Armored Core: Verdict Day Discussion

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Souls II doesn't even have the director that made DeS and DkS a success, i feel like they're not taking it as seriously. I wonder if Miyazaki is working on this instead.

That's not entirely accurate. I believe I said this before, anything goes wrong with DSII it will because the overall team involved with the project was sleeping on the job while letting the new guys walk all over them. Including Miyazaki who still plays a supervisory role. Of course there is all the "creative licence they get but how far do you think they will let them go?

i dont know man. ACV wasnt an enourmous disappointment for me. I mean i wish they had a better story but i still had fun customizing my mech as usual like in all the past armored core series. When i saw ACV verdict day on AC.net page i was so excited that the story would possibly continue after the ACV ending. The AC from the promotion image looks bad a$$ too :wiggle:. Also since i am a fan of Last Raven, something tickled my interest when i saw some screen shots :ohttp://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z134/last0raven/011.jpg

If you look closely, doesnt that head piece look extremely similar to the CR-H06SR2 on the cascade ranger?

The CR-H06SR2 is my second favorite head part in the AC series. Im so excited and can't wait to put that on my mech :D

Right, I was referring to this, though:

This is no longer ac3 its pvp at a whole new level thus tactical abilities must be balanced as well winning with dool sidenbaums doesnt mean ur good or smart it means ur using top tier ask the meta

Im not its a different category this acv pvp is a whole new battlefield and way more complicated i love ac3 but thats an old game and and old way to look at a game there needs to be more consideration in balancing acv including tactics

Essentially I'm saying those games had a lot more higher-order thinking/planning/strategy/etc going on in them then he is giving them credit for, in high-level play anyways. Just because it's old doesn't necessarily mean it was "simple."

I can't speak on ACV much.

but you get the point

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't. Cover still played a huge role in the raven games, arguably moreso since you could still lock on through cover, making corner hugging and potshots a very common tactic, not even getting into vertical missiles in those games. Not saying cover doesn't play a role in ACV (I think the only game it didn't really was fA), but I think both games utilize cover equally. Differently maybe, but equally.

Edited by Griffon

in fa, use of cover is extremely powerful with high-ap acs and its basically the only way to make tanks work (coverwhore tanks are brutal though)

no one uses it tho because they have 2 much fun spamming infinite energy

I did come across a vid in which the finalists for some competition for AC4 were both tanks doing just that. That map with the big fuck off satellite arrays that couldn't be blown up.

Good point i guess all im saying is that the tactic is op and one that was not possible in some early ac games like ac3 but overall from soft should have taken the popshot tactic, the movement jammer tactic, and the tunnel troll tactic into consideration more and possibly made them harder to do because after all they are easy wins in the hands of anyone decent at the game plus when two tryhards are playing rock paper scissors counterbuilding and using these tactics the game is at its worst in my opinion... soooo annoying

Hopefully in ac verdict gimmicks wont play such a huge role making average players a challenge and better players so annoying perhaps then we would see more diversity than different variants of three concepts this is my opinion but as with all games it will have different things exploited to take away balance

Good point i guess all im saying is that the tactic is op and one that was not possible in some early ac games like ac3

I'll ask you to watch

from Last Raven please.

Now I haven't played ACV in a long time so maybe the potshots you're talking about are something different but the video shows that heavy use of cover and (what I know as) potshots were still very prevalent. Now the example shown in the video wasn't every match in those games as it depended on the map, but nobody back then would consider it "cheap" or "OP".

Good point i guess all im saying is that the tactic is op and one that was not possible in some early ac games like ac3 but overall from soft should have taken the popshot tactic, the movement jammer tactic, and the tunnel troll tactic into consideration more and possibly made them harder to do because after all they are easy wins in the hands of anyone decent at the game plus when two tryhards are playing rock paper scissors counterbuilding and using these tactics the game is at its worst in my opinion... soooo annoying

Lol movement jammer tactic?

I was hoping they'd go on and bridge the gap in armor strength but the stats on one of the screenshots tells me otherwise. Having 3 armor and weapon types is cool but having that drastic difference in effectiveness is blatant ludicracrosity.

I was hoping they'd go on and bridge the gap in armor strength but the stats on one of the screenshots tells me otherwise. Having 3 armor and weapon types is cool but having that drastic difference in effectiveness is blatant ludicracrosity.

Agreed.

Yes the ease of movement jammer gat or gat turret is comparable to the ease of pop shotting and to think it is inventive is a horrible misunderstanding

As for griffin that is not the same as the cqc sniping i am talking about obviously the limitations of sniping in that game or ac3 is completely different than acv where you can carry duel sidenbaums rivaling some cannons in a mw or lw and move at ridiculous speeds in a mw you can pair it with dool lotus to cover scissors and rock for you to completely understand i will post a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-hdXjxW4A&feature=youtube_gdata_player this is the best i can do for now but the speed speaks for itself in this the snipers dont weigh down this hwbp at all

Sorry you cannot see his blue lock due to the match being recorded from operator mode

4:07 is a perfect example

Edited by CELTICMUTT7

Yes the ease of movement jammer gat or gat turret is comparable to the ease of pop shotting and to think it is inventive is a horrible misunderstanding

Hilarious, the only thing the jammer combo is good for is killing tanks, after that its all based on positioning and luring your opponents into the the jammer.

If your getting beat by it, then your just fucking shitty.

This is so dumb.

People calling FA button mashing, sorry you were shitty at the game.

People calling pop shotting snipers OP, you need to realize that snipers can't handle pressure worth shit and that pop shotting is very far from OP. Once again, sorry you're shitty at the game.

People.....well Celtic...saying jammers are OP....you know what, you shouldn't even be allowed to reproduce..

Edited by x J L e W