Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of god there's nothing in there that's spoiling your game. The IGN's behind the scenes footage has more in there that would spoil your game than the QA video. He's talking strictly questions that deal with mechanics for the most part: How's the travel system? How's the movement? How is dual wielding? How is the difficulty? Etc. Edited by POSTER X

I think the travel system sounds great, and I like the apparent thought process behind a lot of the stuff. Even some of the really small details sound neat.

He did talk about at least one character a little too much though. He may have no idea what the deal is with it, but you gotta be careful with that shit. :wiggle:

• 2 weeks later...

hey clones! Sorry noone is talking in this thread I think almost everyone is talking through other means this time around (acu chat/fb/skype/etc)

I haven't beaten it yet still working my way through it. Are you playing online? We should play together unless you're too far ahead of me. Add me if you can.

I'm an Xbox guy whose PS3 is a bit... complicated to reach.

I was helping randoms out with some of the bosses as I progressed through the game, nice little soul pick me up if you would.

No need to apologize, I really should head onto ACU chat one of these days.

It's all I've been doing with what little free time I have ever since I got it last week. It's also my first souls game, and I am really liking it. Basically it's a culmination of all the things I've grown to love from some of my all-time favorite games, combining elements from each one. I feel a lot of Symphony of the Night (one of my most played games), it's pretty much like a really good post sotn style 3D Castlevania. Also I get my fill of Devil May Cry or Onimusha in the gameplay and difficulty. I love the decisive combat, learning patterns and timing, the enemies and bosses are all great, and of course all of the equipment and locations, and I love the non-linear elements in exploration. Can't wait to get into the pvp side of things, just working through the game atm.

Also a question, I read something about people stopping at a certain level, around 120/150??. I take it that its got to do with encountering players at an ideal level for pvp?

Edited by Nomrah

120/100 was true for the older souls games, but nobody knows how it's gonna pan out for this game. Nobody even knows how the soul memory will come into play with it either. You can get into the blue sentinals or be a bell tower protector for quick pvp, but it's not exactly ideal.

PvP soul levels were all about finding an area that forced at least a degree of specialization while still allowing for fully fleshed out builds. If you make it too high then everyone's character is good at everything and if it's too low then you're limiting access to some of the stronger weapons and spells in the game. SL120 was pretty much the sweet spot in Dark Souls. Idk what to think in Dark Souls 2 except I bet it'll be higher.

130 seems like a good spot to me

melee builds can get to 50/50 with 20/20/20 in vgr/end/vit and then toss around points for either more tank or more damage in str/dex

130 is also good for caster builds, since you can hit 60+ in either int or faith for spell requirements, or you can split 30/30 for hex/pyro, all while getting at least 20 in vgr/end/att/str/dex for weapons

people are saying 150 because they think adp does things, but it doesnt

Also a question, I read something about people stopping at a certain level, around 120/150??. I take it that its got to do with encountering players at an ideal level for pvp?

It's been ~SL120 forever and it's gonna be the same this game probably unless ADP does something, then its going up to ~150 prolly. That's my projection anyways.

I think ADP either is a worthless stat or AGI is bugged currently. It says it affects evasion but it doesn't seem to do shit.

That ring that inflicts damage on the other person when you take a hit is so bitch tier. It's not small damage either it's like 100-150hp per pop.

Thorn ring +2! Man everyone is gonna have to use that lol it's too good and it mercs fast weapon users

70% counter hahahahah

Now when you perfect someone and they say it was luck you can say "yeah it pretty much was!"

This ADP thing is a real bummer, here I was pumping ADP (it's at 29 right now) thinking I was making some agile Dante badass. Never imagined they would release the game allowing you to waste points in a bogus or severely underwhelming stat.

Although nob said there was respecs, that's good.

Also the game updated when I turned it on today, curious as to what that might entail.

EDIT: As far as details on ADP, I've seen the animation test comparing 3 ADP to 20 making your actions the slightest bit faster, but that doesn't confirm anything regarding possibly more invincibility frames during rolls. You can tell I want the stat to matter haha.

Edited by Nomrah

Apparently, you need to invest heavily into Adaptability for it to do anything. So the 3 to 20 comparison video may be useless. I've found multiple sources that the scaling for Adaptability does not match other stats; that you get more as you invest more. I don't see a reason to not believe it considering the game tells you what you're getting. The magic number seems to be 38. Either way, raising the PvP SL is going to allow guys to completely bypass Adaptability if they so choose and they'll be incredibly strong because their characters can use whatever they want. I think it's best if the community just ignores this stat. Having an extra 30+ levels to play with that potentially don't have to go into Adaptability is going to be dangerous. 130 seems perfectly reasonable to me with the addition of Vitality and the relationship Dark and Pyro has with the Faith/Intelligence stats. Edited by Rachis