Fallout: New Vegas

Vincent210

I never had much problem with bugs throughout all of Morrowind/Obliv/Fallout 3. Obliv/Fallout 3/New Vegas have only had noticeable bugs when I've played on PC (I had everything but New Vegas on 360 and PC), and most of that can be accounted to my terrible processor/shit tons of mods. Most of the "(Bethesda Game) is riddled with bugs!" complaints are based on hearsay.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, the Bethesda complaint, as far as the fallout series is concerned, is a fair criticism. Hell, Fallout in general has been notoriously glitchy.

All four of my fallout games (1-3 and nv) have been buggy, and everyone I know who has played any of them has had the same problems, and for most of those people I was able to watch them play on their respective systems. Then you can just go have some fun looking up all the idiotic glitches on youtube. I mean, fuck, Fallout 2 only works after a group of fans made a comprehensive patch than patched nearly the whole game, including actual plot elements and inconsistencies in the story. That's horrible! It shouldn't take the fans to fix your story.

As for Morrowind and Oblivion, I don't have an opinion on that since I didn't buy either and I never talked to anyone about them.

For F3, PS3 version is the buggiest; for NV the PC and 360 versions have been consistently buggier (so far). F3's excuse is that it was designed for the PC and 360, and they just tried to convert the game or whatever to PS3 format instead of doing it from scratch, so to speak. I don't know what NV's excuse is.

PS3. I don't think there's an option for it; I'm pretty sure it's just something you have to do to play the game.

Wow, that Doc Mitchell, crazy bugs going on there. And that dog Cheyenne, is it... moon walking!?

Those are some pretty crazy bugs/glitches going on there.

• 4 months later...

I haven't played New Vegas in forever since the main story path on my save had a scripting error (House won't recognize that I've "dealt with" the Omertas) so I was kind of pissed and just put it down.

I plan to bring that file back up, get every trophy possible with it, then dump it for a entirely new file. Anything notably awesome or notably bug-ridden in the DLC (without massive spoilers) I should know about?

Probably won't pick any of it up until after I get Skyrim.

Cowgirl? Elaborate.

Also, I just remembered one of my favorite encounters from the whole game:

"I'm Selling Wind Brahmin! Real Cheap."

[Tumbleweeds?]

"NO, Wind Brahmin!~"

[How much?]

"All."

[My Caps?]

"Yes, they are good Wind Brahmin."

[No.]

"YOU DON'T BUY? THEN YOU DIE!!~"

If I remember correct that tumbleweed place is put somewhere past New Vegas itself. I'll find out from my old broke save.

I just remembered a humorous 'incident' that my friend told me about.

Basically, he found some dead NCR guys in a crater of some sort. When walking away, they shouted at him, "Hey you, stop." Stuff where they were going to attack you. Then a grenade slipped out of their body, and it exploded, killing them a second time, death screams in all. He saved it and reloaded it. Does it every time.

Finally got to see this first hand myself a while back. It's pretty hilarious.

Chris McKibbin is also loving OWB, mostly cause of the humor in it. He even felt the need to call me about it.

Old World Blues is causing massive amounts of crashing on my ps3. Otherwise it's dope. I think I like this one the most of the 3 so far, in terms of how much fun it is to play. The goodies so far don't seem to be nearly as good as Honest Hearts, though.

Damnit if the nightstalkers aren't way stronger than normal. And those damn roboscorpions and Lobotomites. Shit, everything. It's been a tough going so far in that damn place. I went in with only Light Shining and All-American and about 250-300 rounds of each. Didn't go too far. I really should have packed a bigger gun, like a brush gun. This is my punishment for not going in my cowgirl gear, I suppose. All-American has been almost completely useless. Same with the k9000 I got in the beginning.

It's somehow worse in OWB than it was in HH where all the "tribals" I was fighting were carrying AM rifles and riot shotguns. Tribals my ass. They weren't even carrying the damn weapons that gets made in the area! They "brainless" lobotomites all have brush guns and hunting revolvers. Unreal.

Oh, and Veronica Belmont's voice acting is pretty bad, huh?

EDIT: I'm saying take your brush gun, John. Or at least a sequoia.

Edited by Penguin Deus

PD, son. Did you learn nothing from Fallout 3?

You don't play Fallout on PS3 if you really want to enjoy it to the maximum capacity of enjoyment possible.

I've never been big on learning my lesson. :(

I thought the ps3 version of NV was running a bit smoother than the 360 one. The opposite of F3. Well that's what I had been reading anyhow.