Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Went to my LCS today. Picked up Detective Comics Vol. 6, Grayson Vol. 1, and The Omega Men #1 and #2 for DC stuff. I picked up an Image trade, East of West Vol.1, though I was really looking for the first four issues of Invisible Republic.

Detective Comics was worst of the bunch, though that's not saying it was bad. It just wasn't as good as the rest of them, namely due to it being really short. Solid art, great to see Bullock have a decently large part in it.

Grayson was pretty cool, really felt like a spy book. Interesting cast of characters, and King really shows through with his writing.

The Omega Men were cool too, as written by King. Love the art, quite violent too. Really interested in seeing where this goes.

East of West was different. Initially, hard to follow along, but you start grasping what's going on pretty quickly. Love the world it's set in, pretty great in terms of writing. Art is a little... iffy at times, but otherwise good.

Went to my LCS today. Picked up Detective Comics Vol. 6, Grayson Vol. 1, and The Omega Men #1 and #2 for DC stuff. I picked up an Image trade, East of West Vol.1, though I was really looking for the first four issues of Invisible Republic.

Detective Comics was worst of the bunch, though that's not saying it was bad. It just wasn't as good as the rest of them, namely due to it being really short. Solid art, great to see Bullock have a decently large part in it.

Grayson was pretty cool, really felt like a spy book. Interesting cast of characters, and King really shows through with his writing.

The Omega Men were cool too, as written by King. Love the art, quite violent too. Really interested in seeing where this goes.

East of West was different. Initially, hard to follow along, but you start grasping what's going on pretty quickly. Love the world it's set in, pretty great in terms of writing. Art is a little... iffy at times, but otherwise good.

so omega men is good huh? I haven't been reading it cuz i wasnt sure what to expect

i've heard nothing but good things about grayson but I have no intention of getting it, I get too many things as is

try out Hellblazer and Black Canary, tho

unusual for DC but both are off to strong starts

tbh I havent read anything bad from the current DC stuff aside from bat-mite that shit is kind of boring

bizarro is incredible btw

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/10/sdcc-15-the-eisner-awards/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

awards are being announced atm, OPM didnt win which i am disappointed about

wow gene luen yang won best writer that is a trip...he's the new Superman writer too looks like DC jumped on him at just the right moment

• 2 weeks later...