Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Considering it's gonna be the poster AC of the game, I assume they don't wanna spoil it until later on in development.

It was the poster AC, but that was a long time ago and a lot has changed. Considering they've still been showing the same AC without it several times, I would say it's very likely scrapped.

Edited by Griffon

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely possible. I don't mind either way. Chainsaws are cool but I've always been more about bright explosions and fireballs. Solid or energy based, makes no difference to me!

Unless you're saying its an explosion generating chainsaw. Then I may get up in arms about it.

It basically is a Kojima Cannon. All the OW's are essentially just Kojima weapons that require potshotting to hit. They're not exactly something I like in concept, but they're cool looking and they'll probably help draw people in.

The underlined text is a link to a picture, Griff. I made up the name, though. Haha.

Oh it's not a pic that confirmed it. It was some article with Nabeshima talking about how the OW's are still in the game but they're not a major focus of it anymore. Same article is where it mentioned that they're basically teamwork based potshot weapons that can't hold their own in a 1v1. It's probably one of the links in the AC5 summary topic we have. Idk which one, tho.

EDIT: Found it.

This means features that were announced last year, but never fully detailed, are included. The new "Overed Weapons" system is still in the game, said Nabeshima, but rather than being one of the main elements, which was the case at last year's announcement, it's just one additional feature. The volume has become greater for the new ACV, so the Overed Weapon system looks like a smaller feature, said Nabeshima.

Nabeshima shared a couple of hints about the Overed Weapon system with Famitsu. Overed Weapons are an extremely special type of weapon. They'd be difficult to properly use without assistance from your partners. As an example, Nabeshima suggested that one player could be taking aim with an Overed Weapon while a team member chases after an enemy. The chaser will shout "Now! Fire" to indicate when to fire the Overed Weapon.

Oh it's not a pic that confirmed it. It was some article with Nabeshima talking about how the OW's are still in the game but they're not a major focus of it anymore. Same article is where it mentioned that they're basically teamwork based potshot weapons that can't hold their own in a 1v1. It's probably one of the links in the AC5 summary topic we have. Idk which one, tho.

Oh yeah, I remember reading that, but I think he could have just mean that the category of Overweapon is still intact. But the hell chainsaw itself may still have been scrapped.

But I think the idea of a "match" is going to be redefined with AC5. Or at least that's what they're trying to tell us. There's nothing to stop a person from going 1-on-1 with someone, but it almost seems like they're trying to push the team-vs-team concept instead.

Whoever I team with, you buy me time and I guarantee I'm landing OW shots with a high %.

We'd probably all die.

OWs seem to take up the entire back slot by default along with being seemingly very large. I can only imagine that equipping something like dual Insolence kojima cannons all four ACs you bring onto the field would be stupid by default. There's also the chance that you're forced to drop hand weapons to use the OWs, like in that preview video from a while back. I wouldn't be suprised if the Black Lightning OW stores the handheld part on your back, like you're a ghostbuster, until you need it.

I don't have any proof that they kept Ra's 6-Fingers of Burning Justice in the game, Griff. The idea of scrapping it would be pretty wild, though. That kind of stuff would take a lot of work and just throwing it away would be kind of silly, especially since they're keeping OWs in the game.

I also would be fine with PD using an OW. He had pretty godly accuracy with the 81G for an old man. I bet they got an energy club OW.

Pilebunkers and oddball weapons please. that's all I ask. landmines and what not.hell yes, ecm/landmine/vert missile combo.

I'll give the OWs a shot, but I prefer extremes of reliability and oddball in my designs so I dunno.

if there is a return of heat let's make sure rabid QB is welcomed with high heat.

It'd be good to have leg types have thier specialties made that much more meaningful to give players incentive to play multiple types.

I do hope weapon arms stay handy. I.m already looking forward to making crazy stuff. the Lock Reticule will be cool.

Edited by Densuo