YOUR combat style!

Malice

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup Densuo! Yeah in team formats, support units are vital. Having some missile and sniper combos will fuck shit up. Tanks and HW's are excellent for this. However, support is only as useful as it is protected. I like to think of them as the heavy gun emplacements, sort of like a Maginot Line, if it is outflanked, it's ultimately useless. If well defended by having a light distract or draw fire, then the supports get the job done. Can't recall the number of times playing 3v3 with Redwolf and Whitewolf that White's snipers got the enemy units shot down because we kept them off him.

Tell you the truth, I don't think the mechanics of what makes a good build or team strategy 'good' has changed much over the years. I agree with DWW on the point of being reflexive, timing is a huge part of what makes you effective in battle. Knowing what to do is one part, but knowing when is the other. Then haha, you need to have flawless, or as close to it as possible, execution.

Sup Densuo! Yeah in team formats, support units are vital. Having some missile and sniper combos will fuck shit up. Tanks and HW's are excellent for this. However, support is only as useful as it is protected. I like to think of them as the heavy gun emplacements, sort of like a Maginot Line, if it is outflanked, it's ultimately useless. If well defended by having a light distract or draw fire, then the supports get the job done. Can't recall the number of times playing 3v3 with Redwolf and Whitewolf that White's snipers got the enemy units shot down because we kept them off him.

Tell you the truth, I don't think the mechanics of what makes a good build or team strategy 'good' has changed much over the years. I agree with DWW on the point of being reflexive, timing is a huge part of what makes you effective in battle. Knowing what to do is one part, but knowing when is the other. Then haha, you need to have flawless, or as close to it as possible, execution.

I suppose it depends on who I'm with. Playing with Chuave I'd use my RJ and zip around and be an ass. but with someone who's more agile my HW with the zook arms and big ass laser on the back was enough of a threat

Yeah, single handedly fucking teams up is what those types are good for. If you engineer your AC right, you best be zippin around in a HW. I had one I traded to Artou a while back cuz it was fucking beast. He made it a little better IMO. But yeah, Zooks will work defensively. Dude, we should play again haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For me i enjoy using Medium wight AC - Med - Long range combat - Fully Missiles AC

like Ballistic in Armored Core 3 Silent line

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100919012708/armoredcore/images/4/4a/Ballistic.jpg

even that i did AC in ACV look's like Ballistic AC, same color and Fully missiles

that one i enjoy playing in it, But the one who i really know to play with

is a Light wight - Close range - with Galtingun gun and shotgun

For me i enjoy using Medium wight AC - Med - Long range combat - Fully Missiles AC

like Ballistic in Armored Core 3 Silent line

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100919012708/armoredcore/images/4/4a/Ballistic.jpg

even that i did AC in ACV look's like Ballistic AC, same color and Fully missiles

that one i enjoy playing in it, But the one who i really know to play with

is a Light wight - Close range - with Galtingun gun and shotgun

For now on you shall be known as Bumper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MY style I would have to say MQC just overlaping the outer most edge of both CQC and LQC.

Im more of a jumper going with the lightest frame I can have while still being able to fit the weapons,generator and boosters I want.

But when I say jumper I dont mean R joints, I rely heavily on QB (quick boost), Glide/ over boost, and flying manuvers to dodge attacks and staying above, behind, or out of site of my target. In my world speed is king.

I'm not going to tell you all the setups I used for all the games (That would take way to long) so here is what I use in ACV.

Weapons. I normaly have a rifle, battle rifle, mini gun, lowest energy consumption pulse MG, and CE AS (auto seek) missles.

My FCS is normaly a W&S (wide and shallow) while still haveing enough range to see you from a disance. I rarely use blades unless I know there is going to be something slow and big I have to blow up. (like the trains) always useing the moonlight. :lol:

But Im also very adaptable some times useing sniper cannons and UWs if the mission needs so.

Im like that rabit that jumps around looking to get ya when youre in the middle of something else. ;)

If there is one method that defines my style the most if would be flanking. My style, similar to what Virv said at the beginning has been defined by the idea that if you can't hit me than I win. Understanding the mechanics of movement and being quick on my feet has been something that I practice. Being able to read the opponent is equally important as well as being able to predict and understand the intentions behind their movement and ultimately the mindset of the other player in order to apply the appropriate counter movement, either proactively or reactivity.

“The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you would ever look.”

Julius Caesar

YES

if you can't hit me than I win.

A thousand times YES!

Edited by Tidus Klein

• 3 months later...

