Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wasn't expecting the instant death laser, and its missiles are pretty strong. On top of that it has TONS of AP and defense. Whenever you get behind it it does a super boost jump and if your near it you can take a ton of damage from its shear power. Its also got finger cannon things and when you destroy the head its instant death laser turns into a rapid fire heavy laser. The LLL was much more threatening then anything in order or story missions but the thypD is stronger still and it's FUN.

My strategy for the typeD other then using a multipulse to the face is to bring along a kiwi (anti missile thing) and take out the arms with gatling guns. then use ramming speed on the missile launchers and finally use heat howitzers to take out the head and finish it off. You have to be very careful when ramming the missiles cause of its super boost jump.

This thing was the first good challange I've gotten outta this game and I want MORE! Too bad there isn't a website or something that shows when bosses will appear or something.

Edited by sniper

I can recommend you anything up to the best possible, but it depends on your budget.

The budget would be $50-$100 probably. ACV would be the only game that I'd be using the headset with most likely, so on the one hand I don't really want to go and drop another $100 to play the game well. But on the other hand I'm willing to drop the extra bucks in order to get something decent that'll last me awhile.

Cheap electronics are never a good thing.

And I'll be checking out that Sony 5.1 headset Ultibreaker!

Well Katya there is no MW reverse joint leg type in ACV. But I think heavy weights will suit your fancy (whatever that means).

Very good to know. Sadly I have this phoebia of "heavy weight" in AC games.

he called a ciws a kiwi, ahahaha.

Heavy reverse joint seems to fit the bill for midweight RJ, tbh. and some of them look pretty baller.

Howitzers are basically traditional grenade cannons.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

GERYON eh? Well I guess a laser rifle would be the closest to that...maybe. I assume you want to make something resembling the AC in your avatar right? So yeah, since you can't hanger a laser cannon you'd have to use a laser rifle.

Laser rifles (and laser cannons) are a bit weird in this game. You can fire them without using pretty much any energy but then they are slow and do little damage. You have to charge them up for them to get their listed attack and velocity and such. They kinda work like a rifle/sniper rifle hybrid. The laser cannons are a bit problematic, they drain so much energy from charging that you need the highest capactiy generater pretty much to get a full charge. And even then the Karasawa is stronger.

Yes, but it was kinda stupid. I happened upon a room where you weren't supposed to use boosters. So people were using HWs with cannons since no one would be able to get around them easily. Other then that no one uses cannons with bipedals or RJs from what I've seen.

I've been trying to utilize HWs' huge kneeling defense bonus, but so far I haven't found a way.

EDIT: Oh hey, I randomly just noticed this. I think stability affects speed. Atleast the head's stability does, I don't know about legs.

Edited by sniper

That so? I'll give them another try in the demo since I haven't deleted it yet, but the one I played with seemed a bit odd. I know the thing with howitzers is their trajectory, but it seemed a bit extreme, like I had to aim too high to even see the ground if I wanted the round to go any respectable distance. Maybe it was just the one in the demo though.

he called a ciws a kiwi, ahahaha.

Heavy reverse joint seems to fit the bill for midweight RJ, tbh. and some of them look pretty baller.

You can make a middleweight RJ with the lighter heavy RJ legs, it feels a little different than a middleweight RJ but you'll get used to it.

lol at CIWS called Kiwi I call them vulcans due to seeing Gundams use vulcan guns like CIWS to intercept missiles. They pretty much fire like vulcans anyway.

I haven't seen any rail cannon usage in pvp or anywhere else maybe the reload time is turning people off.

Is there any use for the sub computers outside of missions and what do UAVs do? never used them at all.

Sub computers are really good for battle rifles, sniper rifles, cannons, and heat cannons since it buffs their lock speed a lot. Also any nearby team mates get some lock speed bonus and missile lock speed bonus so they are good for team players. And the bonuses get doubled when you have 2 shoulder weapon slots I think.

The UAV launches a thingy up above your head and then switches your view to that of the UAV looking straight down at your AC. The UAV follows you around like a float recon. When you have the UAV out you cant aim up or down and it will go away if you go into scan or OW mode.

Edited by sniper

I have good news for people who have an xbox and were not able to play the demo. I can hook you up with it. Last night I found a way to pass it to my friends so they can try out the series (side note they are more than just a little excited ;)). My only condition is that you aren't a douchebag on forums and that I can chill with you in a voice party chat to get a good feel for your personality because it requires me to give some of my personal information and trust you. I want to help people get hyped for the game so this is your chance to get some practice at piloting and building ACs a month before the game comes out. Let me know if you guys are interested.

