Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

I already gave up MoW and never picked the others.

The comic guy was pretty cool yesterday. I forgot to get bags/boards until after I paid. I asked him for some but then realized I didn't have any cash and didn't want to put a dollar or whatever on my card so I told him to forget it. He gave them to me anyway on the condition that I come buy more comics next week.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty close to dropping all-star western. I still haven't gotten #2 and #3 didn't totally blow me away. I also thought the extra story was garbage.

I'm 99% sure I'm dropping Green Lantern as well once this arc finishes. I think that's issue 6 or 7. The comic has been pretty good so far but I guess I'm just not that interested in following Hal Jordan after this arc concludes.

One thing I forgot to mention that I thought was pretty sick. All of the ads in Batwoman were in the back, not throughout the book like in most comics. I never really noticed since digital comics don't have ads. I just got to the end this week and noticed there were a lot of pages left so I popped back to the cover to see if it was a four dollar book then I flipped through the back and realized it was nothing but ads. The pull those guys must have to get the pubs to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey John, do you find it odd that like a couple titles that looked really bad are now pretty great? Like Suicide Squad is pretty decent, Red Hood is really good, Deathstroke is great, and Batman and Robin is great, too.

Also, 6 titles are getting cancelled, and replaced with 6 others:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36367

Men of War - I'm sad to see it go, because it had a lot of potential, but just not the right writer. A shame.

Mister Terrific - This was garbage from top to bottom. Good riddence.

O.M.A.C. - This is really sad, cuz OMAC was a great comic and should have gotten way more attention. I'm guilty of not showing it love, too, though. I never bought an issue despite wanting to.

Hawk and Dove - trasssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blackhawks - I never read a full issue, but I heard the first issue was good and the rest sucked. Also the art was kind of annoying. Whatever.

Static Shock - Yeah this kinda sucked too, see ya.

From the 6 new titles, I'm prolly looking most forward to World's Finest (cuz I love Power Girl) and Dial H (cuz it sounds trippy). Batman Inc will be godly since he was writing it before Flashpoint and it was godly then too.

I'm prolly cutting green lantern once the arc ends, like I had originally planned.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm totally bummed that Travel Foreman is off Animal Man since he was the main attraction of it. Lemire is a good writer, but I don't think anyone alive could argue that the comic wasn't all about the art team on it. I think the BoP artist was great on BoP though and I'm really not sure Foreman is a good fit for BoP. I mean after what he did with Animal Man we have to give him a chance...but I kinda felt like his style and AM's story were a perfect storm. I think in most other cases I'd hate his art.

Basically both Animal Man and BoP I now have to monitor to see what happens. They are no longer shoe-ins until we see what the new creative teams got for us.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent this to John earlier, but figured I could put it here for other people to read. It's really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to buy the other issues, if I can find them.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/full-issue-mountain-girl-2-by-ross-campbell/