Last Raven Fantasy Duels

Mom

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome man. I've got so many doods I need to put up a garage. I might run my hover CLARK KUNT, he was a Kai favorite. Most of my staples were pretty challenging to use though, made that way purposefully haha, but it made me a better player as I tried to close the gap of design and skill so even with stuff like my single gun lightweight Cyberbird I won on Kai more than most would imagine, but because ACs like that are so hard to pull wins with I'll probably toss up some of my more competitive guys. I've got a few in mind.

I'm not too sure who will win. They both got the equipment to mash the other's guts. I think if I were Pin Prick, I'd be trying to force an OB with the rs pokes and spamming nymphe, then punish OBs with that fenrir, and if that wasn't working I'd prolly toss the fen and get into his grill and settle it like a man.

If I was Phil Collins (if only!) I think I'd be trying like hell to OB into his face while he was toting the fen and punishing so fast that him dropping it won't make a difference anyways. Once the bp gets rolling, that dingo2 bot is gonna be fucked. In all senses of the word.

That might come down more to the players than the bots. It should be fun to watch, too.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Threshold vs Rad Bromance

I feel sorta bad for revising Rad Bromance in between playing Disruptor and Threshold, but through multiple fights online I decided that Geryon1 wasn't the best feel on quads-- its reward wasn't worth the risk. What I feel bad about though is using the likes of RS against Threshold, which only has 1470 shell or whatever. From the getgo the matchup was pretty much a hard-counter, as Rad Bromance started with a considerable AP lead and was still fast to boot. Trading RS was the last thing Threshold wanted to do, and getting a GL shot off on a defensive Rad Bromance was hard to come by. Both me and LCC were also playing relatively bad as well. It's been like this for virtually every round of fantasy fights for me, I happen to start out playing rusty and eventually warm up halfway through second match. Because Threshold plays poorly on the offensive against anything with relative speed and box size, I think it needs more starting AP, probably in the form of using A2 in place of LF71, and /UL2 in place of /UL. The weapons are solid bread and butter quad weapons though. I'd give the matchup a 75/25 in Rad Bromance's favor.

Boreas vs No Omega

Once again I played very rusty first match, but eventually got into the thick of it after I was having to chase LCC around and move my box a bit with Boreas. If there's anything about this matchup, it's that Boreas trumped No Omega in close quarters. No Omega could use its nimbleness for a couple seconds until Boreas managed to recover lock. Ultimately for both me and LCC, playing No Omega degenerated into very defensive play with cqc pressure only at the most opportune moments. LCC got a couple key RM3 shots off on Boreas in match 2 to secure his AP lead victory, and managed to eventually run me out of ammo in match 3. Boreas takes the cqc game and has a better stalking game in this matchup, but No Omega has a slight opportunity to stall out. No Omega definitely needs a handgun under the R2, as I could have taken round3 with one. Other than that I think it's solid, but Boreas just seems to have the better end of things in this matchup. I'd give the matchup 60/40 in Boreas's favor.

Phil Collins vs 30ft Stick

30ft stick is a very solid quad, but this matchup brought out its key weakness, and that's high damaging mid range weapons/punishers when it loses AP lead. I originally built it to defeat rushers and armor gougers, and it had a decent chance at mid-close range brawling as well, but the BP and RM3 punished it too hard in this matchup. In Born City, LCC was able to play the peek-a-boo game with GL a bit more, but eventually lost out to some timed BP shots. In Advance Base, once a couple BP and RM3 shots hit me, it was hard to try and rushdown Phil Collins with 30ft Stick's weapon loadout, so the desctructive power of P3/HP/E2 couldn't be shown in its full glory. Once again Phil Collins is your bread and butter cookie cutter BP lightweight, so nothing needs to be changed. I'd give this matchup 70/30 in Phil Collin's favor.

Pin Prick vs Barnacle Boy

Barnacle Boy suffered sort of the same predicament as 30ft Stick. It's more of a metagamer AC designed to counter specific strategies, but that also mean the design itself is easily counterable as well. Pin Prick is one such case. It was easy to get ap leas on Barnacle Boy, as it had virtually no range in general, and trying to rush down a design that goes 500kph with RS/HP is virtually impossible. Even when I used Pin Prick, I managed to miss every Fenrir shot and still pulled away with a commanding victory. When I used Barnacle Boy, I found a little success in rushing down Pin Prick when it still had Fenrir on, and even got AP lead for a little while, but then I got hit with an RM3 round not too after. I'd suggest maybe some vert missiles and F73H fcs on Barnacle Boy, and probably Dingo2 legs as well, to give it more ground speed and AP. I'd give the matchup 70/30 in Pin Prick's favor.

PHIL COLLINS

versus

PIN PRICK

UNDEFEATED CONTENDERS VYING FOR THE LIGHTWEIGHT BELT

Will Phil Collins do the unthinkable and get four wins in a row or will Pin Prick tie the record with a hat trick? Can BP the terrorzook crush the nimble Pin Prick or will the scrappy fenrir bot run circles around the prog-rocker? Will Pin Prick be able to use that agility to bob and weave through dangerous RM3 volleys to snatch victory from the hands of fate or will the heavy-hitting recording artist smash Pin Prick's dream into the dirt? Place your bets now, gents!