Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Entirely possible. That would mean Tomasi is on a lot of things.

Though King was recently pulled off Grayson down the road for a couple issues. He's working on something big with DC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/20/dark-souls-comic-will-original-stories-tell/ Oh this is a thing now

Edited by Clones

King has been one of their best finds in recent history, dood is getting all kinds of love critically and commercially

Grayson has been a big hit for DC, which is even more impressive considering how badly they're doing

it sucks man, they're putting out on average the best stuff they've had in like 3-4 years and they're doing worse than ever because comic nerds are pathetic

marvel isn't actually doing any better than last year, in fact they're doing slightly worse. Mainly because, as usual, they consistently put out kind of crappy stuff. The thing about marvel tho is comic nerds will always buy the crappy stuff cuz that's all they really want. If you don't believe me, the numbers all say this, and of course you can just ask the usual comic stores you visit about sales and stuff. They all say the same thing to me: DC is doing way worse even tho the comics are really good because they're too weird for the standard comic nerds, and marvel is slowly losing ground cuz they just generally don't write good stuff

in terms of quality DC is killing them, unfortunately thats not what matters in the current market for the big two

image just gets stronger and stronger. Their plan worked out perfectly for them. Gotta love that, because creativity SHOULD flourish.

DCYou hurt them but what really hurt them was convergence. It screwed up everyone's buying patterns, and it was very poorly received (it was fucking terrible so no surprise). A lot of folks were unable to get what they normally get, were offered these trash comics for two months, and just forgot to go back to the store, forever. With comics in particular disrupting the buying pattern is very dangerous.

Exactly. Creativity should flourish. Definitely agree DC has the quality on Marvel currently. Shame Marvel managed to snatch Charles Soule from DC :(

And yes, I skipped pretty well all of Convergence because the idea seemed fucking stupid.

Oh I definitely believe you on the crappy stuff. Nocenti was on Catwoman for how long?

u had the right idea it was a total waste of time and money

i bought a ton of those books i didnt even read half cuz what happened was i bought them all, didnt read til later, and realized i hated it so i just donated them all

midnighter is god tier and prolly wont get the respect it deserves til years later lol

at least grayson and batgirl are, and harley

yeah, they're going the marvel route, ugh

what a fucking shame

him on detective makes sense tho, why not

telling you man, we all fucked up. Midnighter, Black Canary, Omega Men, these are books that deserve all kinds of respect but didn't get it. Fuck comic book nerds.

clones this looks interesting

i went ahead and backed it at the 15 dollar level

We did. But hey, it could get Finch off Wonder Woman, and Vendetti of GL and Flash.

It could be okay.

Omega Men is so good. DC needs to sign an exclusivity contract with King ASAP.

Yeah that comic looks interesting. I'll probably back it on the next paycheck.

Hopefully, they put someone good on Batman. Azzarello might not be too bad.

Edited by Clones