Competitive Banlist

Barilzar

At some point later on, people will be moving away from Conquest. Myself and other members of the online community have been composing a ban list to create a fun competitive environment until patches get released.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ban explanations:

HRJ bans: The reasoning behind bans of HRJ legs is their stability. It enhances the performance of any weapon that is placed on them, making it difficult to damage race on legs that are not HRJ.

Narva/Svir ban: Similar to HRJ legs, these also great enhance the performance of weapons.

Pulse Cannons: You can easily destroy an opposing tank with one pulse cannon and no energy amp in seconds, regardless of their 2500+ TE defense. Outside of tanks, it is required to squat to shoot and regardless of mid-weight legs getting the defense boost, it is still easy to dismantle said player.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a competive WIP Ban-List:

Frame Parts:

HRJ Legs:

KT-2N3/Putuo

KT-2n2/Wutain

Morena LG15

Cantabrica LG19

Arms:

KT-4S2/Svir

KT-4S2/Svir2

KT-4S3/Narva

KT-4S3/Narva2

Weapons:

Dual Gats

USG-23/H

USG-23 Geneva

Flash Rockets

Pulse Cannons (Tanks only)

KO3K2

Zinnia SG54

Restricted: KO-2H6/Strekoza (Only one placement on an AC)

Clans/Teams that comply to these bans:

Xbox 360:

SUNN (U.S.)

Eclipse Raven (U.S.)

PS3:

M.A.R.S (U.S.)

Edited by Barilzar

If you choose not to comply with the list, but no. USG and Geneva are banned all together. Outside of that, you can pair one of the non banned gats with another weapon. Banning duals is to encourage more creative designs.

so no gats whatsoever and outside of organized play i can use them or even with the ban list a gat with another weapon is allowed? like a usg with a 3k2 or zinnia

not saying that will be my build or anything, just trying to see the full rules of the ban list

edit my bad i just got it lol

i forget theirs other gats besides the usg :angry:

Edited by supplice.

If the idea of this is to promote diversity, you should probably actually promote diversity.

Instead of a "banned" list, make it a "restricted" list. Each AC can waive one (and ONLY one) restriction.

Include ALL dual-wielding of the same weapon class (not just the same specific weapon, so Moonlight/Utica or Strekoza/Lotus would be restricted combinations). Add all the "suspect" weapons and parts to the list as well. Also, EN Amps should be on the restricted list. Dual shoulders as well.

After testing, if there turns out to be an item that's still overpowered enough that everyone gravitates towards it over the other restrictions, that can be banned for real.

This way, diversity is promoted by removing the ability to COMBINE broken parts to make the cookie cutter builds we're currently seeing.

It's a little more complex, but I think it's a better way.

Glad this is being put together, now I just have to find an outlet capable of organizing battles that follow these regs. Also, no ban on any pulse shotty's? Those seem pretty damn broken, especially in anything more than 1v1. Also what about the dual 4 shot Karasawas? Those are fucked up, maybe limit to one only?

Glad this is being put together, now I just have to find an outlet capable of organizing battles that follow these regs. Also, no ban on any pulse shotty's? Those seem pretty damn broken, especially in anything more than 1v1. Also what about the dual 4 shot Karasawas? Those are fucked up, maybe limit to one only?

Pulse shotties are mean, but one shot drains all of your energy. Also, they will literally do nothing to an opponent with TE defense.

Karasawas are easy to deal with. Just cover whore till their out of ammo with it.

List has been finished.

SUNN will be hosting free battle rooms with 'Bans Enforced" in the comment section.

Edited by Barilzar

• 2 weeks later...
Also, are there any PSN chat rooms for teams who abide by these rules? If not, can we start one? It's hard enough dealing with random people who join your room and keep coming back after you kick them. It's also harder to get your point across when you have to kick everyone that enters the room because all they care about is winning a battle that gains them nothing.

PSN chat rooms are only up for as long as the host's PS3 is on, assuming they don't close the chat when done to begin with. And honestly, it's rarely about having fun anymore... always, the business,serious it is. Edited by Cassandra

Rapid fire, no shot spread, high damage. Throw it on a HRJ tuned to power, all you have to do is clip an opposing player and their down a third of their AP. On a biped, just tune it to rapid fire to get the same effect.

Try it out and see for yourself. It's becoming more common than the gats are.

Can I use my dual bay handguns?

Oxeye- HG25 - The high powered single-shot one with high impact force

UHC - 22/A Provo "Noob" - the rapid fire one that looks like an Uzi

Its a dual handgun combo, but they two different weapons [variety]

OT I'll comply about the HRJ legs since they ARE awfully good. I can deal with changing to Medium-Bipedal.

I am not soo sure about the arms, though, because that takes a steamy **** on anyone wanting to use snipers and laser rifles for long range: won't you miss every shot?

-No Flash Rockets

-I understand the heavy ban on the shotguns.

-Completely banning Pulse Cannons on tank may cripple them. Even with them, there is always the possibility of them getting isolated by the faster ACs... Its the best tool for beating the most mobile of ACs, they will get wrecked and get pile drivered mercilessly. Pulse Guns don't shoot nearly as fast. (Personally, with my fast AC and Optical Chaff and handguns, I can pin them down and knock them down in no time, even if they got dual Pulse Cannons).

BTW @ OP with Karasawas (or the VERY high powered Laser Rifles) I am pretty sure you can cancel your shot by switching to scan mode, thus a smart player can take his time and chose his shot, thus he won't run out of ammo as soon as you imply.

One more thing...

Instead of banning those RHJ legs, why not ban specific head pieces?

HRJ bans: The reasoning behind bans of HRJ legs is their stability. It enhances the performance of any weapon that is placed on them, making it difficult to damage race on legs that are not HRJ.

Narva/Svir ban: Similar to HRJ legs, these also great enhance the performance of weapons.

Most of the stability and recoil resistance comes from the head units not the legs themselves.

@||Lunatic|| : because head parts do nothing but lock-on and scan. anyway, what head(s) that you specific to banned?

also I think unbanned for NARVA/NARVA2 and banned ILMENAU/ISARI instead for arms.

Siegfried HD33 (CE resist series) has a very noticable impact on Recoil Resistance since it has alot of "stability computation". Head pieces DO play a role in determining your recoil resistance (stability seems to stay around 1k+ with all ACs regardless of what is on it).

Not sure about some of these bans, seems like the intention is to build the competitive scene around L/M-Bipedal by banning the best HRJ legs, banning the most accurate arms (snipers need these, did you forget some arms btw?), and completely banning Pulse Cannons on Tanks. Why not:

-Set a maximun cap/limit on Recoil Resistance for HRJ ACs, that way lowering your Recoil Resistance only requires a change in the head piece. I feel that is a better approach then just banning the best legs (many ppl may scrap HRJ all-together).

-Limit Tanks to 1 Pulse Cannon. 1 amp max.

I'm reworking the list with the help of other notable AC players. Right now some of the bans are bad.

Yes, I'm aware that heads affect fire rate as well, but its the HRJs are problematic due to combination of its defense, speed, stability, and load. They simple outclass mid-weights in every way.

I'm reworking the list with the help of other notable AC players. Right now some of the bans are bad.

Yes, I'm aware that heads affect fire rate as well, but its the HRJs are problematic due to combination of its defense, speed, stability, and load. They simple outclass mid-weights in every way.

Their altitude control is quite ridiculous. If you specify that, then I'd be more than happy to agree on the ban to the best HRJ legs. I've already switched up to M/H - Bipedal Acs

Edited by llLunaticll