Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Hello folks. I just bought ACV, and so forth loads of fun, but I have a few quick questions;

1. If you do Mercenary work, do you get anything but money?

2. The ACU 'clan' or whatnow it's called here, is it mainly US players?

I live in Denmark but would very much like some folks to play this awesome game with, but if there is little to none EU activity, you can figure it out.

Regards.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys know that you can still kick people while you are in scan mode?

I stumbled on that while trying to regen energy and dodge around a tank AC, I accidently held the boost button too long and instead of boosting over the top of him I wound up kicking him in the head.

Ego, I want you to know you are a hero. Haha. Almost no one has joined the 360 side of ACU team, so you trucking along like that almost all by yourself is amazing. I try to login and get some points at night, but the PS3 side is sucking up all my time since we're starting to break 40 members and I've had to organize it all while running the forum. I'll try to get more active on teh 360 side in a few days though, so I'm not trying to leave you hanging.

Thanks for all the hard work man.

I will have to add you to the list, werd.

=3

Hi,

I've joined the 360 team. It's just us three right now. I've got a few friends coming to the 360 version, so we should at least have enough for one squad of players in the end.

Hope to see you guys on often!

Well, last night I DID have the notion of getting a mole inside of MV and having them throw territory and conquest matches to us.

Still working out the moral and practical aspects of that operation. I'll let you guys know if anything comes of it.

Sounds stupid.

Just play them. A lot more fun to do it that way.

HAHAHA, I dunno about that Tebbo. That just sounds too devious not to be an absolute blast. :D

a few guys from win 1 including myself are going to try to get on at 10pm eastern and use up our stocked up TP on about 5 conquests. would be cool if we had 8 able bodies that knew what they were doing to ramp up our TR for wing 1, see you guys then!

EDIT ; Moving this to the ACU team thread

Edited by bluuegg

We actually hate Mechaverse with a passion since they beat us to having a territory on main map on opening night.

I like passion, more specifically burning passion. We tend to hate on MV because of this and this . Plus the owner EJ can't seem to keep a site running for more than 3 months and likes to disappear a lot for half years. EJ is quite a guy.

Also, can anyone in ACU actually run 10k+ invasions in mining sector anymore? It always defaults to the lowest turret loadout unless i choose max 9999 which doesn't give nearly as many points.

I got the game yesterday and I've played it probably 5 or 6 hours so far. I'm not going to go into a huge likes/dislikes speil (though I certainly could...I'll save that for a blog post :P). Suffice to say I'm really enjoying it though I still wish they didn't cut out certain features from singleplayer-only players.

Anyways, just dropping in here to say that, if I can save up enough monies to get a gold account sometime, I'd really enjoy playing with you guys :D

I actually think there are other ways or raising territory point scores but I haven't been able to nail it down, cuz I've seen my territory in JP version and our territory in NA version gain points when no one has been able to successfully defend. I'm still not sure what's causing that.

Exorcet: Do you still use the same emblem for Omega Epsilon? Also, is moonwalker and the others still on it, or different people now? Anyways, I already got recruited by somebody on my psn list {the funny thing that happened with them was that I was doing story missions, I picked "simple hire" to get a mercenary, got somebody with a name that looked familiar, looked on my psn list BAM, same person, so I sent them a pm, and it got sent at the same time they sent me one, lol, awesome coicidence, so they get me to join their group afterwards. It's called Londo Bell, if that team ever disbands, I'll join OE next.

++++++++++

Holy Jamoly, about ACV, this game is AWESOME. I'm really liking the new changes. I had to remap the controls like 10 times though lol, since I haven't played AC in a long time and the new functions begged to be placed somewhere that made sense for my hands. Also, ENERGY BLADES are awesome this gen! Their so gigantic. I was having trouble hitting with them early on, but now I'm managing to hit even ACs.{for now, the slower kind at least.) High boost(?) is the new quick boost, just with greater recovery making it far less spammable. Some of the story missions are pic, like the one where we had to go to this guy shooting a SUPER LASER GUN that had a blast radius the size of Arithra's primal armor explosion except it destroys your AC instantly if you get caught in it.

