Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in their right mind uses high output generators. Are you people all dumb? Balanced and High Cap have been the only viable generators in the game since beta. I swear you must never come across jammer ACs and jammer turrets or something.

What do you expect to do vs an AC team that has someone running UGJ-22/H? That jammer causes you to lose 80% of your EN Output, which means you're gauranteed to go negative and start losing energy even if you stop boosting. UGN-70/Ho VITAL goes from 17,530 EN Output to 3506 EN Output when in the range of that jammer. Most ACs that get in that scenario have something like 10000-12000 drain on their frame, so you're going to start losing 7000-9000 EN per second. The pitiful jamming resistance on the HO generators means you're not going to be stopping those jammers at all. At best you might reduce it to like 70% EN Output loss using UGN-71 ROBUST generator.

Worse is that the HO generators have absolutely no cap, so it's almost gauranteed that you'll enter full genbust. You QB for 15000 EN into a jammer bubble, so now you're 60000 cap is down to about 45000 and then your AC suddenly has negative energy regen in the 7500 range. You have 6 seconds before your energy completely busts and you're forced to try and walk out of the generator jammer bubble (good fucking luck). You don't even have six seconds to respond either, since you have to QB before your energy runs out. More importantly, you may not even be able to leave the bubble because you may not have enough capacity left to do a full QB. ACV does not let you do half QBs. You have to have the full required energy to QB, and the same for jumping and wall jumping. Once you permabust, you die. There's nothing stopping the AC who dropped the first bubble on you from just following you and dropping more bubbles on your head while you're forced to walk away from the bubble. A combination of no reserve capacity and no jammer resistance makes the HO generators easy pickings for generator jammer bearing teams.

Jammers in this game are all serious shit. FCS jammers will fuck you up. Generator jammers will fuck you up. Movement jammers will fuck you up. Even Recon jammers can fuck you up (situational lololol). Don't underestimate jammers. My LW is entirely built around them with no actual weapons besides the ability to kick. It doesn't even use shoulder weapons, I have a dual shoulder subcomputer there to buff my teammates lock speeds instead. You would be amazed at how easy it is to kill handicapped people. Jammers make handicapped people.

Anyway, generally speaking the High Output (HO) generators are all used by backpedalers and snipers. This is because they allow you to keep distance pretty constantly and they're very good at providing energy when they're not near a generator jammer. The Balanced (BA) generators are used mostly for OWs, but they're still very good standard use generators due to having very high stats all around at the cost of a very heavy weight. BA generators are the go to generators for sane people who want a lot of output. The High Capacity (HC) generators are used for CQC and general close quarters combat more because they give you an enormous buffer cap with enormous jammer resistance and decent output for almost no weight at all.

Look at the HERZ GNE500 generator. That one is a favorite among the crazy jousters and CQC players for good reason. 14k output, 175k capacity, 1400 resistance, 400 weight. Compare that to the UGN-70/Ho VITAL generator. 17.5k output, 60k capacity, 500 resistance, 830 weight. Everything on it is distinctly worse for just 3.5k standard output, which is almost negligible when you play this game even remotely right (cover/wall jump). Take note that when the HERZ gets jammed it only loses 50% output or so (due to resists) compared to VITAL losing 75% or so, meaning it has more output while jammed than VITAL has and 3x the capacity. Much, much safer and half the weight.

If all you're doing is QBing everywhere, you deserve to run into a generator jammer and die a really faggy and lame death.

PS: I've added the prices of all the parts to the wiki and I've corrected all the stat field names so they make a bit more sense and look more clean. I've also updated the heads and cores that already had part pages to display proper up-to-date stats (including new patch). I'm going to try to update all the remaining parts tomorrow night and then I'll get to adding all the parts pages that we're missing for all the other parts. ACV parts list should be done pretty soon. Maybe even before Wednesday. It'll be all blue links with all parts and part stats (besides unlock info) posted.

Jammers in this game are all serious shit. FCS jammers will fuck you up. Generator jammers will fuck you up. Movement jammers will fuck you up. Even Recon jammers can fuck you up (situational lololol). Don't underestimate jammers. My LW is entirely built around them with no actual weapons besides the ability to kick. It doesn't even use shoulder weapons, I have a dual shoulder subcomputer there to buff my teammates lock speeds instead. You would be amazed at how easy it is to kill handicapped people. Jammers make handicapped people.

I've only read about FCS and recon jammers, I had no idea there are also movement and generator jammers too. This changes things for me quite a bit, I can see myself building an unarmed unit similar to yours Neji. It does indeed seem as though jammers are now serious business and a jammer which causes an 80% output loss? That shit cray.

Not true at all... :wiggle: I can keep heavy CQC pressure w/ shottie/pulse and short range missiles (no jousting). And I can do that with max EN head, recon, and legs (obviously we only have one pair of LWs in the demo... lol).

