Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

I did a really simple test a week aso ago testing 50% burden using only armor, using only weapons etc and got exact same frame numbers. Now it was a very limited test and there still could be some very small differences in stamina recovery because of different armor sets etc, but I think it's too small to be meaningful.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article is wrong in the rolling. I'm pretty sure rolling grants you a form of hyper-armor no matter your poise. I've rolled through attacks while poising them off with less than 20 poise before to roll BS people.

I will try to see if I can tank a dude's 1h katana with 61 poise while swinging my gyrm hammer. If I end up trading blows and getting staggered then fuck that article.

Edited by POSTER X

Yeah we were saying early on that the breakpoints are so high it's almost not even worth it to try and reach specific ones and that it was more important to either dodge or roll instead of hossing it out.

yeah that's mostly right but I think that last part is misleading a bit

hossing it has literally been shown to be the best way to do things so far hahahahaha

That article is wrong in the rolling. I'm pretty sure rolling grants you a form of hyper-armor no matter your poise. I've rolled through attacks while poising them off with less than 20 poise before to roll BS people.

I will try to see if I can tank a dude's 1h katana with 61 poise while swinging my gyrm hammer. If I end up trading blows and getting staggered then fuck that article.

idk if his links said it (I only looked at first one cuz I gotta go shower) but I think poise might just work different this time. Like no more poisebotting. It only means you don't get stunlocked. So like if you tried to get out of the hot seat you could still through a roll or w/e but you couldn't just ignore the swing like in ds1.

Honestly if that's how they did it that's genius and far superior to ds1 way.

I'm mainly noticing this because I remember just how hard it was to fight with 0 poise in ds1 and I'm not having any of the same issues here.

stunlocked as bad*

No those breakpoint numbers are the breakpoints for what it takes to tank a weapon and not get staggered it seems, a la Dark Souls 1.

There was a theory going around at one point that the higher your poise the sooner you could escape a 'stunlock,' but it seems you can roll out after 2-3 hits from any weapon in the game no matter your poise. Also likewise you get 'hyperarmor' during rolls as well, taking the damage but still continuing with your roll recovery animation.

Edited by POSTER X

Thanks for giving me all the great hammers fire infused nob. I now really like the Fire Malformed Skull. Its weight and strength requirement are really low for its damage output-- which basically matches Dragon Tooth and beats out every other great hammer-- even Great Club.

I now pretty much got a strength build mapped out at 125 to be:

36 vitality

20 endurance

35 vigor

40 strength

18 dexterity

18 adaptability (assuming I want it)

10 attunement

Ironclad helmet

Ironclad Armor

Havel gauntlets

Havel Leggings

Fire Malformed Skull, Chariot Lance, maybe something else (if I didn't go chariot lance I could save an additional 9 levels)

Blossom shield, Pyro hand, Heavy Crossbow

Flame weapon

Ring of Blades +2, Chloranthy +2, Third Dragon Ring, Royal Soldier's Ring +2

Flame Weapon malformed skull can do up to 900hp per swing and 2shot a lot of people, especially at 120-130 range where people have between 1500-2000hp. The only caveat is you have to get in relatively close to hit them-- preferably from rolling attack. Claymores and 2h katanas are hard to get in because you never know how many times they're gonna swing, and one hit will stun anything.

I had a look at the Tark pit in the shaded woods and I really do like its size and balcony-- I think it'd be a good place for an ACU fightclub. Of course we could switch up the place from time to time. I'm thinking good rules are no estus/life gems and possibly no corrosive stuff. Third Dragon Ring breaks pretty fast and many builds depend on it-- although I'd need concrete proof that that type of stuff absolutely shuts it down super fast though.

Edited by POSTER X