Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

The special DLC moonlight that I got, ANOTHER MOON, is pretty fucking awesome. Hoppy did you pre-order LRp too or am I the only one running purple moonlight of justice? This shit is craaaaaaazy.

EDIT: Btw, I kicked the skull of that tutorial AC in (Grind Blade OW Guy). He's not hard at all and he doesn't have to kill you or anything for you to progress. That poor guy gets kicked around so much. Hahahaha.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The special DLC moonlight that I got, ANOTHER MOON, is pretty fucking awesome. Hoppy did you pre-order LRp too or am I the only one running purple moonlight of justice? This shit is craaaaaaazy.

EDIT: Btw, I kicked the skull of that tutorial AC in (Grind Blade OW Guy). He's not hard at all and he doesn't have to kill you or anything for you to progress. That poor guy gets kicked around so much. Hahahaha.

Already downloaded that.

Oh and for story mission 2 be prepared to use the garage points often, the train has more armor than a battleship and you have to destroy all the cars and weapons. I reccommend changing into quad or tank legs for the mission's second part.

The AC4/FA community isn't any more dedicated than the previous generation community was. It just appears that way because those games are what's being talked about and played right now. And that's the way it should be considering AC4/FA are the most recent games in the series.

I'll be playing on my XBAWWWX.

[edit]That nuke is quick!!

Edited by Rachis

The only people who have the JP version in the NA community have it on PS3. Afaik, the 360 can't play JP games.

Anyway, I've finished about 35 Order Missions, all S ranked and with all subquests complete, and I've done the first story mission with an S rank and all subquests complete. I'm still busy buying parts and playing with them, so I haven't done any other story missions or PvP yet.

ACU is still exploded, btw. It's going to take some time to fix it all up properly since I had to move change hosts entirely. Once it's fixed up I'll make a bit post on it. Expect it to keep randomly exploding over the next 24-72 hours.

EDIT: ACV is offline for season reset. That was a very fast season.

I have uploaded the ACV Intro Video, btw. Most of you have probably already seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lzOdVJw_pk

More videos to come now that I can relax a bit.

EDIT: Sounds best with headphones or surround sound.

Finished every story mission, all 83 order missions, and have most parts, seems some are unlocked by your team level going up since I don't have the Karasawa but the KRSW.

Also all Hidden part locations in the story mode ( In Japanese but pics of the exact locations for those who can't read Japanese)

http://gamers-high.com/ac5/mission/haihin.html

The ones with a blank part name are parts needed to construct the Huge Missile Overweapon.

The other OWs are unlocked after you complete all story mode missions.

There is no pre-order bonus for JP ACV that I know of. You just get the headset if you buy the special edition (about $100) and that's it. There is a per-order bonus for the NA ACV, though. It unlocks 168 of the base parts in the game for you so you don't have to buy them in the shop. There was a pre-order bonus for people who pre-ordered JP AC:LRp (Last Raven Portable) about two years ago. That's the purple blade moonlight ANOTHER MOON. I believe that the first week of February issue of Famitsu also had a code to get a bunch of starter parts with bullet holes in them. I can't remember what the ACV guide gave, but I know it had a DLC code as well.

Those are all the codes/pre-order bonuses I know of. The only unique parts you get through any of it is the purple moonlight and the bullet holes texture starter parts. The rest are just standard in-game parts that you get to unlock without having to actually play through the game. That's all the PSN DLC is too.

You unlock parts with increasing team level, yes. Anyone who joins team ACU automatically has access to a large amount of parts since my team level is slowly getting up there. I haven't had much time to play, though.

I'll probably try and talk about how parts upgrade and show off the purple moonlight late tonight or tomorrow.

Well...dang. Oh well, as long as im not missing anything important I am happeh.

But how do I go about combating the typeD no. 5 fellow. I thought I read somewhere that it was in an extra mission that you got from pre ordering...somthing. For that matter, where is Moh no. 1? I didn't see him/her in any of the order missions or the single player conquests.

On an unrelated note, who else is loving the frame part design in ACV? I thought I wouldn't like it as much in ACV as in the other armored core games after seeing the trailers and the demo and such, but I was very wrong to judge. Shoulda know better.

The desert maps are pretty trashy looking. There needs to be more maps like that city.

There are 8 maps in total for PvP. All of them are quite large, tbh.

PvP Map List

• Buried Facility
  • Mining Area
  • Urban Area
  • Abandoned City
  • Marine Facility
  • Upper Area
  • Huge Canyon
  • Alpine Base

A lot of them are actually pretty nice. I'll try and do a video showcase of all of them soon, actually.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the AST Sniper Cannon he was using. That doesn't look like the one in beta, though. It seems to only fire 3 shots. The beta AST SC fired 5 shots rapidly. Maybe it's the same cannon but they toned it down. Either way, I'll probably just kick that MT to death. I've become surprisingly good at kicking things and I've learned some neat kick combos.

EDIT: 8 maps dissapointed me too. Tbh they're huge, but not so huge or detailed that they couldn't have more maps. I thought I'd be able to scroll down and there'd be more. They may release more in DLC or something, though. They have a shit ton of DLC planned for ACV.

There are 8 maps in total for PvP. All of them are quite large, tbh.

PvP Map List

• Buried Facility
  • Mining Area
  • Urban Area
  • Abandoned City
  • Marine Facility
  • Upper Area
  • Huge Canyon
  • Alpine Base

A lot of them are actually pretty nice. I'll try and do a video showcase of all of them soon, actually.

With how big the maps are I'm glad they cut the boundaries down for 1v1 matches. :) Glad to be back on ACU... damn host switching stopped me from viewing. I thought I was banned... lol and I just got here. I uploaded a ton of videos the past few days if you missed them and I'm uploading more tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TehGodlyPerfection

I'm quite excited about the DLC... hoping for new maps and parts but who knows what we will get. 3 new DLC will be great for keeping the game fresh (I'm not counting this first batch because it's nothing significant). I wonder what the timeline is on the DLC. Also for those who hadn't heard I believe the unique major part count is 345... I spent time counting the parts in each of the individual DLC sets. This includes Heads, Cores, Arms, Legs, FCSs, Boosters, Generators, Recons, Shoulder Units, Arm Units, and Overed Weapons. The pre-order consists of 168 parts which is one of the two half set DLC. So if you want access to all of the parts (their fixed versions atleast) you need only need to buy one of the two half sets and pre-order the game. I might do it just because story/order missions are just a means to an end for me. I'm in it for the multiplayer. :)

The pre-order consists of 168 parts which is one of the two half set DLC. So if you want access to all of the parts (their fixed versions atleast) you need only need to buy one of the two half sets and pre-order the game. I might do it just because story/order missions are just a means to an end for me. I'm in it for the multiplayer. :)

Wait, how many parts are DLC?

If I understood it right Pen, what they are meaning is that the starting dlc items just let you unlock what you could already get in the game. Just you have it all at once without having to earn any of it.

What I am curious about if anyone can explain a bit is the weapon customization that I have heard about, thats what the "fixed" bit to the weapons is referring to no?

^

http://www.armoredco...sion1_0209.html

The only thing I know is that per set is gonna cost for 200 yen (somewhere around 2.5 USD). Fixed weapons (Special items; DLC. Not the fixed ones you'll find in the game) don't take up slots in the garage as well.

I did read some stuff about it being fixed in stats (obviously), but are generally better to use while your unupgraded weapons are still in an undesired level, which I think is just kind of like FM5's different upgrade routes for your parts and weapons.

Edit: Almost forgot, the whole list should be out by 2/16, says them.

Edited by Goat