Battlefield 3

Mom

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dudes! I've been playing BF since 1942. And I enjoyed how Bad Company was very console friendly even though I'm originally a PC gamer of the series. I've been playing BFBC2 and I found the MP way more fun that COD, with the fact that there is real Attrition on the battlefield and real teamwork as well.

So I've been hearing and researching that BF3 has a feel closer to COD but it does have way more equipment that BFBC2. I heard the maps weren't as fun for the RUSH games but that overall it's superior to BFBC2.

I'm planning on renting both BF3 and CODMD3 (just to play the story and get it done with), but yeah I was a little weary about BF3 trying to fit too much on consoles.

So what I'm asking is if BF3 is still fun in the BF way more than it is trying to adopt COD.

I'm pretty sure you guys already talked about this so if you did then I'll just dig through the thread.

I feel like bf3 was made a lil bit to resemble cod, but it's still battlefield. You still get tanks to shoot down, helis and jets to fly and bombs to destroy. I didn't play rush much in bc2 (bc2 being my first battlefield experience), but I can't find any complaints about the rush maps in this game. When it comes to the maps though, i feel they're a huge improvement over the ones in bc2 only for them being shortened in consoles. I remember that it was really aggravating playing heavy metal in bc2 because the maps were soooooooooo huge and only so many vehicles. When you don't have that many players, and you try to throw them in the largest map in the world, things get boring quick.

BF3 definitely has a LOT of equipment to choose from. each weapon has about 11-19 attachment to put on (probably averaging around 17), and there's a lot of guns to choose from. There's so many attachments that the attachments themselves are to what perks are to cods. They're what makes the class.

I also find bf mp more rewarding that the cod mp. There's so much more to worry about in bf mp (objectives, tickets, shooting down shit, cover not being there anymore, etc), where as in cod, I feel like all you have to do is kill people, no matter the game type. If there was one thing I could change about bf3 is making things more destructible. I like making my own routes and destroying cover. I feel like it's a lot harder in this game. Oh, and buildings come down anymore. they still stay up without walls. Good structures and foundations, pfft.

All in all, if you liked bc2, I feel like bf3 is everything that was good about bc2 and made better.

Just got my first ever PS3 today along with Battlefield 3, I am blown away! Who's all playing and when can I find you. I'm still getting used to this fancy technology. Wireless controller is pretty sweet, at first I was like "why is my controller cord so fucking short!" then I realized it was used to charge the sucker. Also I'm going to need an HDTV, it's hard to read the writing. My username is Nomrah333

How could you not like it? It's perfect, I've never had a gaming experience this intense in my life! The sound effects are absolutely incredible, and the destruction physics are really something. I just cant wait to try out all the guns, i'm still stuck with the basics, but the firefights are already very riveting.

Just got my first ever PS3 today along with Battlefield 3, I am blown away! Who's all playing and when can I find you. I'm still getting used to this fancy technology. Wireless controller is pretty sweet, at first I was like "why is my controller cord so fucking short!" then I realized it was used to charge the sucker. Also I'm going to need an HDTV, it's hard to read the writing. My username is Nomrah333

i'll add you. I'm all about battlefield. I don't play much cause of Dark Souls right now, but I'll get on from time to time. We can do some games.

i'll add you. I'm all about battlefield. I don't play much cause of Dark Souls right now, but I'll get on from time to time. We can do some games.

Awesome! Hopefully I'll catch you online sometime in the near future. Also how do you get a custom PSN avatar, is it possible?

Tonight I was really starting to enter my FPS groove on BF3. My total kills are nearly starting to creep over my beginner deaths (86K/108D). I'm mostly playing as the Engineer, working my way towards the AS Val. Edited by Nomrah

For Engineer, g36c is where it's at. That gun is amazing.

For assault, most of them are really good, but I find the aek to be a monster. Maybe it's my play style but damn. I feel unstoppable as long as I have rounds for that thing.

For support, the saw is a beast that will treat you well if you tame it.

For recon, svd and mk11 are awesome for running around. For the bolt actions, priority is straight pull bolt attachment. That thing is so perfect.

All kit weapons: the 870 shotgun is the best one imo. No need to use anything else. ump is the best up until p90 I guess cause of the larger clip size.

I was really rocking my AKS-74u this afternoon, I even got 1 mvp and 2 mvp2's. I found the SCAR somewhat disappointing after using my AKS-74u for so long, its alright though. I achieved my goal of breaking my total deaths by the end of the night, 238K/237D, just barely made it! The G36C is smooth, picked it up a few times and loved it, can't wait to unlock it.

man, 74u it's so good. I can't wait to unlock it for both sides. should be soon. And yeah, g36c is where it's at. I love that weapon.

Anywho, back to karkland came out yesterday, so I played some bf3 today. it was good times. surprised I picked it up so well. I was getting pissed tho, cause my team in my last game was garbage. I went 29 and 12 or so with 6k points on conquest. I had more kills than the top guy in their team (he had 18), and we still only managed to win by like 8 ticket lead. It was sorta frustrating.

Also, can't say I'm happy about how they're going about the dlc with the new weapons. I gotta say I feel bad for whoever spent money on it, as having to unlock the weapons that came with the pack through "assignments" is pretty wack. They kinda work like contracts in bops. Granted, this is a huge dlc, with 4 new maps, 10 new weapons and some other crap I don't remember, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Around what time you play Nomrah? I'm tired of playing with ppl that don't know what they're doing. Oh be forwarned, if we do play, don't follow me. I play real reckless and don't care about dying. I didn't tell that to vincent and he complained about me getting him killed a few times :(