Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

What I am curious about if anyone can explain a bit is the weapon customization that I have heard about, thats what the "fixed" bit to the weapons is referring to no?

The "fixed" bit means that the part is a normal part (not junk and not upgradable). When you buy arm weapon parts from the store you can choose one of 6 options. This will effect how you weapons stats increase as you use it. I've found its not the same amount every time and I don't know if there's a way to control this. Perhaps this Niji fellow will explain that.

Anyways theres 6 stats that can get changed by upgrading a weapons performance, and six options that raise/lower these 6 stats. I think the first 2 options increase attack, bullet velocity, and optimal range (not that I can actually read any of this :/). The second option just increases those stats more but lowers the other 3 stats by more then the first option. The third and fourth options raise reload rate and base lock time and only lowers...I don't really know. Fourth option raise the stats 3 does by more but lowers the others by more. The last 2 options raises bullet velocity, optimal range, and that one I have no idea about, and it lowers the other 3.

I'm probably very wrong about all this, but there you go.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand the FIXED and DLC SPECIAL parts are meant to basically be fully upgraded versions of the weapons that are average among all of their stats with no specializations. This makes them work as parts that you use for more serious matches like for territories until you get your upgraded weapons up to par. This also allows you to compare various models of the same weapon type and see which model is better at what. So say one rifle has better attack power than another model, it only makes since that if you want a high attack power rifle you would pick that one to upgrade towards attack power to maximize the potential attack power you could have. The FIXED and DLC SPECIAL versions of the parts could also be worth it for when you want to test new weapons, but you don't want to take the time to fully upgrade one. If you were to use a unupgraded one you would get a bad impression of it because of its lower stats so instead you test with the FIXED versions in order to get a general idea of how the weapon will perform.

And the fixed stats are only in reference to weapons. The actual body parts and internal parts are pretty much the same parts you will get in game. Apparently the differences from what I understand is that they do not take up garage space, and when you buy them you are unable to buy their fixed versions from the store (not a big deal since you pretty much have the same weapons... you will still be able to buy their upgradeable variants). Also you are not able to trade or sell any of the DLC parts.

I will probably buy the other half of the set just so I can jump straight into multiplayer and save the garage space for more performance parts. From what i understand is that when you upgrade stuff there is a randomness factor to how much it upgrades. So if you want the best of the best of a weapon you have to trade for the better stat versions of what you want or keep upgrading new ones and hope you get lucky enough to get the better stats this time. It is a design ploy to get you to keep playing the game... :) and it gives you something to do with the constant amount of cash you are going to be getting.

Hopefully Niji clears up all this soon... I want to know the whole story behind it. Not just my understanding of it. I like the facts. :)

I planned on explaining this in greater detail later on, but yes, your weapons can level up. Guns/Blades/Cannons only. Shoulder weapons like missiles and arm weapons like sentry guns and jammers don't level up. I don't have any OWs since I haven't played more than one story mission in the game so far, so I don't know about them.

The leveling up system for guns/blades/cannons is more akin to a tuning system than a leveling system, though. You get the same ten boxes you got in Nexus to tune your parts and the only way to untune them is to trash them or buy new ones. The difference is that in NX you tuned each box out of the ten as you wanted it, you did it all at once, and you paid money for the upgrades. In ACV you buy the weapon with a specific affinity instead, then you use the gun in missions/PvP and it gains the tuning on its own.

Clockwise, the six tuning stats are: Attack, Reload, Accuracy, Optimal Range, Bullet Velocity, Lock Speed

There are 3 different affinities, with two versions of each affinity. One is the EXTREME version and one is the STANDARD version. An affinity basically sets your weapons tuning path when you buy the weapon. The three affinities basically focus on different combinations of those six tuning stats. I can't remember the affinity branches well since I haven't looked at them too much and I've barely had any time to play yet. I believe it was something like Attack+Bullet Velocity (Affinity 1), Reload+Lock Speed (Affinity 2), and Accuracy+Optimal Range+Bullet Velocity (Affinity 3). I can't recall if the first two affinities had three stats they buffed or not, but I'm sure about the ones I've listed so far.

Now let's use an example to help make this easier to understand. Read this next paragraph slowly so you don't get confused.

You go to the shop and look through the available parts. Then you select a URF-15 VALDOSTA rifle to buy and the confirm screen for buying the part shows up. At this confirm screen, you're given the option to set the weapons affinity (no extra charge). It defaults to the Attack+Bullet Velocity STANDARD setting. Maybe you'd prefer a higher hitrate VALDOSTA though? You might like the idea of chipping people to death at range more. So you switch over to the third major affinity setting of Accuracy+Optimal Range+Bullet Velocity and you decide to go for the EXTREME version of that affinity instead of the STANDARD version. Now you click OK to complete the purchase and a new URF-15 VALDOSTA rifle has been added to your garage with a strong affinity for ranged combat.

It doesn't actually say STANDARD or EXTREME in big letters or anything, I just made that up to represent it cuz it's a good way to differentiate between them. Also, remember that the new URF-15 VALDOSTA you bought isn't unique yet. It's still running basic stats. It's unused and untuned. To make the gun grow along its tuning affinity you have to carry it around on your AC during missions/PvP. You don't have to actually use it, but you do have to bring it with you.

