[3D Fan Movie] Armored Core: Limit Release

Tis my birthday today , I just got back from a little outing on Valentines day and been working on the tank legs now I had reference for em, all day instead of chilling out , given myself a migrain but its paid off , the pics are up on the site, ima update with a video like I normally do later on at some point.

Time to take a break now and chill...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can take 720p recordings of the parts in-game, as well as large 3MB .bmp screenshots. Just tell me what parts you want from where and I can record them, encode them down to around 50MB or so and upload them to my FTP or YouTube. Whichever you prefer.

Well , Im almost done with the transport plane, Im adding to the design abit, making changes to suit the style obviously and also changes to the interior too.

The Interior now will mainly be a hollowed out shell with a rib cage full of support struts, aswell as an overhead crane system for supporting the weight of the Vanguard System attached to an AC, the whole point is that I atleast want either a scene or a playable section in the demo that shows a test of a Vanguard unit to try and string together the two Universes or just to show how cool it will look having an air drop out of the back of a transport.

The whole idea for the scene is to let the transport climb to a safe altitude, then keep climbing upwards at a angle and drop the AC out of the back , because the AC probably can only take the weight of the Vanguard Unit for so long without it being suspended , or atleast thats my assumption based on the fact that in FAs intro you only see White Glint stood up right for about 2 or so seconds before it hunches over to take the strain better..

As for the Subscriber status, Im not exactly sure what it is, but I am proud to have something presented to me for the work done so far, I only hope I can return the favor when it comes to the low poly and texture work to get the stuff ingame ;)

As for any help I can use, I could do with pics (cutscene or otherwise just as close as possible and as large as possible to capture the detail) of Any MTs , Preferably the more older style ones , for instance , the revamped old ones from ACNX or AC2 ones , because what I can do is , if I can get enough pictures of them from as many angles as possible , I can estimate the size of the parts that make up the model , and then do them in higher detail obviously and then put them into the project , preferably 1 reverse style walker , 1 flying, and 1 ground type for now ...

Thanks again ;)

Pics of the transport later ^^

I'll record me walking around some MT's later and upload them to my personal YouTube channel. >Niji01

The subscriber status is basically useless, haha. It does give some benefits, but most of them aren't really anything helpful. It's more about that custom user icon under your name, hahaha. Anyway, I plan on making special groups for people who just make provide all kinds of cool content with different icons than "Subscriber - B". Haha.

Anyway, I know this project isn't for ACU, specifically, but I could care less. This is a big enough venture for the community that I think you deserve some recognition just for putting out so much effort. I mean, when you finish the project it's not guaranteed to be over, yah? Others who have a lot of experience may find it later on and decide to help out or carry it on further. A lot of projects have that happen nowadays. It could eventually explode into a large fan game. What you're doing is laying down the groundwork for some large potential, which I like quite a bit.

Hopefully, ACU will have a lot of members joining after I finish a good advertising campaign. That might take a few months, though. We're barely even two weeks old, haha. Eventually, we should have a large enough member pool that you might be able to find some really good help. Haha.

Done the AC Carrier , god it took ages thanks to poor reference , even with wide angle shots , it was still annoying to get certain parts and details into the mesh, I kitted the insides out , but took out the crane idea I had , because after working on it for most of the day I could not be fussed anymore about little things like that.

Its almost 4am jeez time flyz when your modeling stuff T_T , think I might take a break tomorrow or rather later on today and actually play something XD

For pics and a video of the carrier, go to moddb as normal ;)

Feedback is always welcome :3

I've recorded four videos. Two from Nexus and two from Another Age. I'll get to encoding them here in a bit and then I'll see how big they come out to be. I can always upload them to YouTube, but that will ruin the quality a bit, which may make it hard to see. I'll upload them to YouTube anyway while I sleep though, that way you'll have access to them sooner than if I uploaded them to my FTP.

If you need them in higher quality I can upload them to my FTP and give you the download link.

EDIT: Ok, I'm uploading to YouTube now. They should all be uploaded in about an hour from now. After that it may take about an hour or two to process all the videos into full HD, maybe less. Hope they help, tell me if you need them in better quality or if you need better videos in general. I just recorded at liesure for these, haha.

=3

Just woke up and thought I would call in and see if there was anything to reply to, and sure enough there is ;)

The videos themselfs are fine , but I do need a few really close shots, the Walker MT from AA is fine cause I have the wallpaper to go off, so Dont worry about that, the Crane I think I can manage the levels just abit dark, the Jet Carrier I am waiting for it to process before I can give any feed back on that,and the Walker in the mission introduction on the Nexus Revolution disk I could have used the footage from the beginning where it gets punched aswell , cause that has a extra close up at one point.

Thats about all I can comment on really , that and say thanks for the time spent on all of these , I will try to use them to the best of my ability.

I would like to help with the Photos, but all my vids are filmed with Webcam, so I don't think I'm of great help here...

However, nice hearing all the nice things you're planning. That VOB idea seems attractive! Another idea is that... you could maybe build some sort of plane that's actually the Raven's base... it maybe could look a bit like the HUGE AIR CARRIER that gets shot down in the beginning of the NEXUS in-game intro.

Just realized I didnt post it yet here, If anyone has`nt already noticed im taking a small break while I find more reference and actually catch up on some relaxing time seeing as I have been working none stop, dont worry though things will pick up and stay strong again for a while when I start doing the low poly stuff, I recently ordered some nice things for reference which I will have to show you guys when I get em, till later ;)

-Dave

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9789/img3655m.jpg

Got myself some reference ;) , im about half way done with the legs atm, I just need to do the thighs and pelvis , then they are done , then I need to do the core , and then thats all the parts I had planned done.

Thank god lol

-Dave

new stuffs up at moddb for you guys to check out when ever you want ;)

Just uploaded a new image and video to moddb , need urgent feedback on this situation, as you can see easily, the model with less detail but with the texture that makes it look 3d, is the version I will be using ingame, but at the moment its totally flat sided, do you all think I should make the parts that are ment to stick out 3d aswell to balance it, so it looks better?

Nah, it looks good to me as is. Adding more 3D to it will just make it harder to load and most of the details you could add seem to to be minor. The texturing seems to do a more than good enough job, if you ask me. They seem to still carry a lot of 3D detail.