Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

By bonuses I think you mean the mission subquests? Those are just depending on completing specific requirements like Charge Attack 10 things, kill 5/10 of this type of enemy, Speed Kill A or B boss/AC/miniboss, locate A/B/C/D hidden part data, etc. The demo mission has Knee 10 enemies to death, kill X enemy of each type, Speed Kill Heli and AC, locate hidden part data A/B/C/D, and then two final sub quests that I don't know yet. Sub quests you haven't actually done show up as ???, which is pretty annoying.

EDIT: Chode and I had some fucking hilarious matches tonight. Oh man, those were some great GGs with some serious goofball opponents. He recorded one of them, so he might upload it later!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, you guys are all free to join team ACU for the demo. Any forum, any site. Just search for team name "ACU". It's the one with an emblem that looks like a grey shield with a unicorn on it. It should ask you for a password when you try to join. The password is "niji". To change teams just go to the center button in the Team Menu and you should be able to navigate your way from there. Be sure to tell other people you know on other forums who may not have a team or anyone to play with.

EDIT: I'm not sure what the chaff is yet since I haven't tried it nor tried to read its stats, but I assume it's just like chaff used on planes. I'll check it out later tonight when I get off work and have had some sleep.

By bonuses I think you mean the mission subquests? Those are just depending on completing specific requirements like Charge Attack 10 things, kill 5/10 of this type of enemy, Speed Kill A or B boss/AC/miniboss, locate A/B/C/D hidden part data, etc. The demo mission has Knee 10 enemies to death, kill X enemy of each type, Speed Kill Heli and AC, locate hidden part data A/B/C/D, and then two final sub quests that I don't know yet. Sub quests you haven't actually done show up as ???, which is pretty annoying.

EDIT: Chode and I had some fucking hilarious matches tonight. Oh man, those were some great GGs with some serious goofball opponents. He recorded one of them, so he might upload it later!

Finding Hidden Parts in mission is back, now I think it really was a good decision to invest in the strategy guide, it's sounding like AC1 all over again.

So me and Fenrawr ended up on the bad side of a 4 vs 2, managed to smash two of them with pile bunkers, first by ramming full speed into the tunnel and colliding with him, 2nd by sneaking up behind em. Still, others wore us down.

Defenders get the positional and cover advantage on the available maps, along with turret support. We also looked at the menu to set up the turrets and found tons of potential cheesy set ups. So good.

I for one LOVE this. It means that turrets and cover aren't completely useless, and if you want to take a base, you have to REALLY have all your nuts in one bag.

Speaking of which, I tried the demo last night, and HOLY CRAP IT'S AWESOME.

Ah so it was you :P Pilebunkering is hard in ACV. x_x 1st off, it's hard to hit somebody. Second, you'll take ALOT of damage if his enemy teammates ain't stupid. You can only kind of pull it off if you collide like you said, enemy is slow/stupid, and melee fights. I have one pile on my backside, it's nice to have it. Especially since weight is so damn low. 2 Gatling Guns on my Light RJ and one pile on the back is awesome. I still wish to know what the Chaff does. I have it on my RJ for it's low weight, and have nothing else good to use in place of that weight. Gatlings ammo is more than enough and very accurate for a gatling imho. Maybe replace it with a better head, but why wouldd I want to sacrifice a 30k damage pile for 400 AP and 20 TE def more? I have the best arms, best core for my RJ, second best HD (considering the defense of each part) highest capacity gen (which is the best btw, it only has a tiny bit lower power than the others) highest power booster, which is imho REALLY needed for a L RJ to easily circle around tanks and ovrall dodging ability as RJ have a tiny amount of defense. Sticky recon so I can just launch them to wherever I want without having to go there myself. My only problem is tanks. Man I hate those. If I try to circle them, then nope, some other tanks is shooting me. :/ The biggest problem is, my teammates don't try to occupy the ones shooting me so I can take the tank out. Tanks are easy to beat for me, but that's only if my teammates occupy the tanks teammates. I love how tanks have lower KE resist than any else defense. I can at least take them out with my dual gatlings then. RJ's are very hard to use, especially when I'm using Niji's button layout. I had to learn it all over. Nothing wrong with that, her button layout is awesome, it's how I'd lay it out, but learning button layout again is a pain. Only difference is no inverted controls, and now I think about it, I may change the R3 and L3 back again. Moving button + Scan modo is pretty annoying, most of the time I accidently push the move button too hard, when I'm in the air, pushing R3 is no biggie, no over boost when in air. Also, nicer combo imho. Movement + movement (overboost), look around + scanning for stuff.

My setup in a list:

HD - TE, the one with 2300 AP

CORE - KE, the one with around 9600 AP

ARM - CE, the one with 4000 AP

LG - RJ Lightweight

Generator - Highest capacity one, with 200k

Booster - High power booster

Recon - Sticky

ARM Weapon - 2x Gatling Gun

L Hangar Unit - Heat Pile

Shoulder - Optical Chaff, like I said, idk what it does yet but even if it's semi useless I'll keep it as there's nothing else good for me to use on my RJ L.

Few questions:

What's the best missile?

What does the EN ampilifier do?

There's no Accuracy trait for AMs?

