Skullgirls

supplice.

to me it feels a step above mvc3, a little below mvc2 (with a unorthodox playstyle)

not as technical because timing is never less than 2 frames of input

balance is great (cuz theres only 8 characters... hopefully future DLC)

online play is smooth as butter.

people that play fighting games casual (with basic knowledge of cancels, strings, links etc.) can probably pick this game up and play it with ease after spending some time with the lab

also love the feature where you can choose to run a team of 1, 2 or 3

1 v 2's and 1 v 3's still workout and the battles usually take you down evenly to low health for a epic finale

Edited by supplice.

What is the balance tradeoff to play 1, 2, or 3 character teams? In CvS2, it was always better to play with three characters. The HP advantage was essential.

hp scaling

a one character team you would have 100% health

a 2 character team would run 50% health each (life bars full of course, just scaled)

3 character teams = 33.33% (estimated they might just be a flat 34% they seem to die quicker)

so basically if you are beastlike with 3 characters the tradeoff is very low health, but you can regain red health by tagging, teams also get to do assists for more devastating combos. but they can also get hit when theyre doing an assist for more damage

2 character teams are usually what people run, so you can have assists, tagging for regen and switching to lay off pressure.

1 man teams are just basically for people that like one character and can beast with them against any character, also if the other party agrees it gives you guys the option to 1 v 1, 2 v 2 or 3 v 3

Edited by supplice.

Get it. My friends do the voices for the characters. That alone is reason enough to buy it.

Haha, nice.

I got it last night and while I didn't get to play it much it was pretty fun. I don't care much for how you have to download a .pdf from their website to get the movelist, but it doesn't destroy the game, just kind of inconvenient.

Ms Fortune is awesome, and that's from someone who hates stupid puns.

Edited by Griffon

^Ms Fortune has disgusting damage output, but if her heads on the floor and both the body and the head get hit you receive fucktons of damage. shit hurts

love Peacock, her zoning game is so fun and can really play keep away. other then that i dont really use anyone else. Although im starting to think Cerebella is in her own tier level now (god not shit).

trying to find a good system for Painwheel but a lot of her moves seem too unsafe. Hate Parasoul, everyone else is meh. Valentine is a good assist character, trying to find her potential.

this is all my opinions from my experience of fighting games. havent watched videos and dont really care to go on a community board and discuss. this is all i gathered from playing online and with my brother.

can go into detail if a lot of people are playing this and want to discuss tactics/strategies/characters/etc.

You must not believe in shift keys.

I Do, Why? Does It Bother You? Are You Grading My Paper? I Dont Care About Grammar And Punctuation. See What I Did Here?

I dont believe in apostrophes. just quotes.

I always capitalize I though, proper nouns also. my name doesnt count

if you need a reason my KPM is 700 and my WPM is around 140, using correct grammar and punctuation my KPM would drastically drop to around the 400-500's.

id rather just type things up fast, its not like you cant understand me right? i think its a habit from playing CS for a long time and i used to type while rushing.

ive always typed like this, dont know why it bothers you now. assuming that you are roar stones from old aco.

Edited by supplice.

love Peacock, her zoning game is so fun and can really play keep away. other then that i dont really use anyone else.

Peacock is damn frustrating. Feels like fighting Arakune with infinite curse. Come to think of it, I might like her if thats the case.

Man, Painwheel is tricky. I can't seem to do much with her at all, let alone combos.

I have however discovered the incredibleness that it Parasoul. Napalm Pillar!

ya painwheel is all about her fly mode air cancels imo, can be devastating but seems very technical.

especially with the fact that her normals can be charged and you can OTG her grab

you can OTG her qcf+lk in the corner for some hefty combos, shes really a meter builder and her spacing has to be super precise for maximum damage output

still cant use parasoul to her full potential (charge combos make my brain scrobbly lol)

• 1 year later...