I go out there and play on sundays or whenever I play to have winning natural bending skills while making national football league plays showcasing my incredible arm talent and just knowing how to coach.

When you look at me, you see a football player.

Method of offense.

I will adapt accordingly, but I prefer keeping my battles wet and messy. No breathing room. Put them in a sticky situation. Keep em gagging. ;)

Of course, as far as specifics...

ACMoA (first game) - Began with a preference towards heavy armor. Weaponry varied, but settled for multi-missiles and WA-FINGER. Many AC designs were very fat. Heavy armor and lots of bullets were my solution at the time. Then again, I was more worried about aesthetics than actually building an AC. Never knew of H+ at the time.

AC2AA (second) - Still going for heavy armor, still wanted dual missiles and a heavy blade. Ended up having to use other weapons since WA-FINGER was gone. And, as was usual, firepower and armor above all else.

AC2 - Heavy armor, firepower. Adapted accordingly, but many designs leaned toward heavy.

AC3 - Heavy again, now without multimissles. Still, I liked firing lots of missiles. Orbit weapons were fun to use too. Ended up settling with machine guns and missiles and heavy armor. Loved using the heavy EO core. S rank.

ACSL - Still going heavy, but now started using lots more firepower. Would use solid EO cores in arena to fire more bullets. Oh, and now we got WA-FINGER again! The use of solid shields really gave me an edge. S rank.

AC1 and ACPP - Started exploring armored core's past games. Very fun, learned the origin of some parts. Bought these games so I could start using MoA with H+ abilities. Still liked heavy though.

ACNX - Slight degradation in choice of weaponry, with a significantly nerfed FINGER. But, as usual, heavy armor and firepower. Never go through a mission without a heavy EO core. Micromissiles were a fun addition, as was the use of hangars and tuning. S ranked lotta missions, but failed to get a certain cluster missile part.

ACNB - The game that had me change the way I approached AC. But, even then, I kept everything nice and heavy. I'd have a much deeper exploration of other designs thanks to the arena in this game, but I'd still lean towards having firepower. Almost beat every mission, except the one where to had to keep track of your target. Ended up ignoring that.

ACLR - Relatively unchanged. Still using heavy armor and firepower much of the time, but went on to explore medium options. Zanida had me filling her face with my dakka. Completed with S rank.

AC4A - I CAN DODGE!!! Began using lighter designs since ACs had changed significantly. Had to do some serious relearning. Still going heavy, but there are times want to just fill the skies with lots of bullets and missiles. This was also the first game that I'd go online, so I also explored the use of anti-blader, heavy armor builds. To this day, still exploring anti-speed heavy armor builds. This is probably the first game I know that had competent A.I., so it was quite difficult.

ACV - Now you can kick your opponent in the face? WONDERFUL. But damn the current choice of weaponry and the new limitations. Ended up with a new found fondness for tanks though. Traveling the world was slow initially, but I had a good opportunity to explore the scenery. Not that I didn't explore other designs.

ACVD (not yet played) - Most likely, I'll go for a heavily shielded build and start kicking more faces.

Edited by ManintheArmor

I used to be more reactionary and in your face, trying to use high speed maneuvers to outflank and destroy the other guy. I gradually refined that into more use of cover, attacking and fading behind cover generally. I get bored with constant rushing so I like to switch between aggression, poking, and cover play with OB used for postioning.

I've always been an in-your-face fighter that typically deals big damage. With the slower pace of 5 i've had to change that play just a tad. I've always been a huge reverse joint and quad leg user and, while a bit unorthadox, more often than naught use at least one blade. In AC:4A my favorite set up was lightweight quad legs with the longest blade on the right hand, grenade launcher on the left hand, radar on the right back, gatling/chain gun on the left back, and AS missles on the shoulders.

If I can't quite reach you with my blade(as I often use it in conjunction with overboost to significantly decrease the overall distance) I would hit you with the grenade launcher, shoot AS missiles and repeat.

Aside from that I often use a reverse joint blader. You can use it much better defensively than offensively. Since the Reverse joints esentially do a bear hug with dual blades you can use it to your advantage when fighting highly offense blade oriented ACs. Backboost at the right moment the other AC dashes forward and you can make them run into your blades making for a great counter and a huge 'wtf' moment for the other player. When you do the blade shield it cancels out their attack and creates a highly effective counter move.

Another thing you can do with the reverse joint is set it up to be able to withstand blade attacks, let them hit you and then bearhug them with the blades.

Fun times...