Armored Core: Verdict Day Discussion

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bite your tongue boy. I love both games, but AC2 blows Majora's Mask out of the water.

Gonna disagree with you on that one Pendragon. I love AC2 as well, it was the game that got me hooked on the series in the first place. But the thing is, to me, there's a difference between what I'd call a "great game" and what I'd call my "favorite game". If you asked me what I thought were the greatest games, I'd tell you Shadow of the Colossus, Portal 1&2, Super Metroid, and Tetris. Yet in spite of that, Armored Core 3 plus Silent Line remain my favorite game(s). While the other four are amazing gaming experiences that I think everyone should play, AC3 is pretty niche-specific and I recognize that while it was everything the doctor ordered for me it's certainly not for everyone. In this regard, if given the choice to play AC2 or Majora's Mask, I'd pick AC2, but I'd still say that Majora's Mask is by far the better game.

HEY GRIFFON HOW WAS THE HD EDITION OF SOTC? I STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET BUT I WAS THINKING ABOUT PONYING UP THE DOUGH FOR IT

BEEN AVOIDING IT MAINLY BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THROWING AWAY TOO MUCH TIME ON VIDEO GAMES WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT HAPPENS ANYTIME I PLAY A GOOD ONE

Pretty damn good IMO. Did you play it originally on the PS2? If not then get it for certain, it's a game not to be missed. If you did, then it can be skipped since it is still the same game, but the textures are sharper, the framerate is significantly improved, and there's trophies. I don't normally care about trophies but in this case it adds some replay value by giving you some more things to do. Plus it comes with Ico, which, while it doesn't stack up compared to Colossus, is still a very good game in it's own right.

If you've already played SotC, I'd still recommend it, and if you haven't, GET IT NOW.

YEAH I PLAYED THEM BOTH

HONESTLY ICO HAD A BIGGER IMPACT ON ME. IT CHANGED HOW I LOOKED AT VIDEO GAMES. I'M NOT SO SURE I'D SAY SOTC IS BETTER MAINLY OUT OF RESPECT FOR ICO BUT I MEAN BOTH GAMES CHANGED EVERYTHING SO THERE YOU HAVE IT

SORTA LIKE HOW I CAN'T GIVE YOU AN HONEST ANSWER ON WHAT'S BETTER OUT OF MAJORA'S MASK, LINK TO THE PAST, AND OCARINA OF TIME

I THINK I LIKE LINK TO THE PAST THE MOST BUT I'M NOT GONNA SAY IT'S BETTER THAN THE OTHER TWO

I GET WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM THO MY GUY GOOD LOOKS

I MIGHT NEED TO GET THAT FUCKING HD EDITION I HAVEN'T PLAYED EITHER GAME SINCE THEY CAME OUT ON PS2 BUT THOSE ARE THE KINDS OF GAMES THAT TOTALLY OPEN YOUR MIND UP AND GIVE YOU INSPIRATION

DEFINITELY WORTH REVISITING

IMMA SEE WHAT'S UP REGARDING THAT HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND THE TIME AND MONEY TO GET ON THAT SHIT

No one gives a fuck about your opinion anyways.

I got HD version of SotC and ICO. I say it's worth it to me since my friend lost SotC after I loaned it to him. That and, as you said, it's the kind of game that opens your mind. I still haven't gotten around to playing ICO but I try and play SotC like once a year.

I have a question about grinding guns...

So if you are fighting solo with your AI pilots, I think you get 4 or 5, and you want to have a good guns, I would assume you will have to grind good guns for every AI you use. Which would mean 4 or 5 times the amount of grinding!!!

Or do you grind one gun and get to use it for all AIs?

My other question has to do with dieing when you are fighting with AIs...

Let's say you die before your AIs do, do you then get to control the next AI or do you watch the battle until all the AIs die?

Does Anyone know?

I think I remember hearing that you won't need to grind guns anymore, so I don't think that'll be an issue.

As for dying, I'll assume the AIs will have to finish the job while you watch. I wouldn't chalk it up to a lost cause though, from what I understand the AIs can be programmed to be quite capable, IF you know what you're doing.