Okay, now that Im back after being locked out for a week (which seemed like months to me), PLEASE Godly, would you grant me the honor of passing the demo over to me? haha

Edited by BerserkFury

Okay, now that Im back after being locked out for a week (which seemed like months to me), PLEASE Godly, would you grant me the honor of passing the demo over to me? haha

Hit me up with your gamertag and I'll get you a friend request. I've got to make room for you. And it may be a few days. I'm locked into finishing up this spreadsheet with images of all the parts to show when you hover over the name of the part.

Sub computers are really good for battle rifles, sniper rifles, cannons, and heat cannons since it buffs their lock speed a lot. Also any nearby team mates get some lock speed bonus and missile lock speed bonus so they are good for team players. And the bonuses get doubled when you have 2 shoulder weapon slots I think.

The UAV launches a thingy up above your head and then switches your view to that of the UAV looking straight down at your AC. The UAV follows you around like a float recon. When you have the UAV out you cant aim up or down and it will go away if you go into scan or OW mode.

I'll try out the sub computer for sure, I need the lock bonus combined with my use of wide angled FCS, and lock speed doubled with dual shoulder arms sounds pretty good, it should be useful on a heavyweight RJ and definitely a tank. The UAV seems to be more for scout units and snipers.

Ok, so I heard something interesting on this crazy internet of ours. And that's that there is pretty much little to no chance of capturing territory, because there is NO motivation whatsoever for a defending team to accept an intruding fight. If they lose they lose the territory, if they ignore it nothing happens, and if they win and beat back the intruders they get nothing.

That just seems like a really bad idea. So pretty much nobody except an elite few accept challenges at all, because there is no reason to.

I heard it on the internet, so it must be true.

Edited by Griffon

If that's how the territories work, I'm afraid I have to agree. There will be a huge initial land grab, and then a big stalemate. Without any way to invade without consent of the owners, I'm thinking few people will have the goodwill or sporting humour to allow others an opportunity to take their territory.

At the same time, I could imagine the problems of leaving it all open and real time. One could log off Sunday night and log in Tuesday evening only to discover everything had been captured.

How does the game adress this?

Ok, so I heard something interesting on this crazy internet of ours. And that's that there is pretty much little to no chance of capturing territory, because there is NO motivation whatsoever for a defending team to accept an intruding fight. If they lose they lose the territory, if they ignore it nothing happens, and if they win and beat back the intruders they get nothing.

That just seems like a really bad idea. So pretty much nobody except an elite few accept challenges at all, because there is no reason to.

Have you played the japanese ACV to confirm this? because that seem pretty f'ing dull to me. FROM went a long way to make this online thing for ACV the pinnacle of the game but if this flaw is present it pretty much defeats the entire purpose of online play in teams.

Actually there is a durability system for territories. When you do regular intrusion matches (the ones where it isn't guranteed that you will fight a team) then if you complete your objective it whittles down the territories durability. If you bring it down to zero you take the territory. When you log in if any of your territories are on fire then it is close to hitting 0 durability and you need to win a defense match to refresh it to maximum. Also you do gain wager points from winning defense games and defense is actually the easier side to play so people wanting to PvP will typically chose to do it as a defensive side. This gives the people trying to take territories the chance to take it from you. Most people will want to play defense because it is easier, that is the incentive. And plus what fun is setting up custom turrets on your territories if you don't get to put them to good use? lol...

Sure playing offense is hard, but it will reward the teams who are really good. If you aren't good enough it is going to be tough to take a territory.

Ok, that doesn't sound too bad, thanks GP. A few questions about what you said.

When you log in if any of your territories are on fire then it is close to hitting 0 durability and you need to win a defense match to refresh it to maximum.

That's pretty cool, but is there any other way to bring the durability back up? I mean if it gets whittled down while you're away, but nobody attacks while you are on, then what is one to do?

Also you do gain wager points from winning defense games

What are wager points?

Ok, that doesn't sound too bad, thanks GP. A few questions about what you said.

That's pretty cool, but is there any other way to bring the durability back up? I mean if it gets whittled down while you're away, but nobody attacks while you are on, then what is one to do?

What are wager points?

There are mainly two types of missions. The simple ones and the dominion ones. Dominion matches are guaranteed to be against other players and you need wager(team) points to start a dominion match in the first place. The simpler missions you just put in a gametype and go do the mission... everyone once in a while you will get intercepted by the team that ones that territory if they are waiting to do a defense mission there. Dominion matches wager points and the territory... the winners get the points and the territory. The simpler missions don't cost wager points and are used to gain wager points and whittle down territory durability.

As for exactly how losing a territory and durability works I'm not completely sure. Whittling down the durability to 0 takes a little bit so you don't typically have to worry about it if you go offline for a while and refreshed its durability before you go offline. This encourages you to constantly make sure you are playing defense to keep your territories at max durability so that when you are offline they don't get taken. The more territories you have the harder it is to refresh all of them in one sitting. Your team ends up being "spread thin".

Edited by GodlyPerfection