Destiny

Rachis

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether I get this or not depends on how much can be played offline, I think. I get what they're trying to do with it, but I still want to have that single player experience option too.

http://gamerant.com/...ne-requirement/

Destiny [...] cannot be played without an Internet connection.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't give a fuck about the beta progress. The always online thing is bullshit though I don't know my next course of action on this.

I mean on principle I don't want to get the game but I enjoyed the shit out of it and losing one sale isn't going to make them change their minds so idk.

the only power you command is through your money

if the juice isn't worth the squeeze to you fuck them don't buy their orange

even if they won't notice what matters is they never got your money for something you weren't okay with

otherwise if u are fk it then suck it up and get the game

that's how i see it anyways

even if they won't notice what matters is they never got your money for something you weren't okay with

Word that's what I'm getting at. You cleared my mind.

If more and more games get like that i will be sad.

That's the problem I have with it, yeah. I'd hope for Mass Effect 3 ending level outcry but it's not something stupid and superficial so it's probably not going to happen.

I'm just gonna play it by ear.

I see a future with the internet as its foundation as one with a dead end (and yes, I do think we are going that way, and yes, I do think we need a slight change of course). That applies to more than gaming. With regards to gaming itself, I will say that if every new release ended up as an $80 purchase that took more out of my ability to play the game whenever I wanted (internet outages are a thing, and oddly enough, I usually play games to pass the time during them), I'd quit entirely and probably (...definitely) be better for it.

But that's taking this far too seriously for the time being.

I intend to play this game. Someone will probably (almost certainly) be selling it used 2-5 days after release. If not I'll figure it out later. I ain't gonna fkn plan my life around this haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny is an MMO. The always online thing is a given. If it was any other genre game then I would agree with your sentiment on the always online is bs, but in this case it's just the nature of the beast.

There will always be a game after your heart Ata.

I don't agree with the MMO tag based on what I played. I mean, I guess it applies under certain conditions, but for the most part I saw perfectly serviceable story missions that could have had adaptive difficulty levels much like other games (e.g. Borderlands) have had. With the division in game styles it had, I don't mind being locked out of certain aspects if I'm not online, as is the case with ACVD for example. Obviously I didn't see the whole game, but if most story missions follow the trend they did in the beta (which would make sense), then always online is never going to not seem goofy to me.

The same could be said of any MMO really. It's just not that strong of an argument. Sure it feels far more accessible than a traditonal MMO, but it is what it is. The retail game is supposed to incorporate a lot more instances that will have entire fire squads joining your game rather than just 3 random dudes and it's all supposed to be a seamless transition between those instances and you doing your thing. Could this game work without all of that? Absolutely and I understand why it bothers you. However, Bungie is putting a lot of work into a seemingly integral system to their vision of this game.

This ain't Halo bra.

I'm not defending Bungie at all with my statements. I'm defending what the game was advertised to be from what you're expecting it to be. I'm really not trying to be a dick about it either. I'm not going to say anything else on the matter though. Facts are facts.