Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was one fkr in bob who had 99vgr full havels with havels gs in 1 hand and rebel shield in the other hand and all he did was backpedal and spam estus until the game time ran out which takes like 15 minutes holy fuck that guy

needless to say i did the same exact thing afterwards and got some great hatemail

Yes! great vid, too bad most of my fights I'm still fucking around with random gear, my drakewing ugs taking off double digits hahaha. Near the end I find my place with 2h estoc which is good. I've got my stuff figured out now, we should definitely do another sometime this weekend if not tonight.

Double K.O. !

nice bro all I do in there is lose hahahahaha fk

No way, I probably found your setup most difficult to deal with.

Edited by Nomrah

I need to stay away from arena, my 2 other characters are not even near being done! I also decided that the brotherhood of blood is the only covenant I like.

I'm gonna try to take a break from doing too much arena to level up other characters. At the very least, I should finally get the other rings I use to +2 also on my main file. At 3mil+ sm and doing arena, I should not be under equipped lol.

EDIT: Mike's set up took a big hit with that patch. From totally shitted on moonlight hard. If they wanted the sword nerfed, they should've done 1 nerf, not 2. The sword pre patch was annoying to deal with for me (when it was cmw buffed), but I didn't think it was broken.

Edited by Ethos

I got sonned a little earlier by a guy using the homing hex souls followed by a very, very fast cast grs that took off 1500 to me. I sidestep the homing souls and then roll towards him only to get blasted in the face so good haha. I wouldn't doubt his resonant washing pole would do 600hp to me either but I was already below 300hp so it couldn't do as much damage as it could.

If only the sound of the homing souls didn't mask the sound of the grs cast, then it'd be easier to tell when the hell they people are going to cast that shit.

Resonant santier's spear with mundane avelyn is pretty annoying too.

Anyways point is from's looking in all the wrong directions as far as balancing this game goes. What I'd like to see:

-lightning and dark defense brought up to magic and fire levels

-damage reduction to avelyn

-cast speed lengthened of great resonant soul

-1h greatsword class poise damage reduced to 76

-no mexicans or europeans

Btw some people on gamefaqs said they've been testing and they're saying that both soul level AND soul memory don't matter in either of the arenas.

Edited by POSTER X

in one of those matches i actually died to hex recoil and not PD hitting me and for the other matches i coudlnt use hexes when i was super low or i'd die

what time did this happen cuz I don't remember that I think all the fights are shown owen's video?

Btw some people on gamefaqs said they've been testing and they're saying that both soul level AND soul memory don't matter in either of the arenas.

I think that's not entirely true but I also think the ranges work differently in the arenas, reason being I fought someone with 2.2m SM, I'm still collecting the data tho, most ppl are answering which is good but I gotta start asking for SM too now to see if we can find anything worthwhile

a 2.2m when I was a 3.5m I mean

The reason I don't that's true is cuz I was asking but not recording whne I was in the 2m range and all my arena opponents were around same sl/sm

soul level definitely does not matter. I've been asking guys I get placed in arena what their soul levels are. Lowest I found was 130 and highest was 200 so far before I stopped asking. I distinctly remember there being a 173 also, and a bunch of 150.

I wouldn't mind avelyn damage staying where it's at so long as it didn't track so well. I mean, for now, I'll just deal with it.

nvm i rechecked it at 9:25 my memory is ass i straight died

on my SL838 500k SM mule i was fighting guys in bob that were running full drangleic and fat rolling meaning they couldnt have been higher than like SL100

one problem with avelyn is even if you decrease the tracking, it still doesnt stop it from hitting so consistently because you can delay the interval between shots by holding the fire button

santier spear is extremely easy to parry if you have the opportunity

I got sonned a little earlier by a guy using the homing hex souls followed by a very, very fast cast grs that took off 1500 to me. I sidestep the homing souls and then roll towards him only to get blasted in the face so good haha.

That's exactly what happened to me hours ago that I mentioned in chat. I agree on increasing casting time on grs, it's so fierce at closer ranges range.

Edited by Nomrah

grs is an extremely strong roll punish. its basically avelyn on roids. biggest disadvantage to using it at lower SLs is that you are extremely tight on points and ring slots, meaning you dont get hp stamina armor weapons defense poise or anything of the sort. anything above sl130 tho and you can run grs for virtually nothing

Personally, I think casting time is fine on grs. Everytime I have gotten hit by it, I always felt it was a result of something I did, not of how fast it was cast.

If we want everything nerfed, the player base will just gravitate toward the next thing. At that point, everyone will run all the same things and we'll get even less variety.

nah I definitely can't agree with you jose, grs is too good as is

consider this: nob in those videos with no rings was casting roughly 2x the speed of my spears and does up to 2x the damage and iirc he wasn't even using the strongest chime for grs

also consider that he punished me pressing the o button, that's not even a roll lol that's the little hop back, he punished THAT hahahahahaha and with no rings!

i'd say whoever you fought with it was just that stupid, you only need half a brain to get real results out of it

it's bscly faster than crystal spear and hits harder than sunlight spear but with more casts idk how that could be fair?

oh and I guess consider just how many ppl are getting by in the arena with only hexes, mainly cuz of grs spam

its not about wanting everything nerfed it's about getting rid of the stuff that's legitimately a problem, the game has obvious balance issues they managed to ignore completely in favor of targetting things that people decided to cry about

can't touch their precious katanas and hexes i guess

I'd be perfectly fine if they kept the amount of casts and damage the way it is, because after all I'd still want the threat of mages to be there. The cast speed when you build for it though is just ridiculous considering it's a free roll punish-- or backstep punish in Mike's case. I don't like when a guy can go up to me and swing his katana and force me to roll out of it, then hit me with an instant 1600hp worth of great resonant soul. The avelyn operates in the same way only it does 600hp. You can also combo into the avelyn tho (like so many people who use santier's spear 1h rolling into another r1 poke into avelyn-- it usually does around 1500-1800hp if the santier's spear is buffed.)

Either way if they do nerf it I think they should only nerf one aspect of it and not two aspects like they did with MLGS, which was classic From Software over balancing.

Edited by POSTER X

yeah bscly i don't care if its the best spell, i don't mind playing with a handicap cuz tiers are a reality of gaming but at the same time i dont like when something that basically renders playing the match pointless lol

i'll say what i been saying forever: grs just needs to cast slower

if it needs more after that THEN from should consider doing more, but not before trying that out first cuz they turned moonlight into a mid tier at best weapon when it was a top tier one

actually now that i think about it the fsun nerf would prolly be fine too just reduce its damage keep it same speed, might be better tbh cuz lol at 1538 for insta-cast