Bloodborne

Clones

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue that's it's better then Demon's Souls and Dark Souls II for sure. For Dark Souls it's close, but I don't think it can match it. It's shorter though, that's for sure.

But Chalice Dungeons are fun for the most part. Albeit repetitive considering the general layout has been the same so far. They're nice and short though. Also they have illusory walls.

Edited by Clones

The Chalice Dungeons seem like a brilliant idea tbh especially cuz u can co-op in them and guides don't necessarily work on them

idk if this is better than any of those games (well its better than ds2 anyways everything is; ds2 is ac tier lol) but i like the game so far a lot

that's all i got to say on it, anything else would be a waste of your time and mine and prolly end up being wrong in another week or month anyways

also ds and ds1 are wild short once you actually know how to get through them; u can do ds runs end to end while finding all treasure in 7 hours without really pushing it, and ds1 i think is around the same but i forget

Yeah. But personally I feel in this case, shorter is better cause nothing feels stretched out or half finished (I'm looking at you Lost Izalith.) The areas are tight and the transitions between them feel natural.

But yeah, another week or more and we'll be wrong.

I really liked lost izalith. That 'certain feel' came across pretty solid for me. It could have been bigger though, especially cause parts of the city were walled off. That would be one thing I hate in any game. "Look at all this shit you can't explore/purposefully undeveloped."

the roots were kinda poorly done through Iza so you get stepping issues, also the layout for the city wasn't too good because it felt even smaller than it looked, also i don't remember any part of it being walled off, i think what we saw was what it was

checking these videos and maps is confirming what i remember too

also the underpart of it was boring too

compared to the rest of the game it was very underwhelming to me, prolly the map i like the least in the game

Comparing this to Demon's Souls is hard, because being on a newer console and being 6 years newer and also being Miyazaki's 3rd game in the series (so he's had time to polish his ideas and mechanics and explore further upon them), this game is easily technically better than Demon's Souls, but Demon's Souls was also a pioneer in what it did for its time. It's also funny that even tho it came out before Dark Souls and with way less publicity prior to its launch, and with only being a PS3 exclusive, Demon's Souls still sold more copies than Dark Souls II.

I don't like the Chalice Dungeons in this game at all, I think they're rather weak. It feels like I'm moreso exploring a Skyrim dungeon than a Souls dungeon, because they're not specifically designed like a Souls level where every single detail is taken into consideration, so they come across as feeling empty.

So far my fav levels in this game have been Forbidden Woods and Central Yharnam. Central Yharnam is probably my fav still. The way Forbidden woods loop back into Central Yharnam is cool too.

I'm enjoying this game for the most part, but the lack of lots of armor and weapons as well as lack of difficulty are its weakest aspects to me.

Edited by DANTONIO THE DEMON

Even though I have not played it yet, one thing that bothers me about Bloodborne is that its assortment of weapons seems pretty limited. You could try and make the argument that they were going for quality over quantity with transforming weapons that fit multiple roles rather than multiple "clones" of the same weapon, but personally I don't see it as a necessary sacrifice in this case. Out of the handful of weapons available in Bloodborne a majority of these types were present in previous souls games just with much more variety and options to suit your preference both aesthetically and gameplay wise, let alone giving you more incentive for exploration. For example the Holy Blade in Bloodborne, you got your standard straight sword and greatsword in one, but in previous games you had a wide variety of options when it came to both straight swords and greatswords, why couldn't they do something similar with bloodborne? Why not make multiple variations of the Holy Blade concept with their own unique appearances and attributes? Same with Hunter Axe, you got your basic hand axe and then a halberd type alternate form, dks2 has 8 hand axes and 14 halberds, all with completely unique appearances and fair enough variety in statistics. I could do this with just about all of the weapons, you got the Bloodborne katana, but in dks2 you get 8 katanas to choose from. The quality vs quantity tradeoff just doesn't add up. The guns are a cool addition, although Bloodborne restricts your freedom to offhand weapons, cutting out that much more creativity. The game still looks great, the change in combat pace is something I'd be into and the visual direction is really well done, but I find the lack of options hard to ignore considering the fact that weapon variety is a main draw for me. Bloodborne kind of seems like everyone plays as the same dude running around. Edited by Nomrah