Over weapons don't have levels and the first affinity also increases optimal range.

And I think I was wrong about the stats not increasing by the same amount each time. Ima gonna test that now.

EDIT: Ok scratch that. The stats definatly are different each time you upgrade a weapon. That might be quite annoying. Unless there is some way to control or atleast influence how much the stats change.

Edited by sniper

Performance info...

Thanks for that summary Niji... sounds like I was close.

Over weapons don't have levels and the first affinity also increases optimal range.

And I think I was wrong about the stats not increasing by the same amount each time. Ima gonna test that now.

EDIT: Ok scratch that. The stats definatly are different each time you upgrade a weapon. That might be quite annoying. Unless there is some way to control or atleast influence how much the stats change.

I'm pretty sure it is intended to be random to encourage people to keep leveling up weapons for a certain affinity to see if they can get better stats. Should be interesting going around the community trying to find weapons with better stats and trading for them. :) And I'm also fairly sure this is a ploy to get you to play more trying to max out your stats.

Have you tried using it? It leaves behind a crazy ass trail when it's swung. I'll have to stream it or something. Shit's pretty cool looking. I prefer to just kick stuff, though. I've become surprisingly good at killing people with kicks. I may have to make a Kickboxer AC.

Is anyone else having MASSIVE problems with the game freezing and getting into domination matches, or does my life just suck?

Also how do I change the layout of my turrets?

Also also how do I get hired as a mercenary?

And while I'm asking questions and being annoying, how do I get the giant missile over weapon, what is this mysterious thing I seem to need to take territories (under area information), do I just have to win a bunch of domination matches to get a second weird yellow shield thing? Why am I a bag of peanuts?

Sure do wish I could read this.

sorry about being annoying

Edited by sniper

Game freezing and matches not starting is the ACV servers. FROM is under immense stress from people playing the game. I heard it's in the top 3 games being sold this week right now. I blame it on their success with Dark Souls. They keep going offline constantly, even after they tried stress testing with the demo.

Changing the layout of your turrets requires that you own at least one territory. You just go into the map editor for it in the Team Menu. I'd probably have to take pictures or record me doing it to show you how to do it. I might do that tonight. It's the button under your Personal Data button in Team Menu.

Mercenary is pretty easy. It's the button under Team News in the world menu. Bottom button on the mercenary menu puts you into Mercenary mode. While waiting for someone to send you an invite to a game you can fly around the test mode. Mercenary mode will take you there by itself. Try it out.

I have no idea about the OWs. I haven't played much of the game at all, tbh. You don't have to play dominion matches to win territory. You can just do standard territory missions. They're the ones with giant gold plates with a turret on them in regular mission mode.

Bag of Peanuts.

Questions are ok.

=3

Something I got from Jonevangelist regarding OWs. Just look for the ACV category and parts from http://www.ravenwood.jp . I can't exactly put the exact link, as it just sends you back to its home page anyway.

"入手方法:ゾディアック全撃破(オーダーミッション及びCP01、CP04、CP06×2 全13機)"

^ Only thing I know is that you need to destroy all of Zodiac by doing some sort of Order Mission. No idea wth is CP01, 04, and 06 though.

Edited by Goat

Dear Niji, I'm not sure if it was in this thread, but you mentioned Kick Combos a few days ago. Just a few posts ago, you again mention your skill at killing people with kicks. Would you mind elaborating? I'm inclined to believe you mean something more akin to the chain kicking you displayed on your YouTube post of the demo level, but I'm worried (and I do tend to overthink things) that you've stumbled on to some mechanic stretching godliness here. I don't want you Shin-Robo-Shoryukening my sorry ass so please, spill the beans.

It's just kicking someone in the skull who has low stability. Low stability people can basically be kicked hard, which puts them in a huge state of stun. Low stability and all. Then you can wall jump off their AC after kicking them, and kick them again. Just practice wall jumping (boost driving) off of enemy ACs and helicopters and tanks and stuff. If your stability is low enough I can Shin-Robo-Shoryuken you, yes. Most ACs are safe as long as they remember to spam QB after being kicked.

I streamed a bit tonight, btw. Sorry if the stream quality is poor, my internet upload speed is trash. That's why there are so many visual bugs and framerate drops.

EDIT: You can see both Karasawas and the special purple Moonlight in that video.

For the missile go back to the link in one of my last posts, the CPs are the parts needed to construct the missile launcher and are found the same way as hidden parts, while most are easy to find the one in story mission 1 is easily missible and the pic doesn't help much unlike the others for the Japanese illiterate, it's not in the first intersection where the train comes out but in the second open intersection midway before you go to the railroad yard, when you see the open intersection it's on the right side btw, go there and the part will be there. Just avoid the train and AC until you get the part.

I used that guide you posted the link to Hoppy. I got all the un-named part things, then I got them all again. Do I have to do anything once I've gotten them all?

Have you completed all missions that involve Zodiac? It's not one order mission but several and one of these is OM 83 which has two remaining members.