Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

buffed thrusting swords is so sik sunlight blade estoc pokes is like 300 and you can stick for like 4-5 in a row combo

brutal

if I had to pick a single strongest style so far it's rebel/havel greatshield users with halberds or any long powerful wewapon (gaxe gclub) and avelyn backup

shit is just plain strong

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drakekeeper axe is wild long, cresent axe is wild long too

I forget which other ones are long, I know lion greataxe and bandit greataxe are fucking trash

both the axes I mentioned have diff swings too

cresent axe has like same moveset as ds1 bkga

its funny how in this game you can't know how a specific weapon does until you use it cuz nothing shares same swings even in the same category

dragonkeeper gaxe has decent range and then of course theres bkga and crescent

and ya buffed espada ropera pretty much makes spears and lances obsolete

nah lances are good because they are strength based spears at least so you can turtle with them safely without wasting points on dex

and turtling is already strongest style so far (like most games lol)

is espada ropera longer than estoc? I haven't seen one yet

espada ropera is shorter estoc but it has E/A scaling instead of B/D. its also got 140 counter damage instead of 120, but you do lose the estoc slash on R2 in exchange for a buckler parry

espada ropera is better enchanted tho because you get a 161/161 split instead of a 147/147 split for damage, meaning the enchant buff will go even farther since its +50 +30%

great lance can be found in memory of orro. at the top of the stairs where the 2 giants are smashing the undead soldiers, the very back wall has this giant wheel mechanism thingy. you gotta whack a stick off of the back end of the wheel thing in order for a platform to drop down the ledge. youll see the platform down the ledge and you gotta land on that platform and then run jump into the small room thats next to it to get the lance.

fk it heres a vid

in terms of stats, its only marginally better than chariot lance

at 40/40

-GL 445 AR, 12 WT

-CL 432 AR +169 bleed, 16 WT

Seems to be true. However also seems as though the SM range gets higher the higher SM you have. Ultimately what it does mean is there's no reason to develop a specific metagame around a soul level for pvp purposes-- in other words level away.

I wish it wasn't like this though, really. Fightclubs are fun.

Well for one thing stuck with dudes with similarly high sm's who did not stop leveling at a certain point. This current system is completely ridiculous, I can't play with the people I want, and the thought of builds with overwhelmingly high stats across the board running does not sound cool at all. I'm about to hit sl 120 and have spent time considering how I'm going to distribute points with my soul vessel, only now I'm thinking whats the point?

Anyways, game said it will be undergoing maintenance April 1st.

Only time I got to play with a specific person was once with Owen and that was it. That was one of the most entertaining parts of the game so far, I never thought it would turn out to be a hassle to meet up with people. Instead we all have to contend with the megamules in private.

Everybody and their Megamules be shitting on the one good redeeming quality that the SM system offered: inability to grieve on new guys at the lowest levels. Now there's literally not one good thing that SM introduces to the game-- it's all severely negative.