Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

Smiley from One Piece. New OP today.

What rules?

And are you saying you bought Batman #1, or Batman #6 or w/e it was that started the night of the owls event?

Oh, One Piece. Right.

Uh, well it's got like all the issues from that event.

Well, http://suraph.hubpages.com/hub/Batman-Annual-1-Review-Night-of-the-Owls that one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the Batman TPB? The TPB only has the first 6 issues of the Batman comic.

http://www.dccomics....e-court-of-owls

The link you provided is Batman Annual #1. It's a once-a-year comic they do, that is usually just an oversized story that is in-continuity, but can be a little less directly tied to the main story. That particular one is about Mr. Freeze's backstory as well as what he is up to currently.

"Night of the Owls" is a very specific event that starts around issue 6 or so. It goes over I believe issues 6 through 9 or 10, along with being in several other stories (Justice League, Batgirl, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, Batwing, Birds of Prey, Red Hood and the Outlaws, I might be missing one?).

The foundation for that event is the stuff from Batman #1 to the night itself, and the end of the story arc itself (Court of the Owls) is issue #12.

To summarize:

Court of the Owls - The current story arc for the Batman comic (issues #1 through #12)

Night of the Owls - A crossover event that spans several comics, starting in Batman #6 and concluding with #10)

Hopefully this makes everything more clear.

Both John and I read Batman and I'm pretty sure we both also have every issue that's come out so far, including the annual, so feel free to ask us Batman-related questions!

Edited by Penguin Deus

Yes it does, thank you very much. But yeah I bought Batman Annual #1. So... they changed Mr. Freeze's backstory, and in a creepy way too. Well, change is not exactly the correct word.

Well, looks like I'll have to pick up the Night of the Owls volume 1 now. And maybe Moon Knight.

Again, thank you. Alright, I will ask any questions if I have any. And thanks.

Edited by Clones

That annual is rad. They made that dood pretty creepy, yeah. I enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure there was some discussion about it in this thread somewhere.

Since it's the "New 52" everything is like starting brand new, so yeah some characters can be a little or a lot different than before.

New Freeze is awesome. Bruce laid it on him.

Yeah, get that TPB.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The-Court-Owls/dp/1401235417/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343868303&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+court+of+owls

That's what you want to look for.

Oh it's not in paperback yet. Whatever, get hardcover. It'd still be cheaper than picking up all the books individually.

Ah that's alright, I don't mind getting hardcover, matter considering a small amount of books I have are hardcover, even the Halo Graphic Novel I got years ago is.

Yeah, much cheaper and you get a snazy hardcover too.

I also read the Batman Beyond: Hush Beyond, and I now know how to spell schway. And that Hush is terrifying.

Edited by Clones

I picked up my comics today! Action Comics, Earth 2, Stormwatch, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Worlds' Finest, and Mind the Gap. I read the first 3 but nothing else, yet. I loved what I read though, although Earth 2's script was a little strange at times. Like they didn't proofread it or something.

That new Hawkgirl is hot. Fuck. So is Engineer. Fuck.

No Dial H? I pulled it but I'm probably going to have to hold off on comics for a minute again. I'm about to buy #2 digital since they didn't have any copies last time I went. Fuckers.

Damn. Digital comics drop a whole dollar the day the latest issue comes out. If you can stand to be one month behind all the time and have an iPad or a big comp monitor, digital might be the way to go. That's a big savings.

Hell it looks like you can read the first three issues of almost all the new 52 stuff on comixology for free. Some of them it's only two issues and some of them have the issues for like 99 cents. Most are three free.

I don't read that, no. John maybe?

I'm pretty much New 52 only, as far as DC goes (currently). My sister gets a few vertigo things, but otherwise, yeah.

I do read from other companies though. I don't read any Marvel anymore, though. Well, I don't buy it. I still paruse in the store.

"In 2012, it was announced that a crossover between Phineas and Ferb and Marvel Entertainment, will air in summer of 2013, titled Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel. It will feature Marvel Comics superheroes Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man and Thor and the villains the Red Skull, M.O.D.O.K., Venom and Whiplash. It is the first major animated crossover between Marvel and Disney since the acquisition of Marvel by Disney in 2009"

Yes, i mad.

Edited by The Talentless

It's just... the characters looks so ugly compared to the comic characters. That phineus ferb style is vomitous.

I find myself becoming increasingly depressed by this. It's all the jokes people made about disney mulling up Marvel with kiddy things coming to fruition. Though they said Red Skull would be there. Interesting choice to not have Cap but have the Nazi there.

Edited by The Talentless

I'm sorry.

Okay time to read these other comics. I'm gonna finish off the remaining DC stuff RIGHT NOW. I think I'll read Mind the Gap this weekend instead so I can focus on the clues and stuff.

Worlds' Finest is like way better now, so that's good. I really wish they'd get a different artist though.

Isn't Jesus Saiz free? I mean he's off Birds of Prey, find a spot for him.

John, are you reading Earth 2? It's pretty fucking great man.

Spider-Man's last stand did. All of his dialogue was good in that issue.

I don't think they handled that well at all. At least not enough build up to the two of them knocking each other out. Also, how convenient that they did just happen to knock each other out at the same time, which I assume did the stupid power transfer dileo to Cyke.

No clue. I saw it back at the end of AvX #5.

Well, how do I put this, for how Marvel tells stories, knocking each other out at the same time made sense. Also, both had been portrayed as complete buffoons the entire time, even with the cosmic sense the phoenix force should in theory provide. So yeah, overpowered idiots died like overpowered idiots. Except in sync. No biggie.

Besides, when you have god power and you face another god power, it generally ends that way for Marvel cosmic fights. People in the same tier of power double-KO anyone else in their tier regardless of anything else, almost always.

Also Spiderman was never going to die, although I enjoyed the dialogue anyhow. Spiderman is so dope. He always gets good dialogue. I also hope he fucks Captain Marvel at some point. Speaking of which, why does she have her old outfit here and her new one in her comic? Did they already address the time difference and I missed it?

Namor losing against these morons is still the most embarrassing thing yet. I really don't like that he's been trolled twice already. At least Dr. Doom isn't involved...watching him get trolled too might bother me, as well.

Edited by Penguin Deus

I don't pay any attention to the Ultimate universe. People like it for it to still be around but I'll never read it.

AvX is alright for me. I don't like anything about this Phoenix five sillyness, but it can't be helped. They need to let Coipiel do the rest of the artwork on their revolving team. It's the crossover event for the year for Marvel, and it could have been better. #9 was better than recent issues, but it's doubtful they'll finish strong.

Also, where are all the villains? Only one that's been addressed that I've seen was Sinister.

They need to let Coipiel do the rest of the artwork on their revolving team.

For reals. Also, are Frank Cho and Terry Dodson not available for AvX? I want to say neither of them is on the team for AvX...which is too bad. Although both of them are best at drawing women so I guess it's okay.

I'm kind of okay with no villains yet, mainly because I don't want this to end in Avengers + X-Men...which is 100% inevitable because it's a Marvel story.

Ultimate Spiderman was really dope back in the day, up until he died. I haven't followed the new kid's story at all.