Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

I'm not giving my hopes up. I'm willing to wait half a year since I know Jan 3 or even March is too good to be true.

And this time i'm not not importing either. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it with ACFA but I couldn't resist buying the english version either. So I'll save 80 bucks this time.

Also, Sega better not screw up the game when publishing it,lest we get BOX LEGO ROBOTS like in AC4's cover. Freaking Hedgehog lovers, the lot of them.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New pics on ACV website:

http://www.armoredcore.net/acv/flash/#/core/screenshot/page17

Lots are the OW pics we've seen but also some actual new ones.

PIC 266/277 Does my eye spy a TRANSFORMABLE unit?

275/277 Giant armored train

Check it our for yourself.

Extra stuff on famitsu.

Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/sp/111215_armoredcore/

Edited by farmboy28

A little bit, yeah.

But they're hopefully revamping how battle should be dictated, AKA it doesn't look like Gundam: FROM SOFTWARE edition this time.

Then again, I've never been disappointed by an AC game

except Nine Breaker

Even then, I reserve use of the word "hate" in this matter.

Edited by Pendragon

same engine I believe

I'd be pissed if it was the same engine. I'm pretty sure they could have managed a lot more with minimal slowdown if the engine was better in 4 and FA. Either that or remove all the effects that people don't pay attention too. There were lots of interesting design features and what not in the actual models for the cores.

A little bit, yeah.

But they're hopefully revamping how battle should be dictated, AKA it doesn't look like Gundam: FROM SOFTWARE edition this time.

Then again, I've never been disappointed by an AC game

except Nine Breaker

Even then, I reserve use of the word "hate" in this matter.

I thought EVERYONE was dissapointed in Ninebreaker.

Look at the spoiler link dude, your argument is indeed valid

You read my comment incorrectly. It's obvious he's disappointed in NB My comment was more directed in general. I believed (obviously incorrectly with the above two posts) that No one really liked NB.

Yeah, Ninebreaker was great from a multiplayer standpoint, but players who may not have friends who like AC to play with won't find the single player very fulfilling.

Also, I heard that ACV is planned to have a demo in the JP PSN sometime. Can anyone confirm, possibly with an estimated date?

Edited by Griffon

Yeah, Ninebreaker was great from a multiplayer standpoint, but players who may not have friends who like AC to play with won't find the single player very fulfilling.

Also, I heard that ACV is planned to have a demo in the JP PSN sometime. Can anyone confirm, possibly with an estimated date?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/13/from-software-will-release-an-armored-core-v-demo/

They haven't set a date, only confirmed they will have a demo. Unfortunately, its for JP only. :(

They haven't set a date, only confirmed they will have a demo. Unfortunately, its for JP only. :(

Not too much of a problem. If they still work, there should tutorials online for how to get a JP PSN account. Navigating the JP PSN store to find the demo section is going to be the tricky part, however.

Edited by Griffon

You read my comment incorrectly. It's obvious he's disappointed in NB My comment was more directed in general. I believed (obviously incorrectly with the above two posts) that No one really liked NB.

Ah sorry...to tell the truth I don't absolutely hate it, there were certain things I missed balance wise in NB, not that I'd know anything about how it factored into mulitplayer. Good thing I still own the game despite my urge to sell it for cup noodles. (Not directly of course).

I just went on a shopping spree for some games I missed out on, and asked the dudes about ACV again. This time they have it labeled for April and nothing new with the preorder itself.

My brother made a JP account awhile ago, looks like I'm going demo hunting!

Funny you guys are talking about Ninebreaker, I just restarted on it yesterday after beating Nexus.

Man, is it a time-consumer. It actually is more fun then I remember, but it takes a little bit to get up in the training, and the fact that the whole story is nothing but "you're in boot camp" made it not as interesting as Nexus or Last Raven.

I just went on a shopping spree for some games I missed out on, and asked the dudes about ACV again. This time they have it labeled for April and nothing new with the preorder itself.

Did you happen upon Gamestop by any chance when you asked about ACV? I stopped trusting them when they said Armored Core: For Answer wouldn't be out until 2009..

Funny you guys are talking about Ninebreaker, I just restarted on it yesterday after beating Nexus.

Man, is it a time-consumer. It actually is more fun then I remember, but it takes a little bit to get up in the training, and the fact that the whole story is nothing but "you're in boot camp" made it not as interesting as Nexus or Last Raven.

Did you happen upon Gamestop by any chance when you asked about ACV? I stopped trusting them when they said Armored Core: For Answer wouldn't be out until 2009..

Yeah it was Gamestop, when did you ask them about FA? I just go in with the idea that if they don't have it slated for a certain release date it just means they have no clue. But once something is definitely coming in who can lie about that? Plus there is no way that the whole industry would be clueless of the official release date if it has not been officially slated. So as far as i'm concerned Gamestop is just another one of those groups. I could try asking bestbuy about it though, has anyone preordered from somewhere other than Gamestop? I've been away from current affairs of gaming for so long I really have no idea if I'll get strange looks for asking to preorder anything at Wal-Mart.

Ah sorry...to tell the truth I don't absolutely hate it, there were certain things I missed balance wise in NB, not that I'd know anything about how it factored into mulitplayer. Good thing I still own the game despite my urge to sell it for cup noodles. (Not directly of course).

My brother made a JP account awhile ago, looks like I'm going demo hunting!

I hated how some shots automatically missed. I took the Laser Machine gun which the top AC in the arena uses. I took it to test mode against a stationary target. Every fifth shot missed. I'd shoot a shot. wait until my AC was stationary again, and fired the next shot. the first four were fine, the fifth would veer off to who knows where. That was stupid.

Speaking of ACV, does anyone else have a solid release date for North America?

I've searched several forums and websites with multiple dates ranging from Jan. 2012 - April 2012...

Edited by Misk