Weight Lifting

The Talentless

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. I can keep my form on 2 plates. I KNOW I can do more, but I'm focusing on proper form above all else.

Last week I fucked up big time cause I missed my squat day two weeks in a row prior. Dropping to 225 still didn't help me get below parallel; the next day my legs felt like I had worked on them for the first time in my life. I can only imagine how today will turn out.

Afterwords Edit: Ehhh... I dropped down to 205. Pretty upset about that. Then again, probably wasn't doing below parallel the past month+. Hurt my knee 'cause I couldn't do 225 all the way.

Edited by Jackson

yeah those kinds of rows are not as good. T bar rows however if you have the machine will do wonders to create a look for the back that you really can't get elsewhere. they build the midle traps in a way that causes perfect seperation from the shoulder area similar to how upright rows do but also really bring out the rear dealts as well has hitting upper lats, romboids and lower traps. in the end T bar rows really will make your back look sick.

• 1 month later...

My workout's simple, but I'm QUITE limited, as I only have a pair of 30lb dumbells. This workout is done over a two day period. A kind of "A-B" type of thing. All exercises utilize said pair of 30lb dumbbells

Day one:

3 sets of 15 curls

3 sets of 50 calf raises

3 sets of 20 lateral raises

3 sets of 70 shoulder shrugs

3 sets of 20-25 tricep extensions (done flat on back)

Day two:

3 sets of 50 leg lifts

3 sets of 50 crunches

3 sets of 50 oblique crunches

3 sets of 20 pectoral flyes-----\_____\ These two chest exercises are done in absolute succession, one after another

3 sets of 20 dumbbell raises---/ /

Just do one every other day. You should be working out every single day

• 6 months later...

I'm gonna start back up next monday! It's been a whole year since I last lifted weights and I've lost 15lbs of muscle. Time to gain it and and then some. Gonna use some protein mix my bro introduced me to. It tastes really good and no milk added. My previous gripe with protein shakes is the cleaning and thickness making them hard to swallow, but that's always been because I added milk.

I'm still not doing those bent-over barbell rows, fk em.

I wish I had my Father here with me so he could tell me that I'm doing them right.

Felt pretty good starting from scratch on squats and actually doing them right this time (not half-squats).

I think I lost about ten pounds from last July when I stopped. I'm definitely not eating right though, and that's something i need to work on. I might ask my brother to get me some sort of protein shit for me since I don't have any. And maybe some caffeine too. Preferably Jacked.

Back when I was able to play football and wrestling for my school my weight would be 171 at the lowest and around 190 at the highest. I played defensive line in football and was in the 171 weight category(most of the time) in wrestling. During wrestling season I would do a LOT more conditioning and more weight lifting during football.

The one drill I hated more than hitting the Mats was we started doing 10 pull-ups the sprint across a field(about 5-7 second sprint depending how fast you were) then, dropping doing 20 push-ups the sprint back to the pull-up bars and do 9 reps. Sprint back 19 push-ups and back again to the pull-ups. Once you reached 1 on pull-ups you would go back up to 10 until we only did 1 push-up.

Those days were rough, but my max bench was 340. I had a lot fun and I need to get back into it.

• 4 weeks later...