Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was at one point, someone having a good run at Demon Knights. Don't know if it was Vendetti.

All I know is Vendetti basically undid Johns' work on Green Lantern and fucked up real bad at points on Flash.

Now I'm interested on how you were vaguely offended by the movie

Edited by Clones

yeah he did fk up flash, thats true, no denying that even if his demon knights run was great (if it was him I think it was)

wild spoilers for movie below

man

so jimmy olsen dies in the first like 5 minutes man, like straight up head exploded by gunfire, for no reason

batman has no problem killing ppl, does it the whole movie, his vehicles even have chainguns now for mowing down people, why even fight and have batarangs and shit? why get on superman's case when ur a bigger monster?

superman doesnt actually do much of anything, even in the 'climactic' fight with batman

doomsday shoulda been bizarro, cuz he wasnt doomsday

the editing was bizarre the whole movie especially 2nd act, tonally the 3rd act doesnt jive with the first two

bscly i was offended that the director and writers could do so bad at understanding who batman and superman are

thing about both of them, and its a pretty unique thing to them, is they mean something, actually MEAN something (especially superman)

u can show the S to anyone, in any country, and they know what it means, it means superman, which means fighting the good fight and doing the right thing and having hope and believing we can be better

the movie doesnt rly cover that, im still not sure what it even covered cuz the editing made no sense

wonder woman was dope at least

ill say this, my dad and my buddy liked the movie, even tho i didnt, and the feeling ive gotten from talking to ppl who don't read boards, and just chatting with people is they like the movie

critics have obviously hated it, and i wasnt too big a fan as ive outlined

it wasnt superman or batman to me i guess is the tldr of my issue

and that offends me

Edited by TANK TOP LEGEND

• 2 weeks later...

Caught up on the third compendium for walking dead. Same old same old.

Picked up volume 1 for East of West and Saga. Saga is weird in that the author's creativity only goes so far; we have people talking/dressed/acting like modern people in our world placed in an alien setting. I get that that's what would be familiar but something about it is off-putting

East of West is okay. Moves real fast.

Does marvel still make comic books? I haven't seen anything new outside of the movies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...