a squad member to have ammo specialization? You have ammo pack, so you don't exactly need ppl to give you ammo. It takes just slightly longer to recharge than other guns, but it's infinite ammo supply.

Anyway, I'm playing this game a bit more often and trying more of that back to karkland pack. The new guns are pretty good. Famas is a beast, loving the mp5 (I love every incarnation of that gun in any game. Me and mp5 go way back haha), and both snipers are pretty sweet. Haven't gotten to use pp-19 but have gotten killed by it and it seems sweet with that rof. I unlocked it already but haven't used it yet. L96 is awesome. Might actually make me put down my m40.

It's in the medal section of your Soldier stats in-game. The medals are side by side. It'll have a bar and a number, and Battlelog won't tell you how many ours you have for each side.

I don't really like throwing down ammo for the MG36. I'll throw it down for teamates or C4, but never for my main gun. And for other people to have squad ammo, I don't use it for my support class. I use the Suppression one, which just makes things so much more... suppressed.

Now, I am extremely happy, because I got Engineer service star 2 and the Armored Warfare medal. 20000 points, fuck yeah!

Lol what? The ammo pack is there to replenish ammo. You could even recharge it when you're helping out teammates. I personally don't feel that using the ammo pack for yourself is bad, specially since you get an unlimited amount of them.

As for the specialization, yeah I do the same. I never use squad ammo with my support. I use squad flak and make sure my ppl don't fear explosions.

Lol what? The ammo pack is there to replenish ammo. You could even recharge it when you're helping out teammates. I personally don't feel that using the ammo pack for yourself is bad, specially since you get an unlimited amount of them.

As for the specialization, yeah I do the same. I never use squad ammo with my support. I use squad flak and make sure my ppl don't fear explosions.

I'm weird like that...

Then again, I'm the only one that's crazy enough to face a tank toe-toe with a RPG or SMAW. Yes, I'm that crazy.

Word, you're not the only one. I love sending rockets to tanks lol. I love destroying them, they think they're so safe in that big tank. I find it's more satisfying planting 3 blocks of c4 on a tank then jumping away as I hit the switch and the thing blows up behind me all Michael Bay and shit.

So great.

I don't play often, only when I get a group going. Mainly because I snipe and a sniper is only as good as his squad, at least in this game, and most of the time I have a high kill death ratio even in low amounts of kills. I mainly run around setting spawn points for people and run Squad cover just because that stupid blur can affect me from far away, so I don't get hit with the blur and miss a head shot. Most of the time though I get spot assists but that comes with the territory of seeing most of the field. It's a lot easier to snipe in this one because, as a few have already pointed out, no one heals anyone. So most are at just enough for a one-shot-kill.

I don't exactly agree with that. I feel that while it is a hell of a lot easier to play with a squad, I don't think a sniper is just as good as the squad he's in. You can excel as a sniper solo or playing with randoms so long as you're aware of your surroundings and not stay in an area too long cause you don't have someone watching your back.

I've gotten pretty decent games when sniping solo so it's not like it's impossible. I've even gotten MVP's with it too, so it can be done. I guess I'm just used to playing with randoms or solo.