Also, as I do in every game, I make an AC that is as light as possible while using parts that I like for looks, and the light I made this gen is just epic. Most awesome AC game so far. The menus are beyond perfect. The mecenary hire's menu, showing an extravagant pic of the mercs AC along with information {as well as that men of honor intro animation}, its all just utterly, superbly, awesomely, epic.

Okay, question, now that my team is filling up I want to change it so that entry is approval based. Can I still do this?

Go to the "Team Menu" and go to your team's data section. You should be able to change your requirements under there as long as you're the host of the team.

Question about FCS lock computation. Higher numbers are marked blue, but the stat description (when you press select) says that the lower the value, the shorter the time required. Which is correct? :(

I think you're talking about two different things? There's the FCS stat which you want to be higher. then there's the camera stat in the head which you also want higher. then theres the lock on time stat for the weapon itself which you want lower.

Lots of territory invading today, twice we encountered another team on the map. IGNbots was a team that we encountered, any relation to IGN? The second team was warriors of sunlight. XD Dark Souls reference lol. Their emblem was the jolly, incadescent knight who's name escapes me at the moment. We nearly beat them. This AC game is so perfect, I'm really getting use to piloting this gens style of lightweight. I can actually use tactics from the older AC games of disorienting people{when I finally got all the parts I needed for my LW and after some movement practice, I managed to get wins in ranked. I'd say my ACs effectiveness is x10 that of the junk AC or when it was half junk, half LW, as the order mission I was stuck on with the incomplete AC I beat in a single try with the finished AC.

Also I have a question, which laser rifle has a shot color that ISN'T red? I only know KRSW has it, and I tried two other rifles, the KARASAWA and a light rifle, and BOTH had reddish lasers. Trying to build a second bot with some emphasis on ranged combat, I was going with the laser cannon, but the fact that it can't be switched with the back weapon until its used up is kind of hampering the ACs effectiveness.

Also, I like the red/red-orange on the laser blades{I just hope the laser rifles have different colors.}. Did anybody else try out that jammer that shoots up into the sky? HOLY KRAP, you can see everything from it. LOL was using it to hide from other ACs during a battle royal by going to streets no ACs were on.

Charge your laser shots. They turn white if you charge them up, also the fullsize KARASAWA only shoots blue the last I checked. The mini-sawa charges from red to white.

That part that lets you see everything isn't a jammer, btw. That is a UAV.

Also, can anyone in ACU actually run 10k+ invasions in mining sector anymore? It always defaults to the lowest turret loadout unless i choose max 9999 which doesn't give nearly as many points.

I think it might have to do with having either a lot of 10k territories of having all of them. RR hasn't been able to do it in Alpine as well, but on the other areas, we can farm from 10k territories; we're now pretty much forced to farm outside to get more points.

The lack of info is also annoying, talk about fucking Namco Bandai and its half-assed manual. At least the retail price has been cut by half compared to the JP copy. It had a 59-page manual full of info though.

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)

Lots of territory invading today, twice we encountered another team on the map. IGNbots was a team that we encountered, any relation to IGN?

Hey there!

No direct affiliation, the main IGN team is in the UK. Since the servers are split, there can be two of the teams. One UK and one US. We are not editors on IGN, just players who have their name.

Edit: I'm on the team, this is how I know all this.

Edited by PoPnFresh

how do I redeem the heavy assault pack code I got for reserving my copy?

depends on where you bought it from. i got it from gamestop and they printed the code on my receipt.

are shotties whats hot right now? i feel like i just flash and battle rifle/shotgun people from behind in a couple shots, but then again i was just pugging so i could just be playing baddies.

im confident with them that im running dual shotguns in the hangar

midweight highly mobile AC, giving heavy reverse joints a try to try out boost charge cuz flashing, then drop kicking a AC and shotgunning them in the face sounds like win