Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Well son of a bitch. A live playable demo and there's no way anyone outside of Japan is gonna be able to try it. It'll probably go up on JP PSN a bit after that, though. I expect we'll get shaky cam recordings of the demo day, at least. Nice find LCC.

I have no idea. I've heard nothing on it, but I would assume that the parts are still made by companies or traceable groups of some kind.

EDIT: Just got the email from FROM SOFT about the demo on the 12th, haha. It is 100% confirmed there will be a live and playable demo, with free admission to the building, on the 12th of March. Too bad you have to live in Japan. I would be amazed if there wasn't a JP PSN release after this.

When I asked about it, he went on to say:

Nabeshima said,

'There is not an existance of parts maker ....because of the game-world configuration of ACV.'

Sounds like what it means is that whoever makes the AC parts will not play a part in the game as it has before, or may not be revealed at all but I can't see that happening. Even Front Mission had parts made by companies, but the corporations themselves never came into play. It could mean something like that.

I still don't know if I like that though. I mean I know it's kind of a petty thing to get hooked up on and that it shouldn't effect gameplay, but.... AC without the Corporations? :P

I'm sure if you could do it last game they'll let it happen again. I'm glad I have a JP PSN already because setting that up was so infuriating. Took me a while because the youtube vid I was watching kept rushing through options and I had to pause every other second to see what he was choosing. Edited by Ninety

I'm not going to set any expectation for AC5. I have always enjoyed the Armored Core series and I already know I will enjoy AC5.

I'll do what I always do. enjoy promo vids, not make any assumptions about what will happen and hope that many weapon types are viable to allow for creativity and fun.

The more we get into speculation and BS the more likely we'll be disappointed when the game comes out. Just like how people get stupid with Fighting Games.

Just wait.

The corporations existed solely for the ability to tell a shitty story. Parts are parts.
Yeah I'm with rachis I don't care if there's corporations or not providing parts.

Yeah, I understand that, and I don't think it will effect the gameplay. But AC without corporations just feels like it's missing something.

Well I was just figuring the demo would be out before the import so it would be easier for me to play that than wait for you to wait for your copy then wait for you to play and stream and upload.

Besides, you haven't bought me my copy of street street yet! Why should I trust you to come through in this respect? :P

Edited by Ninety