Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And next batch... all 5 of the videos today are definitely worth watching.

Video one is a video of some Karasawa gameplay. It apparently does about 70% of the damage that the guy deals through the whole game (says the description).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_QtHJO2r5c

Video two consists of a guy using pile bunkers in a team game and also uses ANOTHER MOON a variant of the moonlight that was available as DLC when you pre-ordered one of the portables.

Pile Bunkers in Team Play

Video three is a guy who doesn't just joust with the shotguns, but actually uses them with proper movement techniques like drifting in order to apply constant pressure on his opponents. He also uses the heat howitzers.

Proper 1v1 CQC

Video four is another one of those giant mech battles that show up in the territories every once in a while... this one is versus Exusia which I believe is also the final boss in the SP game.

4 men vs Exusia "Boss"

And the final video is of a team pulling off the objective rush tactic using pile bunkers. I knew someone would give this a try eventually, but didn't think it would be this effective... lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJHGjXod6C0

-comment on pile bunker rush team-

What took people so long to figure out how to do THAT!? It should've been common sense when you have a mission that says: "destroy [x] Targets or eliminate all enemy ACs" to go for the easy targets.

Yeah sure the defense team are no idiots to let you through but I mean.... come on. If anything, could have a team heavies and tanks as distraction while one AC goes to eliminate those copters as much as possible before the rest of the team ( like the heavies ) try and finish the remains.

-comment on pile bunker rush team-

What took people so long to figure out how to do THAT!? It should've been common sense when you have a mission that says: "destroy [x] Targets or eliminate all enemy ACs" to go for the easy targets.

Yeah sure the defense team are no idiots to let you through but I mean.... come on. If anything, could have a team heavies and tanks as distraction while one AC goes to eliminate those copters as much as possible before the rest of the team ( like the heavies ) try and finish the remains.

Who said it took this long to figure out? This is just the first time it was on video. We've done this a couple times in the demo and had it done to us once.

I got my copy of ACV that I preordered. Oh my god...'played Armored Core' is right. I considered last Raven to be the best game due to its difficulty and its storyline and the number of parts but...geez...this game makes you WORK for the parts, and not only that, it's good graphics to boot.

I cannot understand a lick of Japanese, nor do I care at the moment.

The only thing I WANT to do is join up with ACU, but...unfortunately, not being able to understand katana/kanji is killing me right now.

Trying to search this thread about how to join up teams will be a hassle.

I'm going to try to remember off the top of my head from the demo:

1- on the team screen, the last option would take you to a Deploy screen I think

2- the first option should take you to Move ( don't remember the title )

3- first option again to go to the team search screen

4- you should be able to type in the name of the team from there.

5- I think you could guess your way after that my memory cuts off here..... Until I get my copy that is, then maybe I can help niji with the guides.

I got my copy of ACV that I preordered. Oh my god...'played Armored Core' is right. I considered last Raven to be the best game due to its difficulty and its storyline and the number of parts but...geez...this game makes you WORK for the parts, and not only that, it's good graphics to boot.

I cannot understand a lick of Japanese, nor do I care at the moment.

The only thing I WANT to do is join up with ACU, but...unfortunately, not being able to understand katana/kanji is killing me right now.

Damn straight!

Yeah, now im seem to be having trouble joining the team, I jopined but then it made me create a team. like im not conected to the internet or something.

also keeps askign me about something fromt he psn store, but when I chected with my jp account, the store was down.

*shrug*

Edited by ^Slaanesh

Yeah, now im seem to be having trouble joining the team, I jopined but then it made me create a team. like im not conected to the internet or something.

also keeps askign me about something fromt he psn store, but when I chected with my jp account, the store was down.

*shrug*

Server issue and the PSN is down for Matianence in Japan.

Also, 1.02 reg coming soon, this is going to be a mess because it will let you see the type of router the opponents are using to go online. The Japanese are going to kick out all NAT 3 users.

This is a direct quote from a PM I sent to help someone else get online.

When you first turn on ACV it should ask if you want to make an online account, before it starts loading the pilot data. The right side box is to play online, the left side box is to play solo. It should keep asking that till you make an online account, which it will autoload every time you turn your PS3 on. If you lose connection it'll ask if you would like to load your single player save instead.

So, before the big orange pilot data loading screen it'll give you two screens where you can push buttons. The first screen has just 1 button. Don't push it, it's checking for updates. It'll automatically move past that screen after getting updates. The second screen gives you the option to push one of two buttons. Right side multi, left side single. From there it should load your pilot data.

It may also be that he hasn't downloaded the new catalog file, and as far as I know you have to download it to play online. To download it you just do all the normal steps listed above, but once you get to loading pilot data screen it'll ask if you want to go onto the PSN store and download the catalog file right away. You push the left side button (OK) and it'll whisk you away to the ACV downloads section where you just DL the file and let it install itself. Then you exit and it'll put you right back into the game. Note that you must be on a JP PSN account to update your game with a catalog file, since the file is on the JP PSN store.

I'll try and update the ACV Setup Guide in the Guides & Walkthroughs section tonight with all new pictures and more translations, so it's easier to navigate the game and join teams.

I have updated the ACU Wiki's parts list for ACV. I've only done heads through recon units, though. I still haven't updated the arm units, shoulder units, or overed weapons lists. I haven't updated their specific stats either, just the parts list itself. I did go through all the parts in the wiki, including arm units and such, and correct all the part names. Now all the names should be spelled correctly. Note these are not all of the parts in the game, it's just all the parts team ACU has access to that I've unlocked by getting to level 50. I'll go through and do the arm units, shoulder units, and overed weapons over the next day or two.

I've also taken 55 screenshots of the games menus, which I will add to the ACV Setup Guide over the next two days as well. This means you guys should have no more problems navigating the UI after another day or two. I'll update you guys on it when I get it all done.

FOUND IT. Dang, Niji, you made it hard to join your team...I had to search for four hours trying to find the dang password, and you weren't on so I could bug you about how to get it.

Found it though, and now I'm on the ACV team list.

Don't expect me to be able to help TOO much...I'm fairly low at PVP.

FOUND IT. Dang, Niji, you made it hard to join your team...I had to search for four hours trying to find the dang password, and you weren't on so I could bug you about how to get it.

Found it though, and now I'm on the ACV team list.

Don't expect me to be able to help TOO much...I'm fairly low at PVP.

From what I hear they have done almost no PvP so you should be good to go.

And thanks again Niji for the wiki update. I needed that info. I should have my initial spreadsheet builder ready to go soon. :) I'll start with just the frame and internals and add the arm units and shoulders later as well as more comprehensive calculated stats.