What kind of boosters? High accl, high power or low consumption? I'm not saying you can't spam QB, you can...it's just not as effective as in FA cause it doesn't have that exaggerated power. I use the mid in the demo and I QB spam with the high accl boosters but not to the extremes of FA and that's the answer I was giving Griffon.

Who in their right mind uses high output generators. Are you people all dumb? Balanced and High Cap have been the only viable generators in the game since beta. I swear you must never come across jammer ACs and jammer turrets or something.

What do you expect to do vs an AC team that has someone running UGJ-22/H? That jammer causes you to lose 80% of your EN Output, which means you're gauranteed to go negative and start losing energy even if you stop boosting. UGN-70/Ho VITAL goes from 17,530 EN Output to 3506 EN Output when in the range of that jammer. Most ACs that get in that scenario have something like 10000-12000 drain on their frame, so you're going to start losing 7000-9000 EN per second. The pitiful jamming resistance on the HO generators means you're not going to be stopping those jammers at all. At best you might reduce it to like 70% EN Output loss using UGN-71 ROBUST generator.

Worse is that the HO generators have absolutely no cap, so it's almost gauranteed that you'll enter full genbust. You QB for 15000 EN into a jammer bubble, so now you're 60000 cap is down to about 45000 and then your AC suddenly has negative energy regen in the 7500 range. You have 6 seconds before your energy completely busts and you're forced to try and walk out of the generator jammer bubble (good fucking luck). You don't even have six seconds to respond either, since you have to QB before your energy runs out. More importantly, you may not even be able to leave the bubble because you may not have enough capacity left to do a full QB. ACV does not let you do half QBs. You have to have the full required energy to QB, and the same for jumping and wall jumping. Once you permabust, you die. There's nothing stopping the AC who dropped the first bubble on you from just following you and dropping more bubbles on your head while you're forced to walk away from the bubble. A combination of no reserve capacity and no jammer resistance makes the HO generators easy pickings for generator jammer bearing teams.

Damn it Niji... let them figure this out for themselves. They are all grown up. :P High output is terrible in ACV... the fact that anyone is doing CQC with Ho Vital scares me. Even then though with the additional bump to EN output it is going to help with those of us who use the big gens. I'm looking forward to trying out Herz over Sonne to see if the 25K cap drop will affect me too much. If Herz is at 14K now then it will be like Sonne in the demo, but with less weight. :wiggle:

What kind of boosters? High accl, high power or low consumption? I'm not saying you can't spam QB, you can...it's just not as effective as in FA cause it doesn't have that exaggerated power. I use the mid in the demo and I QB spam with the high accl boosters but not to the extremes of FA and that's the answer I was giving Griffon.

Well Niji pretty much gave it away if you weren't paying attention. With that information and some EN conservation techniques you can spam as effectively in FA, you just have to take a couple second break if you get a little too spam happy.

Edited by GodlyPerfection

^ Yeah, good thing I had that warning about getting jammed when I only had that ACV demo on the first few days of the retail version. Basically if you get your fucking generator jammed with that setup, you will literally be sitting ducks. You can see it yourselves when you try to boost or move while being under the effect of being gen-jammed, to see how much you've fucked up.

In any case, I'm liking the Prochrnyi so far regardless of whether I have OWs or not; managing weight has never been that much of a big problem anyway, at least for me. I'll see if I can get away with the Herz and Forte GNE450 as well.

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)

Ehh, QB spam seems like its a thing for covering short distances or out-flanking when they turn to hit you. Not primary locomotion like FA. Anyways, is there still PQB/2nd stage? Also, some of the vids I've seen the maps are kinda enclosed, like in little ravines and stuff. Are there any big open ones?

Well Niji pretty much gave it away if you weren't paying attention. With that information and some EN conservation techniques you can spam as effectively in FA, you just have to take a couple second break if you get a little too spam happy.

Hmm... nope still don't know. Please do tell.

Well at the moment bareley anyone uses jammer guns, and I'm not just going to run into a jammer turret so the VITAL works for me. I definatly will be trying/have been trying to move away from the VITAL on as many designs as possible. I really would like to have the higher capacity.

Jammers are arm weapons and also turrets you can place in territories. for the arm weapon jammers you shoot a short range projectile (different jammer types have different ranges) that turns into a zappy bubble thing that doesn't move. if an enemy gets withing a certain distance of the bubble they get debuffed.

I think optical chaff lowers enemy lock speed on you once you've used it.

Pretty sure there's no second stage or anything like that.

I don't see why so many of you are comparing ACV to ACFA. To me the games are different enough that I see no point in comparing.

