Last Raven Fantasy Duels

Mom

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a hard one for me to pick a favorite.

Phil Collins can definitely pressure with the OB/BP combo, but...

If Pin Prick gets a Fenrir hit right before/after an OB burst you are going to be in a bad way.

Also, if Pin Prick drops the Fenrir with an AP lead, you are going to be in a similarly bad way.

And, Pin Prick since getting upgraded with an additional hangar gun, can drop the Fenrir earlier if need be; something I haven't seen TM or LCC do in a match yet, but I'm not bitching, they're probably alot better at LR than me, lol.

Both AC's to me, are good answers to the other, although Pin Pricks tiny-lockboxes w/ Fenrir may cause a problem.

I guess this bout would be the the LR Fantasy Duel Championship if there was one, huh?

EDIT: Loser's bot buys a drink if/when I go to Texas to visit my sister.

Edited by Enganacious

It's a hard one for me to pick a favorite.

Phil Collins can definitely pressure with the OB/BP combo, but...

If Pin Prick gets a Fenrir hit right before/after an OB burst you are going to be in a bad way.

Also, if Pin Prick drops the Fenrir with an AP lead, you are going to be in a similarly bad way.

And, Pin Prick since getting upgraded with an additional hangar gun, can drop the Fenrir earlier if need be; something I haven't seen TM or LCC do in a match yet, but I'm not bitching, they're probably alot better at LR than me, lol.

Both AC's to me, are good answers to the other, although Pin Pricks tiny-lockboxes w/ Fenrir may cause a problem.

I guess this bout would be the the LR Fantasy Duel Championship if there was one, huh?

EDIT: Loser's bot buys a drink if/when I go to Texas to visit my sister.

BP busts apart stallers worse than anything in the game. That's the big problem with trying to play an AP lead against it.

Otherwise yeah I kinda see things the same way as you laid out.

All things considered Phil Collins has kind of an edge in the match up.

Pin Prick has to worry about OB and CQB pressure, and all Phil has to worry about is not eating too many hits before PP drops Fenrir.

TM and LCC are going to put hardcore pressure on PP w/ Phil too.

I really never expected it to do this well in the first place, so it's all good.

If Phil wins, I won't be surprised; if Pin Prick wins, I'll laugh my ass off.

@ PD, Ya but if Phil gets close enough to make the BP hit reliably, it can probably expect to get whacked by Fenrir if TM/LCC can keep a lockon.

All things considered Phil Collins has kind of an edge in the match up.

I don't really agree with this. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the real decider of this match is who is piloting which bot. I will elaborate as I go.

Pin Prick has to worry about OB and CQB pressure, and all Phil has to worry about is not eating too many hits before PP drops Fenrir.

First, we have to consider that OB is one of the make or break aspects of the fight. Either the OB joust works and Phil ends up balls deep in Prick, or the fen hits during the start-to-finish of the OB and he eats a bunch of rs rounds after. The pilot tendencies can give us a better glimpse at what'll happen, though.

Owen is better at OBing into an opponent, and he's better at handling a long OB. So basically, If Owen gets Phil on r1 and r3, than we should expect him to try and deep dick LCC early on. After the fen drops, if he didn't give himself a buff lead (or at least a small lead and broke Prick's legs) he'll probably lose. This is especially important because LCC is clutch at fighting at AP critical.

Conversely, if LCC is using Phil for r1 and r3, then he's a little more likely to try and force Owen to waste fen rounds. LCC has better shot selection than Owen, which clearly matters in both cases, but I think it's something that tips the scale in this scenario. If he breaks Owen's legs at any point, he's very likely to win.

So to sum it up, how I'm seeing things (roughly):

Owen @ Phil, LCC @ Prick - 50/50, maybe 52/48 in favor of Owen if you want to get specific

LCC @ Phil, Owen @ Prick - 55/45 in favor of LCC

Specifically because Owen is more suited to handling Phil than Prick, and LCC should be able to employ his standard play style successfully in both scenarios.

TM and LCC are going to put hardcore pressure on PP w/ Phil too.

Owen's more likely to than LCC. Owen actively looks to get in the pocket, whereas LCC tends to play it safe and wait for a mistake.

If Phil wins, I won't be surprised; if Pin Prick wins, I'll laugh my ass off.

Pin Prick isn't an underdog by any stretch of the imagination. That's why I find this match so interesting.

@ PD, Ya but if Phil gets close enough to make the BP hit reliably, it can probably expect to get whacked by Fenrir if TM/LCC can keep a lockon.

I don't agree with this either. You're praying on either player to reliably hold an nd/nd lock with an arm delay on the bigger gun against a dingo2 bp+hp in cqc. That's a tall order for anyone. It's highly unlikely Phil gets whacked in that situation.

I will say I'd expect LCC to land one before Owen, though.

Oh, and I'd like to state for the record that I'm not in favor of setting who will pilot which bot. Their usual manner for deciding is best. I think either one could play against what I'm expecting to see, or do something I didn't bring up.