Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

Pretty awesome news, here: http://www.archaia.com/archaia-pr-archaia-announces-graphic-novel-based-on-classic-manga-cyborg-009/

Archaia is a reeeaaallllyyyy good publisher, and Cyborg 009 was pretty phenomenal, so this is probably going to be rad as fuck. I don't know shit about those writers, but I do know that Marcus To is awesome. Pretty stoked!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Fairy Tail, if you're into trash.

And how is Gray one of the best 5 of their clan? Mirajane and Juvia both gotta be stronger, right? I mean that guy like ALWAYS loses. Whatever though he won't matter cuz Laxus is there. He'll prolly just wipe the floor with people until he's not gets taken out by plot.

So it was just a volume 1, then? How long was it?

It's about 100 pages but they're like 4 panels per page. And see, the thing is, it doesn't say vol. 1 or anything on there so I'm not sure if there's going to be a vol. 2 or not. I know that webcomic page hasn't been updated in a while but I assume it's just the dude trying to get contracts or something. Who knows.

Archaia's website calls it Volume 1.

http://www.archaia.com/archaia-titles/cow-boy/

Those guys don't dick around iirc so he's probably not waiting on a contract. It's more likely he doesn't have anything for them yet, or he doesn't have a plan to make a volume 2 at all.

I'm trying Batwoman tomorrow. Swampthing will follow once the arc ends.

I really, really, hope Snyder gets Action Comics after Morrison leaves. I don't see why he would, and I don't think there are any rumors regarding it, but fuck...I'd be all in on that. No doubt.

So I'm trying to get into comics, while I have a comic lined up to read for Marvel, I can't decide what I want to read for DC. I would prefer to read a comic from the New 52, you guys got any recommendations?

So I'm trying to get into comics, while I have a comic lined up to read for Marvel, I can't decide what I want to read for DC. I would prefer to read a comic from the New 52, you guys got any recommendations?

Depends bro, what kind of comics or stories do you generally like? You're looking to pick up a single series to start, right? That's what I'm getting from your post.

I think the easiest recommendation I can give you is to pick up "Action Comics" or "Batman" since those two have the most iconic DC characters and are really, really, good. Money well spent on either one.

If I was trying to get someone into superhero comics and I didn't know anytihng about their tastes, I might also recommend "Justice League", "Wonder Woman", and "Animal Man".

Definitely Action Comics or Batman would be my first suggestions, though. Everyone knows who Superman and Batman are.

btw I think Flash might have been my favorite comic this week, John. idk what about it that it was, maybe it was how Heat Wave and Captain Cold looked so hardcore facing each other down.

Fucking Flash. Villains with terrible names that are somehow cool. Crazy.

Which one? I'm assuming outside the current AvX crossover

Fear Itself. I saw a complimation thing with all 7 issues at a bookstore nearby.

Alright, thanks for the help guys btw. I've decided what I'll be getting from DC, which includes Animal Man, Deathstroke, and Batman.

I heard Fear Itself blew. I seriously didn't start buying comics until AvX started. But yah, only thing I wanted from Fear Itself was the Fearsome Four (?) one shot with Howard the Duck, Man-Thing, and Frankenstein involved. Love those guys. Especially Frankenstein.

Only problem is I never saw the books at my comic shops.

Fear Itself was that bad? Wow, yeah I'll probably pass on that then.

I'll see if they have any Daredevil, I'm sure they would. Perhaps I should also see if they have any Moon Knight there too. Yep, possibly tomorrow is going to be a good day if I get these comics.

Honestly I haven't been liking any Marvel events in a long time, and it feels like there is always an event happening. It's part of why I dropped all of the Marvel stuff I was getting. Just wasn't making sense to me to be developing their universe the way they were. That and the comics just weren't very good, in general.

I've hated all of AvX as well, so far. That is especially depressing with how much I like Namor.

Wasn't there a pretty good Moon Knight run, recently? idk about that since I don't read that comic but I'm sure I saw good reviews on several MK comics over the last several months.

Edited by Penguin Deus

So far the only AvX titles I've been enjoying New Avengers and Wolverine and the X-men. And my interest in New Avengers is probably going to drop. I like where I started at with it but it has to take a different direction now with Spidey training Hope and idk how that will turn out.

Both that and Wolverine n' Xmen have art that I enjoy though. Wolverine is the only title I've decided to keep on with after AvX. AvX itself started out pretty good. First two issues were fine if not good, but it's gone downhill from there. Still sticking to it though. I dropped that AvX: VS title after the first issue. Magneto vs. Iron Man fight was awesome. Namor losing to Thing... underwater... completely fucking asinine.

I can't remember what comic it was in but there was a panel of Juggs Colossus vs. Spidey and a few others that I thought looked great. I'll try to find it.

Namor lost to the Thing, underwater, and then was the first of the PENIS to be slain. That's fucking lame.

I love Thing, as well, but still...c'mon man!

I didn't mind the first issue, but I didn't like it after that.

I've been wanting to try out the new Captain Marvel but I keep forgetting to pick up a copy. Oh well. I get enough other comics already.

Yeah I hate all the AvX stuff myself. The minute I heard about it I was like "Isn't this kind of pointless?" I mean really, have they run out of ideas and just have to default to this?

Yeah, I believe the most recent run of Moon Knight is good. They got Alex Maleev doing the art, although from what I've heard it's not his standard issue kind of art. As well, I heard the starting issues of the run weren't that great. But I'll still give it a shot.

If they have a trade paperback of it already, maybe just go into a comic store or bookstore and just read it there? That way you can decide if you want to buy it or not that way. That can work good with TPBs.

Last One Piece fkn ruled! Just so y'all know. Looks like we were on the right track with how that dood with the patty on his face beat Law.

Hm? Anyway, got some comics today! They didn't have some individual comics I wanted, nor did they have issue 1 of Deathstroke from the New 52. However, I did get Batman: Night of The Owls issue 1. As well as the Batman Beyond: Hush Beyond book. I did see Moon Knight, however only in volume form. Very tempted to buy it.

I'm pretty sure I broke some rules buying the Batman Beyond book thing. Ah well, time to go read!