Okay if your explanation about optical chaffs is correct, sniper, can anyone relay these part's effectiveness in sniper builds? Because Im generally assuming that snipers will only be effective in team battles do to other team mates distracting the opposition giving the sniper a change to position him/herself accordingly and begin sniping. In the case that the sniper is compromised, Im speaking from common sense here, that he/she would wanna get away and re-position. So would optical chaffs be of any good during re-positioning due to the hindrance they cause the pursuer's lock one effectiveness/capability?

Okay if your explanation about optical chaffs is correct, sniper, can anyone relay these part's effectiveness in sniper builds? Because Im generally assuming that snipers will only be effective in team battles do to other team mates distracting the opposition giving the sniper a change to position him/herself accordingly and begin sniping. In the case that the sniper is compromised, Im speaking from common sense here, that he/she would wanna get away and re-position. So would optical chaffs be of any good during re-positioning due to the hindrance they cause the pursuer's lock one effectiveness/capability?

It'd be much more beneficial to equip missiles imho to gtfo LW as LW are pretty weak to missiles and missiles are pretty damn powerful. LW's will be probably the only ones that'll try to attack you before all your sniper ammo is up I guess.

By all that is holy.... So this is basically like having an AC designed to overheat your opponent in Nexus/LR.

See, this is one of those things that I was curious about testing. How big is the radius of effect on the jammer bubble?

Also, what Niji posted is so deviously evil that I think I'm in love with Niji now.

So I've finally gotten my HD PVR... here is some sample gameplay of what I'm doing now. This is from my early morning warm up games. :wiggle: lol... it is from the demo. This is all un-edited and uncut. I still make a ton of mistakes, but I'm getting there. Some of my main mistakes are holding down HB for too long which kicks in my kick and cuts off GB and as well as takes a ton of energy. I also miss tons of wall jumps, scan mode switches, a couple of drifts, and some GB triggers. Keep in mind I'm trying to force myself to play as aggressive as possible while still keeping EN flowing and quick evasive movements to avoid taking damage. Sure I could take cover more often to regen energy, but that is the easy way out and I'll never get better if I do that. Fighting the tank this aggressively is tough as one mistake gets you stunned hard and I'll put some practice footage of that up soon. If anybody sees anything else I could pay attention to while playing to get better... please point it out. :P Especially those of you who have the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9YO67kv8YM

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Hmm... nope still don't know. Please do tell.

Godly. Here! ^^^

Radius of the jammer bubble depends on the jammer type. You can visually tell which jammer is which by the color of the bubble. I'll see if I can get someone from ACU team to do a practice match with me where we show off the effects of the four jammer types for you guys.

Blue: Movement Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 35m)

Green: FCS Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 70m)

Yellow: Generator Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 25m)

Red: Recon Unit Jammer (Average Interference Radius - 100m)

Godly. Here! ^^^

I had a huge thing written out and then I lost it... grrr. I am thinking about doing a CQC guide before the game comes out so I'll probably cover everything I put in that. I am home alone for the next 10 days so now is the best time to do it. So I'll get back to you.

Judging by your video "Godly" you are using low consumption boosters. Yeah you can spam like that all day, which I was trying to point out to Griffon that it is possible to spam with low consumption BUT not as much with high accl. It drains way too much. Your're pretty good on that video, I play using the dual rifle because it doesn't do too much damage. I just do it so I can keep the match lasting a little longer, the AI for the tank, mid, and quad is pretty bad. You're more like bullying them with that retarded high power shottie and pulse gun.

Judging by your video "Godly" you are using low consumption boosters. Yeah you can spam like that all day, which I was trying to point out to Griffon that it is possible to spam with low consumption BUT not as much with high accl. It drains way too much. Your're pretty good on that video, I play using the dual rifle because it doesn't do too much damage. I just do it so I can keep the match lasting a little longer, the AI for the tank, mid, and quad is pretty bad. You're more like bullying them with that retarded high power shottie and pulse gun.

Looks like GodlyPerfection is using the BT-21 SHINATSU high acc boosters in that vid.

Yeah that is definitely Shinatsu, Ulti... low consume boosters are WAY too slow to move like that. And I am using shotties to maximize time in scan mode. I have been practicing with constant damage like dual rifles rather than burst damage weapons... it is a little bit different and a little more drainy since I can't stay in scan mode in between each individual shot unless I really want to get out damaged... lol.

Ok thats weird. I got a guy stuck in a movement jammer while I shot him with an auto cannon and he could not get out, at all. And with my 360% defense buff he was helpless to stop me from slowly tearing him apart. Thats just not fair :/ Edited by sniper

Ok thats weird. I got a guy stuck in a movement jammer while I shot him with an auto cannon and he could not get out, at all. And with my 360% defense buff he was helpless to stop me from slowly tearing him apart. Thats just not fair :/

lol yeah movement jammer jams their movement speed AND stability... that is just mean. :wiggle: