ACU 3S VSGC Fall 2014 Tournament

Harakiri Tiger

Please remember to PM ME YOUR CHARACTER ORDERS for this round of the VSGC. If you intend to use your characters in the order that they are listed in the original post then you may ignore this message. If I'm not there, you may instead PM Fukei in chat with your character order just before your match starts. Just be sure to PM it.

It will be announced in chat at the beginning of your match. This way you can't preplan your super orders to counter what someone else decided on, but you'll know what you're up against once the match is about to start.

Good luck!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my first ever Third Strike tournament 10 years ago at some anime convention, my first opponent was a girl dressed as chun-li, playing as chun-li, and her boyfriend was dressed as Ryu. I was using Makoto, but we were both equally noobish, and she won by a sliver of health. Good times.

My last local tournament was like 6 or 7 years ago, same anime convention{I only go for the game tournaments} and I made it to semi-finals, only to get taken out by a bad@$$ dudley, and I was at my best game back then.

It was apparently too difficult for me to show someone some replays without messing up, so he didn't have them all recorded. Elena vs. Alex is missing, I think. I kept everything saved just in case, so we'll probably fix that tonight. Edited by Fukei
Alex* Unparalleled levels of fail.

Betting for the next week of fights (Round 2W/Round 1L) will begin tomorrow. I will total up payouts for this round of fights and post the changes in the Aspie Coins topic tonight. Please remember that if you are under 500mt you will be refilled to 500mt. If you haven't joined in on the betting yet, you should. Anyone can start betting at any time, you don't have to wait for a brand new tournament to start.

Also, I will be pushing the tournament fight days to fri/sat/sun instead of mon/tue/wed since it seems some people can't make it on weekdays very easily. Next round of fights will start on Friday the 24th of October. About 1 week from now. After that, the tournament will likely pick up pace a good bit with semi-finals and finals having only a couple days between matches instead of whole weeks.

Okay, finally starting to get things caught up. All four fights of the first round have been uploaded to youtube. Please enjoy~

:mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dctUT76aSQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id3KgKpAZ7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-yATnDppyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIPK9JHiJQ

Why the hell we waiting until next weekend and not this weekend. Given your current pace now there's a real good chance I won't be available for the matches after that. The schedules of your tournaments never make any sense. Edited by Top Notch Penis

Because nob/shory is complaining about not being able to play on weekdays. If you can't make it for next round fri/sat/sun, then we can probably squeeze you in sometime between the 20th and 28th, since all those days are fine for matches. Either way it can't be done on this weekend because people need at least two days betting time. Earliest we could do your match is this Sunday if we really rushed it.

If it's necessary that you do it on this Sunday then we can do that as long as Nomrah is available as well.

We'll just have to wait for you then, no biggie. After that we can pick up pace.

-----

Next round of matches (Round 2 Winners/Round 1 Losers) will be done over a three day spread between October 24th and 26th, preferably all on the 24th if possible.

The most convenient time to have matches would be between 8pm and midnight (central time) of the 24th. Please show up in ACU chat during that time and we can get you in as soon as the chance arises.

However, matches can be done any time it's convenient for you during those days. Simply PM a referee here on the forum with your available hours and we'll work to make the matches fit your schedule. It is possible to do the matches after or before the three day spread, but it is not preferred since that won't allow proper time for betting to take place on the next round of matches. Either way, don't hesitate to PM us with any match timing concerns you may have.

:mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt:

Betting is open for the next round of the VSGC, you may place bets on matches in Round 2W/1L. You may use the betting topic to place your bets or you can PM them to me, though public betting is preferred.

IMPORTANT BETTING INFORMATION REGARDING THIS VSGC TOURNAMENT

Remember that you can not bet on your opponent if you are participating in the tournament. Also remember that the safety net refreshes after each week of matches. New betters only have 1000mt to bet on these four matches, older members of the Aspie Coins Unlimited group have whatever money they have earned.

You must place your bets on all of these matches before the 24th. Bets will be accepted up to midnight central time of the 23rd. Bet withdrawal is only legal up to four hours before that, so 8pm central on the 23rd. In other words, you may add to your bet after 8pm or place a new bet but you can not withdraw a bet after that period.

Please remember that betting is for fun and doesn't actually reward any real prize. Have fun with it, do crazy stuff.

The Round 2W fights and their participants:

• SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD vs ShoryShory
  • Nomrah vs Top Notch Penis

The Round 1L fights and their particpants:

• Exorcet vs Fukei
  • Fragrant vs facebataraxis

• 2 weeks later...

Betting for the next week of fights (Round 3W/Round 2L) will begin tomorrow. I will total up payouts for this round of fights and post the changes in the Aspie Coins topic tonight. Please remember that if you are under 500mt you will be refilled to 500mt. If you haven't joined in on the betting yet, you should. Anyone can start betting at any time, you don't have to wait for a brand new tournament to start.

All four fights of the second round have been uploaded to youtube. Please enjoy~

:mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-SCIBeTyN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0soFdVNNbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyAI1k0NhdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47GEeu4ePC0

Next round of matches (Round 3 Winners/Round 2 Losers) will be done over a three day spread between October 31st and November 2nd.

The most convenient time to have matches would be between 8pm and midnight (central time) of the 31st. Please show up in ACU chat during that time and we can get you in as soon as the chance arises.

However, matches can be done any time it's convenient for you during those days. Simply PM a referee here on the forum with your available hours and we'll work to make the matches fit your schedule. It is possible to do the matches after or before the three day spread, but it is not preferred since that won't allow proper time for betting to take place on the next round of matches. Either way, don't hesitate to PM us with any match timing concerns you may have.

:mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt: :mt:

Betting is open for the next round of the VSGC, you may place bets on matches in Round 3W/2L. You may use the betting topic to place your bets or you can PM them to me, though public betting is preferred.

IMPORTANT BETTING INFORMATION REGARDING THIS VSGC TOURNAMENT

Remember that you can not bet on your opponent if you are participating in the tournament. Also remember that the safety net refreshes after each week of matches. New betters only have 1000mt to bet on these matches, older members of the Aspie Coins Unlimited group have whatever money they have earned.

You must place your bets on all of these matches before the 31st. Bets will be accepted up to midnight central time of the 30th. Bet withdrawal is only legal up to four hours before that, so 8pm central on the 30th. In other words, you may add to your bet after 8pm or place a new bet but you can not withdraw a bet after that period.

Please remember that betting is for fun and doesn't actually reward any real prize. Have fun with it, do crazy stuff.

The Round 3W fights and their participants:

• SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD vs Nomrah

The Round 2L fights and their particpants:

• Top Notch Penis vs Fukei
  • ShoryShory vs Fragrant