What does the Optical Chaff; UOC-13 KOHIMA do?

What's the advantage of Bipeds over any other LG?

What do the Wide Angle FCS actully do? How are they supposed to "widen up" you lockcan if it's a fixed circle?

Note:

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use the Pulse Machineguns, EVER. They drain your hard needed EN SO fast, it's not funny, even with the 200k capacity Generator.

P.S. @hardwired Sorry idk myself. All I have is a PS3

@Action Bastard

What weapons/shoulder weapon on your tank?

Edited by Fenrawr

Yeah, sorry for taking off on ya like I did there Fen but hunger got the best of me plus just got off work a bit before so im crashing for a few hours at least. Im not sure but on the EN amp i think it either gives you a quick boost to your energy or enhances energy weapons, haven't messed with it enough to be certain.

AC design wise thinking i might give up my beloved gatling for a bit and try a different path, noticed a lot of the others we ran across were using energy based weapons so a bit of thermal armor ain't to bad.

For hardwired- I think someone put up the easy way before but I will give you best breakdown I remember.

1st from the main screen go down to the option that has ps3 in it, then on your next one move to the right side and choose the option next to the film screen thing that should say PV inside that folder you should see the demo look for the big V

Nah not you, I was the stupid one that time staying back. Should've kept 'em in the tunnels so they cannot move as much as we can. (Aka, fly up or jump) As for EN weapons, I reccommend the Laser Rifle (top number is 3k, which is damage btw if you didn't know yet) or Plasma Gun (the one with 5k as top number) for close up, it doesn't reach far at all but has a VERY nice AoE AND DPS, it has like half the range of till where you can lock on without a long range FCS. I might switch my Gatlings for Plasma Guns now I think about it... But then again, I'd NEED the Energy Amplifier or otherwise I'd feel too gimped and also would sacrifice alot of armor to make room for energy amplifier... also, range, also, even more annoyance on Tanks... Yea... nvm I guess. lol

Btw, he's talking about Xbox Live, not PS3 :P

Edited by Fenrawr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHBGQTHzxs&feature=related

Forward to 6:25 and 7:05 to find out how to get fragment A and C. Or whatever they are.

Also, question to Niji: How is turning auto purge and auto boost good? Also, even though I have it off myself, can you please refresh my memory as to why turning auto lead/aim was good? Ty Niji :)

What giant MT? Helicopter? Just spam missiles on it, preferably Heat Missiles. If you got confused and you're talking about the AC which only appears for a brief moment, slap on something with lots of firepower. Preferably Tank with Dual Auto Cannons and Homing Missiles. Fire away!

Edit: Ninja'ed by Hoppy. :) And wut? You can actually avoid the fight? But seriously. The MT is easy to destroy. Just spam missiles on it. His CE ain't that high either. Especially when you can spam Heat Missiles on it which have CRAZY DPS. Though, don't home in from my speculation, neither even follow the locked target(?) They seem like free fire. Though not sure on that.

Also, his missiles ain't deadly at all. And no I didn't use a Tank or anything. I used a RJ Lightweight. With minimum Defenses at that time even for weight purposes.

Edited by Fenrawr

You should've searched the whole Xbox Live store instead in that case. Do NOT search for "Armored Core V" or "ACV" or anything. LOOK for the demo. You won't find it by searching. Just open all tabs of the Xbox Live store and look for stuff that look like demos or something. Keep looking inside that tab until you find a big V, much like the trailer download cover.

@Hoppy Easy as hell even with 1 AP. Just go on a building, pop up, shoot, he fires missiles? Cancel BOOSTER so the missiles collide into the building, rinse and repeat. Why u so lazy!?

You should've searched the whole Xbox Live store instead in that case. Do NOT search for "Armored Core V" or "ACV" or anything. LOOK for the demo. You won't find it by searching. Just open all tabs of the Xbox Live store and look for stuff that look like demos or something. Keep looking inside that tab until you find a big V, much like the trailer download cover.

@Hoppy Easy as hell even with 1 AP. Just go on a building, pop up, shoot, he fires missiles? Cancel BOOSTER so the missiles collide into the building, rinse and repeat. Why u so lazy!?

I end up with low AP by the time I have to enter the tunnel, and it's easier to just Glide Boost into the tunnel instead of fighting the MT guarding it if I don't have to fight it.

True, but if you're a perfectionist like me, perfecting your story 'n stuff then you'll fight it. And I don't understand how you get low AP even. By the time I get there I have like 25k AP left with a RJ L with Dual Gatlings from the starting 30k AP. With the best Armored parts, but still.

HD - TE, the one with 2300 AP

CORE - KE, the one with around 9600 AP

ARM - CE, the one with 4000 AP

Second best HEAD but that's cuz of weight issues. It's only 400 AP and 20 CE Defense difference anyways.

That's correct. Though I THINK they did something like this: It's downloadable till then but it becomes avaible again for Silveraccounts after 1 week. If not, that's a very big dickmove. You could always just make someone download it for you or just go over to a friends house who has Gold and download it, move it to an USB and move it back to your own 360.

Or even send it to you through e-mail? Not sure if that works though. You could always try. I have a PS3 so I can't give it to you. Wouldn't work I suppose.

Edited by Fenrawr